Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 09:02 AM   #31
Hochtouren OP
Improve until broken

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluff34567 View Post
any chance you or anyone else could get a photo side on of where the bar goes into the riser and your front brake line?

looks like there is a large gap between the bar and the riser...

my risers arrived but have some issues - label on the front says 2" rise with a 1.75 clamp and 1 1/8 bar dia.
label on rear says 1.75" rise and 1 1/8 clamp and bar

a quick test fit and the clamp of the riser is a perfect for the bars BUT the radius in the riser is no where near so only 2 points of contact onto the bar = crap.

Looks like i really have a 1 3/4 rise with a 1 1/8 stem and a 7/8 radius with a 1 1/8 top clamp
would be interested to see what others also have.

thanks for help

Hmmm... interesting. will have a look and fire off a few pics for you to show the clearance. I've been riding the hell out of them with no slippage/movement and bars were stock, so good feedback so far.
Hochtouren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #32
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,773
Quote:
any chance you or anyone else could get a photo side on of where the bar goes into the riser and your front brake line?
Never noticed this

inside looks better

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #33
BroodRooster
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:

looks like there is a large gap between the bar and the riser...

my risers arrived but have some issues - label on the front says 2" rise with a 1.75 clamp and 1 1/8 bar dia.
label on rear says 1.75" rise and 1 1/8 clamp and bar

a quick test fit and the clamp of the riser is a perfect for the bars BUT the radius in the riser is no where near so only 2 points of contact onto the bar = crap.

Looks like i really have a 1 3/4 rise with a 1 1/8 stem and a 7/8 radius with a 1 1/8 top clamp
would be interested to see what others also have.

thanks for help

Looks like you got the wrong risers:

BroodRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #34
zeropoint
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Fluff...where did you get these from? Two Wheel Trekkers/Adventure Bike Shop in the UK? I've just received the same and measuring them up in the pack, looks like I might have the same issue as you.
Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM   #35
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeropoint View Post
Fluff...where did you get these from? Two Wheel Trekkers/Adventure Bike Shop in the UK? I've just received the same and measuring them up in the pack, looks like I might have the same issue as you.

no i got them from the USA, was hell of a lot cheaper.

Dont take them out the pack yet, Im going to take the risers off now and measure them and report back.

I found another posting with exactly the same problem

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520366 rox risers dont fit.
fluff34567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #36
zeropoint
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
Ok. Cool...thanks man.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #37
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

ok I found the issue.

These risers will never provide a perfect fit on my stock 2011 KTM 990 ADV bars as they clamp the bars in the tapered area.

The standard KTM clamps are at the outer limits of the constant cross section of the bar and so work perfectly.

bar placement needs to be 100% in the middle then the results would look like the photo from moto-treks ( thankyou for the pic BTW! ) even a few mm offset will result in a rapid gap on the riser.

With Rox risers due to the design they clamp further out and also because the standard clamps have a small flange on the outside, this pushes the risers even further away from the constant cross section.

If this flange was not there then it looks like there will still be a very small gap when viewed from the outside with rox.

The radius of the rox risers is correct however and fits perfectly when placed on the central constant cross section.

These are 1 3/4" risers which for the standard front brake line i think are far too tall, creating a very sharp radius at the banjo even with the cylinder moved inboard about 15mm. You must also flip the throttle cable to the bottom of the grip, even then its still a bit tight.

If you want to piss around taking the RH tank off and moving the brake line and uncliping cable holders then fair enough, but i am not.

Im going to get normal 28mm block risers instead.

fluff34567 screwed with this post 05-01-2012 at 03:29 PM
Old 05-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #38
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

i had an email from Rox.. they are aware of this issue and it is down to the KTM bars - they say its fine and safe though.

if anyone in europe wants a brand new set or risers send me a PM - ill make you a good price!
Old 12-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #39
Brown Town
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 195
Dead horse + stick = Fluff, how does yours differ from moto-treks? Am I missing something? They look like the same set-up.

I just ordered a set for my '13 990 Baja and will see if it's still an issue.
Old 12-15-2013, 01:35 AM   #40
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,783
I believe the rox risers could be installed at the inner side of the OEM clamps. This would attach to the handlebar at the straight cross section. That may need some filling, but would make ROX risers operational.
Cheers
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #41
akarob
Green Cantern

Oddometer: 7,518
I'm not a fan of Rox risers at all. Basically, you can get the same rise, a better (OEM) connection to the triple clamp, for less, using ProTaper Raptor bars. No new cables needed and a HUGE improvement in standing comfort.

akarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #42
fluff34567
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
I believe the rox risers could be installed at the inner side of the OEM clamps. This would attach to the handlebar at the straight cross section. That may need some filling, but would make ROX risers operational.
Cheers
They cant be installed there unless the lower section of the rox clamp is milled or cut off, would rather look for a solution that works out the box.

Brown town... only difference I noticed is that the riser appears to be further inboard.

Maybe moto treks can confirm if his std clamp has a flange or not. No flange on oem clamp and should be ok, still a small gap visible but better than before.

I dont have the email from rox anymore but they said they know of this issue on ktm bars and its the same on different rox risers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

fluff34567 screwed with this post 12-22-2013 at 08:08 AM
Old 12-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #43
BigTony
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Hey those Raptors look pretty sweet. I was looking at the measurements and they seem to have a decent amount of sweep to them. How do you find that to be?

I'm thinking I might try these even though I've already got risers on there

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarob View Post
I'm not a fan of Rox risers at all. Basically, you can get the same rise, a better (OEM) connection to the triple clamp, for less, using ProTaper Raptor bars. No new cables needed and a HUGE improvement in standing comfort.

BigTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #44
Qwik
Adrenaline Addict

Oddometer: 6,294
1,3/4 Rox on mine and with the throttle flipped down I have plenty of cable. AKARob, Im a big guy and yank the bars pretty hard off roading and they have never moved. Just curious why you don't like em.
T
Old 03-15-2014, 12:12 PM   #45
satrider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hochtouren View Post
Right you are - have a bracket front coming from KTM Twins.
Can someone post a link to the bracket, please?
satrider is offline   Reply With Quote