Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Hacks
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 PM   #31
Leaf
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 398
As of yet, I've not found any armored pants that come anywhere near fitting. I'm not a heavy person at all, and not abnormally tall or short. But if I find a pair that are loose enough around the waist to pull on over my normal pants, the legs are always way too long and the knee armor is way too low.

One of these days, I'm going to get some cheap MX protectors and pop-rivet 'em to my coverall with washers on the back.... Then I can just pull the whole thing on and off without fiddling with all the little pieces.....
Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:33 AM   #32
Bobmws
Curmudgeon At Large

Oddometer: 1,049
Quote:
Originally Posted by asrvivor View Post
It seems the one common denominator here is the pants. I still have not had my Ural delivered. I am gathering though that the sliding around on the seat needs to be done in a slippery type fashion. It seems a lot of you wear jeans. So I ordered some of the slight pad type jeans Alpinestars Logic Kevlar Denim Pants. Has anyone had any experience with these being ok to do the arse slide on the seat. They seem to have minimal protection, but still add some road rash protection. I think this is the only change I will make to the gear line up. My Aerostitch riding pants are huge and I feel the may be too cumbersome on the seat and between the bike and car. The pads on my current pants are 8 in. wide.
I wear 'Stich Darien Cordura pants and have no trouble moving on a leather Corbin. I guess I've been doing that so long I lift a bit rather than just slide. Out of habit I do the same if I am wearing jeans.
www.earplugco.com
Bobmws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:17 PM   #33
Usk Coastie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 88
Leif check out JTS Biker of UK. I just got a set of their gear for my Fat A##. Their pants come in 3 - 4 lengths depending on style. Be aware that if you purchase from them you'll get an additional Customs Duty tacked on that is not displayed on the check out page. You'll be called by the freight forwarder for payment of duties. That said order to reciept was three weeks to west coast US.
Usk Coastie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #34
Sidecardoug
Pleasantly pleasing

Oddometer: 1,795
I dress the same for threes as two wheels
Old 05-06-2012, 02:11 PM   #35
Billtr96sn
Flange Furtler

Oddometer: 393
I am sorry to go against the flow, but if you take ATGATT too far then you will start to wear full armour when you are walking on the pavement!

If you are constantly worried about coming off r being hit then you wont enjoy your ride.
Stop worrying and enjoy.
Billtr96sn is offline   Reply With Quote