Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #16
IndyChizzle
Spending more on gas

Oddometer: 726
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebaduce View Post
Ironically I think the last post I have put up on ADV was the same senseless type of tragedy. Riders struck from behind.

http://www.nj.com/independentpress/i...l_with_lo.html

I fondly recall Chuck calling me into the garage like a little kid showing me his new 100th anniversary Ultra that he had traded in his super glide for. He hid the upgrade from his wife. lol He had this awesome playful kiddish quality to him. He was the kind of guy you just instantly liked. For all she knew it was the same bike under the tarp in the corner.

I have no words for this loss and I pry that his wife Linda can find the strength to make it through this senseless senseless loss. RIP Chuck
Thank you for posting. I am on a trip far way from home right now, and this gives me the somber reminder to stay vigilant.
IndyChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 AM   #17
Go Irish75
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Cry Sad

Very sad indeed. A sobering reminder of how every time any of us leave the driveway on 2 wheels it's truly an ADV ride.
R.I.P. Chuck.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #18
Alton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #19
gsweave
Yinz, blinkers are on.

Oddometer: 11,168
RIP Charles.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #20
Black7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
When I was in college I worked the parts counter for a Honda dealer. In those 2 years we had over a dozen customers or employees seriously injured or killed on motorcycles. Chances are excellent all of us will know at least one person in our lifetime that is killed on a motorcycle. Understand the risks and be as prepared as you can be. Sounds grim, but I have all the insurance and death\health related legal paperwork ready "just in case". Some days, I'll admit, the reality hits me pretty hard having lost a co-worker/good friend to a motorcycle/drunk driver accident, and I make a point to never ride when I feel like that.

Prayers for the family and friends left behind.
Black7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #21
Hollyr
Vesterislendingur

Oddometer: 648
Sorry for your loss. I was rearended at a stop light on Friday in PA. No damage just tapped me enough that I fell over. I had been watching my mirrors and thought the guy behind had stopped so looked away. He decided to pull up more even though I was behind an 18-wheeler so we weren't going anywhere fast when the light changed. Old guy, I think he just didn't have a clue where the front of his truck was. He really wasn't coping well with the situation--I thought he might start crying. Probably the kids had been trying to convince him to stop driving and he was just beginning to realize that they might be right.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #22
SDshakes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Sorry for your loss man. I hope the others come out of it ok.

'88 Honda Hawk GT.
SDshakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:55 PM   #23
wjpjump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 412
RIP. condolences to friends and family
wjpjump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #24
DiamondLie
Banned

Oddometer: 464
RIP. Sorry for your loss.
DiamondLie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:15 PM   #25
PT Rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
The reason that the penalties are so "low" for negligent homicide is that it is not an intentional act of harm.

And do you really think the a person reading a newspaper article about someone else killing someone else, neither of whom they know, will have their behavior impacted one iota?

As for posters who think the rider may have been able to avoid this somehow: You don't ALWAYS have an out and sometimes a chain of events collapses around you. None of us were there or know all of the facts so it's impossible to judge whether or not the rider could have prevented this.

All we know for sure is that a good person was taken out and that his family and friends are suffering. Peace to all of them.
I do. 10 to 15 years in prison will get people talking. I also think that the first drunk driving conviction should be a month in jail, with a year for the second or the first if there were injuries. the drunks would keep drinking, but they'd taxi home.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
middleview
gizmo

Oddometer: 51
Sorry for the loss of your friend. Thoughts and prayers go to you and the family.
middleview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 01:34 AM   #27
Nightrunner
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,120
Godspeed Chuck.

Some places remain unknown because no one has ever ventured forth. Others remain so because no one has ever come back.
Nightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote