ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Equipment
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #1981
ktm950se
Banned
 
ktm950se's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Maine
Oddometer: 1,385
Congrats!

I'll be picking my suit up soon!

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #1982
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Pine Sol's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: in transit, without a destination...
Oddometer: 443
Adventure Rally Pants, 40 Tall....


to whom ever has a pair out there, how roomy is the upper thigh? my main concern is that my thighs seem to fit a little bit on the tight side in my levi's. i have been in contact with Klim, and they can only tell me measurements. so im looking for someone who actually has a pair. i havent been able to find a place (or someone) that i can try them on, before i buy.
is there much thigh difference between a 38 tall and a 40 tall? i have been told by klim, that for an extra us$100, they will add 6 inches to the bottom, so i want to make sure that they will fit me. before i dive in....

Adventure Rally Jacket 2XL

again, to someone there that has one, my main concerns are chest size and sleeve length. for the sleeves, from that bone in your shoulder, matched to the top of the sleeve, how long is it? and or, from the inside top of your armpit, to your wrist, how long is the sleeve? for the chest, im not large, just tall with long arms, im concerned that the chest size is cut for, um, a.... fatter guy. please say that it is not so....


thank you very much. in about 4 weeks, i will be flying back to north america, to pick up my xchallenge, and i hope to have my suite ready and waiting for me.....


oh, one last question... color?
i am hoping to get grey jacket and grey pants, im thinking that even thou it might attract/ show up more dirt, it will be cooler on hot days when your out in the desert and playing in the sand.

any thoughts?


edward
Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #1983
Brtp4
Yea, its a friggin L
 
Brtp4's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Bend, OR
Oddometer: 1,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine Sol View Post
Adventure Rally Pants, 40 Tall....


to whom ever has a pair out there, how roomy is the upper thigh? my main concern is that my thighs seem to fit a little bit on the tight side in my levi's. i have been in contact with Klim, and they can only tell me measurements. so im looking for someone who actually has a pair. i havent been able to find a place (or someone) that i can try them on, before i buy.
is there much thigh difference between a 38 tall and a 40 tall? i have been told by klim, that for an extra us$100, they will add 6 inches to the bottom, so i want to make sure that they will fit me. before i dive in....

Adventure Rally Jacket 2XL

again, to someone there that has one, my main concerns are chest size and sleeve length. for the sleeves, from that bone in your shoulder, matched to the top of the sleeve, how long is it? and or, from the inside top of your armpit, to your wrist, how long is the sleeve? for the chest, im not large, just tall with long arms, im concerned that the chest size is cut for, um, a.... fatter guy. please say that it is not so....


thank you very much. in about 4 weeks, i will be flying back to north america, to pick up my xchallenge, and i hope to have my suite ready and waiting for me.....


oh, one last question... color?
i am hoping to get grey jacket and grey pants, im thinking that even thou it might attract/ show up more dirt, it will be cooler on hot days when your out in the desert and playing in the sand.

any thoughts?


edward
Edward, what is your height, weight, chest spec?

BP
__________________
BP

Atomic Moto.com
Bend, OR
Brtp4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:48 PM   #1984
bdezz
CuriousDezz
 
bdezz's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Kelowna, BeeCee
Oddometer: 343
Great Service

I had the warranty issue with my suit (bought last year): fuzzing up on the fabric. Sami (and Mark) from Klim central got everything set up for replacement about as promptly as possible. That is, once I decided that, no, I didn't want the Badlands Pro (I mulled it over for a day) but wanted to stay with the suit (that was a Monday), I had it at the door by Friday noon. Wow! Not only great service, but speedy and friendly. That was about a month ago.

I emailed back today to inquire about the hard, "plastic" armour pads in the elbows, knees and hips. I was informed that there was a bad batch of D3O in some of the gear and that I would get a replacement, but to please go thru the Canadian distributor (Rick @ DCI in Alberta). About 10 minutes later I got an email from Rick to call him about the replacements! Did so, and got the same, friendly, prompt service as the mothership. It's packed up now and ready to ship. Can't say enough about the service and treatment from Klim on both sides of the 49th!

As for Adv suit, or Badlands Pro, or what-have-you-cuz-it's-cheaper, I can only say that this is the best gear I've ever had. My list of tried over the years: Spidi Ergo H2Out, R2P (jkt killed by road because of a deer; still have pants) and R3P jkt (briefly—sold to an inmate in BC), AGV leather, no-name leather (with the first bike years ago), a no-name jkt wannabe, and (still have) a Canadian Motorcycle Clothing leather jkt (my winter wear off bike). Wife has Olympia and Feldsheer as does the daughter. The Adv suit is in a whole other league. Great fit and comfort. I'm a medium build (5-9, 160, lean) and the jkt fits like a glove. Pants (32) can pull over my regular pants (31, for work). I like the feel, fit and extra attention to details on the Adv suit, plus the GoreTex. No stopping to put on the liner when it rains (R2P or R3P, etc.)...just continue on...smiling You want good gear? There's lots out there and I've mentioned some. Want great gear? Adv suit. If the cost blows you away...there's lots of good gear out there...
__________________
2007 R1200GS Adv
2002 R1150GS Adv (gone)
1975 R90S Daytona Orange (gone)
1972 R75/5 Toaster Tank (gone)
1971 R75/5 (gone)
1987 K100LT (gone)
bdezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #1985
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Seattle
Oddometer: 333
After 15k miles of very hard use, my gen 1 suit got broken by a trail side piss that did my zipper in. The group of "buddies" was getting away so I shook but did not get the zipper all the way to the top before the daily off. With the zipper not all the way to the top the stress tore the zipper teeth on one side.

