Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Battle scooters
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,348
Good choice. The Super 8 is a good scooter. Parts are not expensive and easy to get. My Kymco dealer can have most any Kymco part in 3 to 4 days. The warranty is better as well.

It was pointed out that the Super 8 was made in Kymco's China plant...I believe the Aprilia 125 is made in China as well as the Piaggio Fly 150.

I had a Kymco People 150 that was bullet proof and the people S 250 I have now has been problem free.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969

hexnut screwed with this post 05-03-2012 at 06:05 PM
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro39 View Post
Thanks for all the information. I think I have settled on the Kymco. It is simpler in most respects, has a kick start as well as electric, twice the warrenty and 50 ccs more. I guess the Aprilla 125 is not moving as well and that is the reason the price was close to the Kymco.
I became interested in the Super 8 because of the ride reports of Klviator. I have lived in middle Tennessee and western NC, so I was initially drawn to the ride repots for the journeys,but became facinated with machine.

I have been riding since 1959, every thing from a 37 Harley( as seen on Highway Patrol with Brodrick Crawford) to PC800 to a 1200 Sportster (felt like riding a pencil with a rocket). And everything in between. So I don't need power or speed at this point in my life, just something to run around on and an occasional ride in the country side to take pictures of cows and bluebonnets.

Thanks again for the input.

Z39
I don't think you will regret your decision. There are certainly faster, bigger, higher tech, more comfortable, etc scooters out there but.......

I have been riding for well over 30 years & 400K miles. I have owned many bikes and probably ridden around 150-200 different bikes. The Super 8 is one of the most fun to ride bikes I have ridden. Around town and on short trips, it's THE MOST FUN. I enjoy getting on it even if it's the same 5 mile ride to work I do every night.

Make sure to post some pics and let us know how you like your new scooter when you get it.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #18
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,897
Awesome!

Quote:
Thanks for all the information. I think I have settled on the Kymco. It is simpler in most respects, has a kick start as well as electric, twice the warrenty and 50 ccs more. I guess the Aprilla 125 is not moving as well and that is the reason the price was close to the Kymco.
I became interested in the Super 8 because of the ride reports of Klavitor. I have lived in middle Tennessee and western NC, so I was initially drawn to the ride repots for the journeys,but became facinated with machine.

I have been riding since 1959, every thing from a 37 Harley( as seen on Highway Patrol with Brodrick Crawford) to PC800 to a 1200 Sportster (felt like riding a pencil with a rocket). And everything in between. So I don't need power or speed at this point in my life, just something to run around on and an occasional ride in the country side to take pictures of cows and bluebonnets.

Thanks again for the input.

Z39
You'll have a great time on that scooter, and it's certainly not a compromise in quality, or style.

Enjoy it and post up some of thoe pictures you take (whats a Bluebonnet?)
Old 05-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #19
Zorro39 OP
Texan By Choice

Oddometer: 37
Bluebonnet

It is the most beautiful flower known to man. It is also the state flower of Texas.

I will post pics of the ride and the flowers and probably some longhorns

Z39
Zorro39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #20
klaviator
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,618
One common problem on the Super 8 is that the three bolts holding the cosmetic end cap on the muffler WILL vibrate loose and fall of so put some loctite on them first thing.

klaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #21
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
It is the most beautiful flower known to man. It is also the state flower of Texas.

I will post pics of the ride and the flowers and probably some longhorns

Z39
That would be nice to see pictures of the bluebonnets.

(I see a "longhorn" every day of my life)
Old 05-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #22
gogogordy
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaviator View Post
One common problem on the Super 8 is that the three bolts holding the cosmetic end cap on the muffler WILL vibrate loose and fall of so put some loctite on them first thing.
Good advice, and not uncommon even on some Leo Vince aftermarket pipes used on many larger modern scooters.

Some Kymco's had a faulty VR which lives in the headlamp binnacle and there was a recall...KYMCO's support and parts availability is among the industries best.

2 year warranty alleviates a lot of worry.