ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #17551
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryman View Post
No. Dude. That was YOU!
Anyway I would never kick you in the balls cuz it would probably break my foot.
It would be tough on both of us.........I'm sure................

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #17552
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,158
I still have a 19" rear tire here, I got it for free, and it's got at least half the tread on it.
Trading for a kick in the sack, since they are so popular now.
Or a wobbly pop.

Or a whatever. High five.

Also, there is a street ride going down today from Bountiful, up Trapper's Loop and presumably back. Starting at Adrenaline Motorsports, which is coincidentally having some big sale.
I guess they didn't get the Memo about work on Sunday. But then, it doesn't sound like work much.
We might ride, but might not, having a case of sore throats around here.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #17553
dentedvw
Where did I put that

Oddometer: 2,158
What happened, did everyone get banned on Sunday?

Looking for a recommendation for a front rim job.
Darn thing is egg shaped and it's really getting on my nerves.
I think I can unlace and relace it all, but getting it trued is another matter.
If anyone wants to offer up a suggestion about where to pick up another rim, that would be good too.

I bought my current wheel on ADVrider, but got burned bad (arrived bent like this), so I don't think I am going to buy another used wheel without trying it first. Having said that, if someone knows someone with a used DRZ/KLX front wheel, it's worth a shot. I can at least see it in person and give it a spin, see it it's straight.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #17554
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post

If anyone wants to offer up a suggestion about where to pick up another rim, that would be good too.

I bought my current wheel on ADVrider, but got burned bad (arrived bent like this), so I don't think I am going to buy another used wheel without trying it first. Having said that, if someone knows someone with a used DRZ/KLX front wheel, it's worth a shot. I can at least see it in person and give it a spin, see it it's straight.
I've heard good things about warp 9
http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/t/...otorcycle-Rims
Ryman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #17555
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,805
Quote:
warp9man

Search inmates
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #17556
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,971
Quote:
x2 or x3 on Warp9 and Warp9Man....if you call the business, ask for Kevin....

http://www.warp9racing.com/contact.html

BTW, after my nutz healed, I went for a ride Sunday......the gates are opening but I'm not sure about some of the higher country....I did see a whole lotta squids while I was out.....but not on the dirt......

When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #17557
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Walrus View Post
x2 or x3 on Warp9 and Warp9Man....if you call the business, ask for Kevin....

http://www.warp9racing.com/contact.html

BTW, after my nutz healed, I went for a ride Sunday......the gates are opening but I'm not sure about some of the higher country....I did see a whole lotta squids while I was out.....but not on the dirt......

I'm guessing East Canyon.

Kinda far inland to spot any sailors. Or mebbe some other kinda squids?...
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #17558
harcus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentedvw View Post

Warp 9 is relacing front rims onto both my & Trailtwister's BADBs this week. Their price is VERY reasonable for the work involved.

Call'em!

Current rides - '14 KTM 1190 R Adv <2k, '07 990Adv 39k, '12 500EXC 7k, '09 GasGas 300 Raga
harcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:48 PM   #17559
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,771
XR oil farkles!

Check out what i found in my BRP oil tonight!

nice oil farkle heh?

bike runs great. I'm thinking that it's to hold the piston pin in place. looks about like that part. did the rings fall of 2010 and the bike doesn't burn oil, so i don't think the piston pin has slid out of place to eat the cylinder.

when the new rings went in it was not I that place the piston pin holder ring, but rather ninja mechanics so it may be something else, but that's the only part that comes to mind having done xr top ends only three times.

thotz? I'm thinking the big trip next weekend might be better to do on the xr400 (for sale, in theory) since i don't have an evening to tear the BRP down by then. The 650 runs like a champ, so i'd hate to leave it. Would the pin slip and eat the cylinder? Anyone have time to rebuild it before the weekend trading for organic farm eggs and the opportunity to walk my gorgeous german shephard???

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #17560
Trailtwister
To the peak!

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by harcus View Post
Warp 9 is relacing front rims onto both my & Trailtwister's BADBs this week. Their price is VERY reasonable for the work involved.

Call'em!
Yep, the old crookedy rim is ready to have her laces undone.
Trailtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #17561
GISkev
wwfsmd?

Oddometer: 1,771
borrow a bike hauler hitch

Anyone have a bike hauler hitch i can borrow for fresh eggs? I'd need it for next weekend... 2" receiver i think.

--GoProHero Helmet Cam!--http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...y=utahkev&aq=f
5 deserts:http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...3#post15462553
KTM 520 (plated), Wee-Strom (commuter bike)
GISkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:38 PM   #17562
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post

nice oil farkle heh?

bike runs great. I'm thinking that it's to hold the piston pin in place. looks about like that part. did the rings fall of 2010 and the bike doesn't burn oil, so i don't think the piston pin has slid out of place to eat the cylinder.

when the new rings went in it was not I that place the piston pin holder ring, but rather ninja mechanics so it may be something else, but that's the only part that comes to mind having done xr top ends only three times.

thotz? I'm thinking the big trip next weekend might be better to do on the xr400 (for sale, in theory) since i don't have an evening to tear the BRP down by then. The 650 runs like a champ, so i'd hate to leave it. Would the pin slip and eat the cylinder? Anyone have time to rebuild it before the weekend trading for organic farm eggs and the opportunity to walk my gorgeous german shephard???
Bummer dude. I wouldn't ride it till you find where it goes. What day are you done with your day job?? I can probably leave whenever and bomb it south. Yo. I better throw on the mondo tank for some mondo moto action.

BTW I'm using Utards to work out these details so some other bitches will get jealous and decide to come along. Can I still say bitches on Utards??? Anyway.........don't be a bitch........ride with Kev and Ry or you will be banned.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #17563
pluric
Gimpy Adventurer

Oddometer: 16,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by GISkev View Post

nice oil farkle heh?

Certainly looks like a piston circlip. How would it get down the cylinder wall?
pluric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 PM   #17564
Ryman
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluric View Post
Certainly looks like a piston circlip. How would it get down the cylinder wall?
Good point. Maybe it's the old one and got dropped during surgery and just finally found the magnet.

Wait........wouldn't it just drop????
Old 04-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #17565
RetrogradE
Banned

Oddometer: 1,226
Quote:
Good point. Maybe it's the old one and got dropped during surgery and just finally found the magnet.
Like Kramer's Jr Mint...
RetrogradE is offline   Reply With Quote