Called Klim and sent it to them. I have the pants back with a the new style zipper installed in just over a week. I am thinking Klim is really going to live up to that lifetime warranty. I have had "lifetime" warranties that were not worth the hassle to hold the company to but I think this is going happen with Klim.
__________________
2008 Yamaha WR250R
2011 Husaberg FE570S
1992 R100GS
chief_lee_visceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:29 PM   #1986
dakardood
Gnarly Adventurer
 
dakardood's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2011
Oddometer: 373
Another Great Warranty Story..

I got my gen 1 Klim Adventure Suit when they came out in the UK back in April 2010.

Loved it to bits - didn't do any offroading in it but did some great trips into Spain and North Africa in it and it was spot on.

Over time, it developed a few issues - the "fuzzing" on the sleeves and collar and a Lock-Out jammed on the back of the jacket and one broke in half (the metal backing) on the trousers. The trousers also leaked in the crotch area.

Eventually, after putting up with it, I contacted Adventure Spec here in the UK. Had a good chat with Dave there and was told to send it back, a warranty job would start with Klim.

Back went the jacket and pants.

Then, after what seemed like no time at all, a brand new jacket arrived - a later generation one, too!

..followed about 10 days later by my trousers, repaired!

What can I say, the guys at Adventure Spec. were brilliant over this and Klim were equally excellent.

Thanks all!
__________________
BMW R1200 GSA
KTM 525EXC Six Days Racing
kTM 690 Enduro R Rally
dakardood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #1987
moggi1964
Tiger Keeper
 
moggi1964's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Madison, NJ
Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardood View Post
I got my gen 1 Klim Adventure Suit when they came out in the UK back in April 2010.

Loved it to bits - didn't do any offroading in it but did some great trips into Spain and North Africa in it and it was spot on.

Over time, it developed a few issues - the "fuzzing" on the sleeves and collar and a Lock-Out jammed on the back of the jacket and one broke in half (the metal backing) on the trousers. The trousers also leaked in the crotch area.

Eventually, after putting up with it, I contacted Adventure Spec here in the UK. Had a good chat with Dave there and was told to send it back, a warranty job would start with Klim.

Back went the jacket and pants.

Then, after what seemed like no time at all, a brand new jacket arrived - a later generation one, too!

..followed about 10 days later by my trousers, repaired!

What can I say, the guys at Adventure Spec. were brilliant over this and Klim were equally excellent.

Thanks all!
Customer service of the highest quality
__________________
Moggi1964

Triumph Explorer
moggi1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #1988
Pine Sol
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Pine Sol's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: in transit, without a destination...
Oddometer: 443
i bite the bullet and ordered a grey Adventure Rally jacket, and all Klim had (in my size) was Badlands Pro grey pants, went for the tall +6 inch extension... fingers crossed that it will be long enough, will find out next week.....
Pine Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #1989
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?
 
F650Dakar_Norway's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Norway, Scandinavia
Oddometer: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakardood View Post
I got my gen 1 Klim Adventure Suit when they came out in the UK back in April 2010.

Loved it to bits - didn't do any offroading in it but did some great trips into Spain and North Africa in it and it was spot on.

Over time, it developed a few issues - the "fuzzing" on the sleeves and collar and a Lock-Out jammed on the back of the jacket and one broke in half (the metal backing) on the trousers. The trousers also leaked in the crotch area.

Eventually, after putting up with it, I contacted Adventure Spec here in the UK. Had a good chat with Dave there and was told to send it back, a warranty job would start with Klim.

Back went the jacket and pants.

Then, after what seemed like no time at all, a brand new jacket arrived - a later generation one, too!

..followed about 10 days later by my trousers, repaired!

What can I say, the guys at Adventure Spec. were brilliant over this and Klim were equally excellent.

Thanks all!
Where's the "Like"-button? Ops. Wrong forum
Epic service quality on a great product.
__________________
Norway
Current stable:
2010 BMW F800GS
2008 KTM 690 RR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #1990
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?
 
F650Dakar_Norway's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Norway, Scandinavia
Oddometer: 948
Got my Gen 1 Klim Adventure Suit delivered by DHL Express from Adventure-Spec UK in June 2010. After drooling over this thread and its implications for my personal riding profile and weather-proofing requirements - that was the perfect product at that time period. A nobrainer I've never regretted a second afterwards. Immediately liked it and have many challenging bad-weather rides accounting for its raw versatility and excellent functions.

