Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #12541
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahFox View Post
I have this one, used it yesterday to put the Arrow map on the bike. The bike is noticeably quicker with the Leo Vince on, and the pipe can be touched even after 12 miles of city riding.

Leo Vince carbon or aluminum? I would expect the carbon not to get too hot but just thought I'd ask.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #12542
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
Leo Vince carbon or aluminum? I would expect the carbon not to get too hot but just thought I'd ask.
Yep, the carbon one. You don't want your hand to linger, but short touches are no problem. It is cooler than the Arrow on my former bike...

UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #12543
Kuato
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Question Auxiliary Lighting

I'd like to add auxiliary lighting to my Tiger 800, but not sure if I should go OEM fog lights or some other lights like PIAA. Does anybody have any suggestions on good lights that won't break the bank?

I'd like to hear what others have installed and how they worked out for you.
Kuato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #12544
Motomantra
Registered Lurker

Oddometer: 1,235
About the ECU re-map

I was at a dealership the other day & asked how many 800s they have sold. He guessed about 30. Then I asked about the ECU "issue" I've been reading about. Here's the story I got from this dealer (known to be reputable):
All the bikes coming to USA have a "Euro" map & it is the dealers responsibility to correct this before delivery, because of our crappy gas. Problem is many dealers are not doing this.

I'm just passing this on, I never said it was gospel. As the 800XC will be my next purchase, I have been watching this thread.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #12545
marloweluke
The Flying Dutchman

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post
I'd like to add auxiliary lighting to my Tiger 800, but not sure if I should go OEM fog lights or some other lights like PIAA. Does anybody have any suggestions on good lights that won't break the bank?

I have been thinking about this for a while also. I have been watching the LED lights that Sanjoh sells in the "Vendors" section and likely would purchase those if I were to add additional lights. For now I have purchased some Phillips Extreme Vision H-4 bulbs which I have yet to install. If the additional lighting from those is sufficient for me I will not be buying extra lights. I tend not to ride at night because of where I live. We have a huge deer population and I impacted a deer myself two years ago. This last year alone I have witnessed two deer impacts and one Elk impact. So I only ride at night when my planning has failed. Anyway, getting off topic here, but have a look at Sanjoh's lights, they are about $120 a piece for a lot of lumens.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #12546
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by marloweluke View Post
I have been thinking about this for a while also. I have been watching the LED lights that Sanjoh sells in the "Vendors" section and likely would purchase those if I were to add additional lights. For now I have purchased some Phillips Extreme Vision H-4 bulbs which I have yet to install. If the additional lighting from those is sufficient for me I will not be buying extra lights. I tend not to ride at night because of where I live. We have a huge deer population and I impacted a deer myself two years ago. This last year alone I have witnessed two deer impacts and one Elk impact. So I only ride at night when my planning has failed. Anyway, getting off topic here, but have a look at Sanjoh's lights, they are about $120 a piece for a lot of lumens.
Personally have seen the Sanjoh's Led lights...great light/ lumen output & the quality is good.
I will probably buy a set soon....
Old 04-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #12547
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 864
Quote:
I have this one, used it yesterday to put the Arrow map on the bike. The bike is noticeably quicker with the Leo Vince on, and the pipe can be touched even after 12 miles of city riding.
I have the Fuel Midi Can(no insert baffle) on mine & the Drone it emits at cruising speed pisses everyone off that's behind me. How the sound at cruise speed? I love the sound ...but the Drone!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #12548
Snapper
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by GitchaGumee View Post
I hate to bring up an old topic, but... I received my SW-MOTECH City tank bag and was going to mount it today. The bag itself looks great, but I'm leary of the topring kit.

I was expecting the simplicity of a quick pin to release the bag, but it has a rotary mechanism that actuates four dogs that release the bag. My main concern is with the release pull cord that routes through the body of the mount. If (when) this cord fails there is no way to release the bag. I hate it when manufacturers make designs more complex with little to no benefit in function.

