ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #946
Zaboo65
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_004 View Post
Hi all,

I'm leading a ride on the southern section of the TWAT this Sunday. So far, we have a small crew of about 3-5 folks with a few more potentials.
Hey Blade, Sounds like fun, wish I could make it! I have a KLR also but can't get away this weekend. Let me know if you organize another one, I'd like to ride with.
Zaboo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #947
snowjob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Leaf River

At least a 50% chance I will head down to Leaf River this weekend (weather permitting). I could probably squeeze one or two more into the back of the truck if anyone is interested. Between some in TN and others doing the TWAT, I am not sure who else is planning on going to Leaf River. It was one hell of a ride in the fall though. Tourbus described it as 30 miles of Bucky Dual Sport hero section .
snowjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:12 PM   #948
LoJack
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,351
charity scavenger hunt ride June 23rd

Hey, I'm doing a charity scavenger hunt ride for Occupaws on the 23rd of June. I did this last year with my girlfriend who now is raising one of their dogs. It was a lot of fun and came away with some nice raffle prizes. It would be rad for ADV Central to represent.

I started a thread to spread the word:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=785072

Lojack
LoJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #949
little john
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
Hey all, here is a possiable M&G , not quite the normal type , but I'm throwing it out there,, just because. Long ago before I started doing what I currently do for a living - We (Sue and I ) owned a bakery and I also worked as a chef, cooking is something I still really enjoy doing and feel I still do well. The Hydro Street Brewery in Columbus has offered to let me play guest chef for a night on May 21 to do a 4 course meal as a spin off fund raiser for the Ride 4 Research. For $30. you will get soup, salad, entree, vegetable, and dessert. We also have someone (Lars Forde himself) from Yahara Bay Distillery coming out to do product showing and we are working on music as well. Hydro Street Brewery serves food that is localy grown and produced , and I will be useing their vendors for this meal as well. All dinners will need to be be presold, so if you are interested please give me a yell. thanks lj
little john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #950
sideshow
debaser

Oddometer: 2,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by little john View Post
Hey all, here is a possiable M&G , not quite the normal type , but I'm throwing it out there,, just because. Long ago before I started doing what I currently do for a living - We (Sue and I ) owned a bakery and I also worked as a chef, cooking is something I still really enjoy doing and feel I still do well. The Hydro Street Brewery in Columbus has offered to let me play guest chef for a night on May 21 to do a 4 course meal as a spin off fund raiser for the Ride 4 Research. For $30. you will get soup, salad, entree, vegetable, and dessert. We also have someone (Lars Forde himself) from Yahara Bay Distillery coming out to do product showing and we are working on music as well. Hydro Street Brewery serves food that is localy grown and produced , and I will be useing their vendors for this meal as well. All dinners will need to be be presold, so if you are interested please give me a yell. thanks lj
Suh-weet! Sounds tasty, John! Checked out the Yahara a couple months ago. Good way to spend a Thursday night!

FWIW, I'll be down at Old Sugar tomorrow night if anyone's interested in a short-notice M-n-G.
sideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:28 PM   #951
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,587
Yanno, this sounds strangely like a Wabeno work weekend.

Quote:
papalobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #952
snowjob
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post
Suh-weet! Sounds tasty, John! Checked out the Yahara a couple months ago. Good way to spend a Thursday night!

FWIW, I'll be down at Old Sugar tomorrow night if anyone's interested in a short-notice M-n-G.
Sideshow! What did you do, head south for the winter? Can't make Sugar tomorrow, but there is a VCDC weekly invite at Talula every Thursday night. They are also having something at the Koi Lounge later in May. Have fun sipping back some whiskey.
snowjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:47 PM   #953
madwrench
Engulfed

Oddometer: 1,115
Quote:
MONDAY MAY 21st -- so, we choke down your swill all weekend up in Wabeno and then we're expected to do it again on Monday?
Well, OK...if I have to. I mean, it IS for the cancer center.

I AM IN FOR 4!

madwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #954
little john
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Yanno, this sounds strangely like a Wabeno work weekend.
I promise I will not expect anyone to carry a weed wacker and throw brush for 10 hrs before I agree to feed them! THIS TIME!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:13 AM   #955
little john
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshow View Post

ya but I'm doing this on a Monday night,, hope it still sounds as sweet and tasty!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #956
Savoir-Faire