Over time, it developed a few issues - the "fuzzing" on the sleeves and collar like some others have reported. A Lock-Out puller broke off already in september 2010. No biggie, I thought - and simply replaced it with a metal ring from my toolbox. The trousers started leaking in the crotch area last fall, and this leakage increased this spring - indicating fabric Gore-tex failure. Never had a spill or drama, so this could not be caused by membrane puncture. Fabric looked perfectly intact, so this had other causes - most likely seat-abrasion issues - which by all accounts should be factored into the design. Another GoreLock puller broke off some weeks ago, and the other ones showed visible metal fatigue ( Gen 1 Gore-Locks ).

I do 30-35 000km per allroad/all-weather season on different bikes, 80-90% tarmac and 10-20% gravel/dirt roads. No real offroading outside already established dirt/forest roads, since that is explicitely outlawed here in Norway.

I also don't compete and consider myself a graveltourer, not a sport-rider per se. Dual-sporting is a term I approach in a gravel-touring state of mind and ditto riding style.

Chucked an email to retailer www.adventure-spec.com in UK with a warranty claim, describing above issues and enclosed pictures of said warranty hotspots on the suit. After about 8 weeks of email exchanges Klim USA offered a new suit on warranty, which arrived today after some debate with Norwegian Customs - who had been waiting for response from transporter FedEx Norway for nearly 2 weeks. I sent the friendly Customs lady a copy of the mail traffic with adv.spec UK and she promptly released the package after having tracked down the original DHL customs case from 2010 - proving this was indeed a warranty item not subject to any funding from my side. She also noted that FedEx had been denied the privilege to do customs and deliver to recipient directly since they ( in contrast to DHL... ) often did not respond to the official Customs correspondence in due time.

One can only guess the duration of this process unless I had intervened and decided to ride to FedEx Norway and get the package today myself.
I rode that new 2012 Adv. Rally Suit straight from the cardboard box at FedEx in torrential rain from Skedsmo to Hoenefoss - a 1,5 hour ride with an enroute stop to shop for a new tent - and it took that moisture-laden challenge without a drop in ze pants or ze rider's body.

Well, all this FedEx vs. Customs debacle is not the fault or responsibility of Klim USA or Adventure-Spec UK, but show how some... ahum... "transportation executor glitches" can affect international warranty cases.

I'm deeply impressed with Klim warranty followup and also kudos to www.adventure-spec.com for stellar followup. It took a couple of months, but that is the nature of international communication.

I have absolutely no issues or doubts recommending this product.
Klim customer followup is the best I've experienced in my 34 years of motorcycling.

Thanks for an excellent product and epic customer service. I'm proud to own these Klim products and will continue to flog'em in all weather conditions as usual.

That's confidence in this product for ya. I operate in the Scandinavian temperature and weather zone, do a 3-season motorcycle season in all wx-conditions and simply cannot recommend this suit enough for that user profile. For allroad/all-wx touring purposes this is my all-time favourite so far.
__________________
Norway
Current stable:
2010 BMW F800GS
2008 KTM 690 RR
1994 Honda ST1100

F650Dakar_Norway screwed with this post 06-18-2012 at 05:20 PM
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #1991
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?
 
F650Dakar_Norway's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Norway, Scandinavia
Oddometer: 948
For the record - the MacBook Air 11 incher fits perfectly into the big rear Camelbak pocket. I bought that Apple gizmo just for that practical reason. Now I just need to find a sleek waterproof sleeve for it. I believe I just got the perfect ADV-rider travel computer for my specific needs.

OK, I´m a geek
__________________
Norway
Current stable:
2010 BMW F800GS
2008 KTM 690 RR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:05 PM   #1992
NWBoarder
Whitmeister
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Pacific NW
Oddometer: 1,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by F650Dakar_Norway View Post
For the record - the MacBook Air 11 incher fits perfectly into the big rear Camelbak pocket. I bought that Apple gizmo just for that practical reason. Now I just need to find a sleek waterproof sleeve for it. I believe I just got the perfect ADV-rider travel computer for my specific needs.

OK, I´m a geek
Hope you never have to use it as crash protection.
__________________
Turns out I like the rain, easier to Spin, Skid and Slide.
Log Riding 101
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #1993
F650Dakar_Norway
What off-season?
 
F650Dakar_Norway's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Norway, Scandinavia
Oddometer: 948
Nah. The inbuilt memory foam backplate and my Dainese pressure suit takes care of that ;-)
__________________
Norway
Current stable:
2010 BMW F800GS
2008 KTM 690 RR
1994 Honda ST1100
F650Dakar_Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #1994
Pcfly
Dude?! Seriously??
 
Pcfly's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: SF. Bay Area
Oddometer: 938
Dumb question time......

Any word on what the improvements will be for 2013 on the ADV Jacket and pants???
__________________
2008 BMW 1200GS The Blue Rhino
2011 Husqvarna TE-630 The Red Raptor
2012 Yamaha 50th Anniversary Badass-Sounding R1
Pcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #1995
Pcfly
Dude?! Seriously??
 
Pcfly's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: SF. Bay Area
Oddometer: 938
Anyone.....
__________________
2008 BMW 1200GS The Blue Rhino
2011 Husqvarna TE-630 The Red Raptor
2012 Yamaha 50th Anniversary Badass-Sounding R1
Pcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014