Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #346
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 44,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Alexander View Post
$34 is a 'small' fee .... no booze, no food, no camping, no gas ........ ??

I figured a 5 spot was small

If you want one of my cheques be prepared to play basektball with it ... it'lll bounce like Flubber
Think about how much it cost you to gas up your car last week.

$34 ain't much. Hell, that don't even fill up my bike. Been hitting fifty bucks with that thing.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:09 PM   #347
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,191
Pre riding tomorrow

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #348
Astatine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post

$34 ain't much. Hell, that don't even fill up my bike. Been hitting fifty bucks with that thing.
My wife fills up her scooter for $2. I left her a toonie in her under-seat box in case she doesn't have her wallet.
Astatine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:14 PM   #349
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly99 View Post
Pre riding tomorrow
Old 04-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #350
Dan Alexander
Ride Far - Ride Fast

Oddometer: 6,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drif10 View Post

I'm just pulling Ted's leg is all .... no harm intended

$50 ... ouch!

Worst I had was with the KTM with the Safari tank out in Labrador two years ago. Hit $39, good thing I sold it for the Dakar's 60mpg
Old 04-30-2012, 04:01 PM   #351
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
I for one have no problem giving $34 to help bring in a Dakar celeb....and even help buy a few logs for the fire. I'm signed up and paid up and glad for the chance.

And I'm also grateful to those who have donated their time and energy to organize this.

What I don't understand is why, if someone has a beef about any of this, they don't use the pm to express their thoughts.

And on that note.....
Hey Ronzo..... check your pm's!
Old 04-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #352
Canuman
Crusty & Unobliging

Oddometer: 4,322
What's this crap? Neduro can probably give $34 in advice before saying "hello." Beyond that, there are hundreds of hours involved in route planning, telephone time, and the rest. Eleven and a quarter a day will buy a hamburger and a soda at a diner. The GravelTravel crew has put together a class event. I've never paid a penny on their site, but have gleaned a mass of valuable information from it.

Flying to Chile and seeing the Dakar is a whole lot more expensive than this. The sole North American finisher of that race will be in our company. I'm bringing my son's riding pants and a Sharpie in hopes Ned can find the time to sign them. That'll be worth the price there.

If you want to ride for free, there are plenty of places to go. PM me, I'll send you some routes. They will all go through -- as do the Canadian ones.

Dual Sport Luggage Racks for: DRZ-S, SM and E, DR 650 and KLR650: http://www.moto-racks.com
Canuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #353
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 1,898
well,,,, that went well...
shipwrek12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #354
adiablolex
Lost again

Oddometer: 3,620
seriously man how's this a paid ride? The money is donated to bring Ned in so he can share his Dakar experience with us mortals- this was already agreed amongst all that paid.

As far as Ted getting rich and famous over this deal..............really dood, give your head a shake

...speaking of which I'm gonna make my donation soon, I think I'm the only one on the list that hasn't paid yet
Old 04-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #355
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 16,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post

Ted - you make Donald Trump look like an ameteur.... This is a special community with very specfic rules for the kind of crap you've been doing for years now - if you want to promote your website (oh,you must register first...), sell $18 coffee mugs, or promote your book, or any of your other "Ted Inc" activities, fine last time I looked there was plenty of space in vendors, as you so nicely pointed out previously.
I don't have a dog in this fight, but that was more or less my take on it, too.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #356
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 821
Wink glad to help out

Well I have never met Ted but on a few ocations we have exchanged emails. From what I can gather he is a stand up guy and I have paid for the honor of riding the roaming rally and seeing Ned. I have also paid in advance for the book and I can't even read to good ( bought it for the pics)I have helped out in other ways as much as I could, Why you ask? well because of the TCAT and the fawk ton of hours, money, blood, sweat and tears that must have gone into this. The best part.... for FREE. Now I know that there is another trail in the USA that you have to buy maps for and it is a no no to give them away for free via internet.

SO tho the people who helped put this together (RR, TCAT) thanks for your time and anything I can do to help please ask

PS first $34 case of beer is on me ( hope there are less the 23 people who helped)

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:03 PM   #357
gsstampeder
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,003
Steponit, you raise a very valid point....how are we getting beer to the campsites? Has this been covered? I know carrying a two-four on the back of my bike ain't gonna be easy - especially if 23 of them are already spoken for.

I'm gonna need some help!

Old 05-01-2012, 02:47 AM   #358
Deadly99 OP
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,191
Beer..a buddy is driving my truck and there should be a couple of other trucks driving from camp site to camp site (spouses of a couple of riders). One of the kind folks will likely be taking orders for pints. Last year it was a cash only don't ask for change..aka no iou's. First night your on your own....duct tape works

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:59 AM   #359
StepOnIt
Assitoner

Oddometer: 821
Laugh beer

YA my girlfriend is coming and has a minivan and trailer so I am sure I could fit a few cases in there even if I have to leave the kids at the side of the road. Beer makes babies and there is always more beer.
And just maybe a keg is the way to go.... but... how can I ask for money to pay for it without getting in trouble . Don't want to start a business in the wrong thread.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." Dean Martin
StepOnIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #360
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzo View Post
degenerated way beyond the point of no return, . I hope you all have a great ride.

Which is unfortunate coming from two pillars of the riding community... this statement is not for discussion...pls

shipwrek12001 screwed with this post 05-01-2012 at 11:26 AM
shipwrek12001 is offline   Reply With Quote