Has anybody with this topring had any issues? Share my concerns?
Yeah, I noticed that as well. However, I can see and reach the dogs with a screwdriver to push them back to release the bag without scratching the tank. Move one and they all move. I'm not worried about it and will occasionally check the integrity of the string.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #12549
UtahFox
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 446
USB Port.

I installed a Tapp-Lite USB power power port on my bike today. Very easy install, though it probably took me an hour and a half as I usually just plod along.

http://www.3brpowersports.com/TAPP_lite.htm

UtahFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #12550
Wandering Dane
We are the luckiest guys

Oddometer: 343
SW Motech Center Stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkbox View Post
You've had good experiences with the SW-Motech one? I'm interested in it but hesitant to commit for my bike with all the trouble Triumph has had in general.
Mounted one on my roadie: removed the cannister and plugged the hoses. The fit is perfect and the unit is well-made, very easy to install, works great.
Wandering Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #12551
Hallwine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
An inmate here has some good LED spots and floods

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...=607184&page=4

I put a pair of the spots on my hepco tank protector bar and used the Triumph fog light switch and sub loom.
worked very well.

Alas no good pics, because of Garage fire but this sort of gives an idea of what they look like and where they sit (sat)

Hallwine screwed with this post 04-30-2012 at 04:55 AM
Hallwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:05 AM   #12552
Rofor
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Hi,

Quote:
Any special reason, why you used the Arrow map?

In the british Tiger800 board somebody contacted LeoVince and they told him that the standard map should be used with their cans as only for the 'original' Arrow can the special map is needed, all other aftermarket cans should work with the normal map!

My roadie also works perfectly with the standard map - was by my dealer two weeks ago for service, and they put on the Arrow map on my bike (don't know why) and immediately the tiger consumed approx. 0.5l/100km more fuel, also wasn't able to feel better performance and i think, it didn't rev out as 'freely' as it was before! So back to standard map thanks to TuneECU!

The only reason, which could be possible for me - with the Arrow map the mixture should be more rich on fuel, which maybe could be necessary in the States, as you don't have 91 or 95 octane fuel like we here in europe as far as i know!?

Greetings from Vienna, Austria!
Rofor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #12553
KildareMan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motomantra View Post
I was at a dealership the other day & asked how many 800s they have sold. He guessed about 30. Then I asked about the ECU "issue" I've been reading about. Here's the story I got from this dealer (known to be reputable):
All the bikes coming to USA have a "Euro" map & it is the dealers responsibility to correct this before delivery, because of our crappy gas. Problem is many dealers are not doing this.

I'm just passing this on, I never said it was gospel. As the 800XC will be my next purchase, I have been watching this thread.
There are no USA maps & Euro maps.

Here are the current 800 tunes:

20636Map.hex OEM md5checksum Use with standard silencer. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON)fuel. Replaces the 20630
20637Map.hex OEM md5checksum Use with Arrow slip-on silencer. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON)fuel. Replaces the 20631
20632Map.hex OEM md5checksum ABS Use with Arrow slip-on silencer. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON)fuel. Replaces the 20626
20634Map.hex OEM md5checksum ABS Use with standard silencer. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON)fuel. Replaces the 20628

So basically a "standard" tune & an "Arrow" tune, abs & non abs

Here are the 800xc current tunes
20633Map.hex OEM md5checksum ABS Use with Arrow slip-on silencer. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON). Replaces the 20627
20635Map.hex OEM md5checksum ABS Use with standard silencer. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON). Replaces the 20629
20636Map.hex OEM md5checksum Use with standard silencer. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON)fuel. Replaces the 20630
20637Map.hex OEM md5checksum Use with Arrow slip-on silencer. Fuel up to E25. Minimum 91 RON (87 RON/MON)fuel. Replaces the 20631
KildareMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #12554
blacktiger
Tigers R great.

Oddometer: 3,605
Quote:
Yep, the carbon one. You don't want your hand to linger, but short touches are no problem. It is cooler than the Arrow on my former bike...

Well those did get very hot especially when the headers are the wrong way round.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #12555
fbj913
I ride

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuato View Post

Not sure what break the bank is for you but check out Rigid Industries. Best lights in my opinion!
fbj913 is offline   Reply With Quote