ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #226
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrBracket's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzakus View Post
Thanks for answering my email before Mr. Brackets. I'm wondering if you ever tried a set up where the trailer hitch would connect at the passenger peg bolts? Maybe something with cotter pins that could be removed quickly? I know it would add another chunk of metal, but I thought that if the trailer connected this way it would have the benefit of the bike's suspension... maybe making life less bumpy for gear in the trailer? Just wondered if anyone had tried that idea yet, and how the geometry would work.
Here are my thoughts on this issue: Mounting the hitch on the frame of the motorcycle would be the best solution from a suspension standpoint. The problem comes in building the actual hitch... Where can you attach it to the frame and not have it in the way of the rider, especially with it moving up and down as the suspension moves? Also, the hitch becomes longer, the longer it is, the more flexy it becomes and the heavier it becomes. Finally, how do you make the trailer fit different bikes without much work? I went with the axle mount hitch to keep the trailer light weight and simple.

Mike
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule http://www.moto-mule.com

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #227
Cabrito
Terminal Lurker
 
Cabrito's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco / Lake County, CA
Oddometer: 134
What's the current turnaround time to receive one?
__________________
Michael G in SF | 00 KLR650 |
Cabrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:00 PM   #228
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrBracket's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrito View Post
What's the current turnaround time to receive one?
Spring fever has hit! I'm about 4 weeks out for delivery at this point.
Thanks,
Mike
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule http://www.moto-mule.com

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #229
Tarzakus
Stump Jumper
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Oddometer: 3
trailer mounting...

Yeah, simple is best! From videos and comments, it looks like the trailer works great just the way it is!
__________________
Tarzakus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #230
weird1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Bend, OR
Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtp4 View Post
Saw you on Friday, westside of town.

BP
I have been putting on a few miles on the rig in preparation for my trip to TX next week. I was looking for your shop, I think I found it it is tucked away.
weird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #231
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrBracket's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Oddometer: 255
Here is the newest moto-mule trailer!









This one is for a 1987-2007 Kawasaki KLR 650 and is headed to Texas on Monday!! The new black rim really looks great!
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule http://www.moto-mule.com

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:55 AM   #232
Mr. Fisherman
oneandahalfassed
 
Mr. Fisherman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Eyejamnotta Sanchez
Oddometer: 10,353
I am liking the black rim. That would batch my bike very well
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:50 AM   #233
Manneman
Polarbear
 
Manneman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: SCANIA
Oddometer: 128
I like the new changes better! Looks nice!
__________________
Ängelholm, Scania!
Manneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #234
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer
 
bigalsmith101's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Lake Stevens, WA
Oddometer: 759
Another 300 miles this weekend.

Hey hey Mike!

I put another 300+ miles on my trailer this weekend, pulling it behind my '09 DR650 up and over the Cascade's to go camping with my friends. Everyone else was sleeping in there toy haulers, campers, or trailers, and I was the only guy to show up on a bike. I have no luggage space currently on my bike save for the rear rack, and everything I needed for the weekend was packed away nicely in the trailer! Half of the people camping this weekend have never seen the trailer, and they just looked at me, as if to say, where the hell is all of his stuff?

Off came the action packer lid, and presto, in 30 minutes my tent was set up, my sleeping pad inflated, my sleeping bag unrolled, my clothes chucked into the tent, my shoes on my feet, bottle of Crown Royal on someones camp table, and all my riding gear shoved back into the action packer while I was strutting around camp.

Quick disconnect of the trailer, and I was tearing up the fire roads, chasing my friends on their quads, dirt bikes, and off road vehicles.

At the end of the weekend, all my stuff got packed away, and while they were towing their trailers 10 mph over the trails back to the main pavement, I was cruising at 45mph with the trailer right behind me, and hauling ass over the mountain pass, leaving there trailers in the dust.

AWESOME.

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #235
weird1
Adventurer
 
Joined: Aug 2011
Location: Bend, OR
Oddometer: 69
I have mine all loaded and dialed in, I leave for TX Wednesday morning. It is so nice to have this much room and it is not on the bike.
weird1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #236
hairsmith
Gnarly Adventurer
 
hairsmith's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Nacogdoches Texas
Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
Here is the newest moto-mule trailer!









This one is for a 1987-2007 Kawasaki KLR 650 and is headed to Texas on Monday!! The new black rim really looks great!

Yes I quoted all the pictures, I just like Looks of this one ! Expecialy since its headed to me !!!
Mike is a great guy to deal with he has kept me informed of its progress over the last few weeks, and answered my questions and consurnes.
Thanks Mike

Hairsmith
__________________
2000 R1150GS
1983 R100 RS
2005 KLR 650
Hairsmith
hairsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #237
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrBracket's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
Hey hey Mike!

I put another 300+ miles on my trailer this weekend, pulling it behind my '09 DR650 up and over the Cascade's to go camping with my friends. Everyone else was sleeping in there toy haulers, campers, or trailers, and I was the only guy to show up on a bike. I have no luggage space currently on my bike save for the rear rack, and everything I needed for the weekend was packed away nicely in the trailer! Half of the people camping this weekend have never seen the trailer, and they just looked at me, as if to say, where the hell is all of his stuff?

Off came the action packer lid, and presto, in 30 minutes my tent was set up, my sleeping pad inflated, my sleeping bag unrolled, my clothes chucked into the tent, my shoes on my feet, bottle of Crown Royal on someones camp table, and all my riding gear shoved back into the action packer while I was strutting around camp.

Quick disconnect of the trailer, and I was tearing up the fire roads, chasing my friends on their quads, dirt bikes, and off road vehicles.

At the end of the weekend, all my stuff got packed away, and while they were towing their trailers 10 mph over the trails back to the main pavement, I was cruising at 45mph with the trailer right behind me, and hauling ass over the mountain pass, leaving there trailers in the dust.

AWESOME.

--Alex
Alex, that is truly AWESOME!! Love it, (picture me puffing my chest out with pride right about now).. It really does feel great to make something that is useful and creates more oportunities for people to get out there and ride!!!
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule http://www.moto-mule.com

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:19 AM   #238
Nevada
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Somehwere in the Utah Valley
Oddometer: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalacticGS View Post
Thanks for the updates on those using the trailer so far and your dealings with law enforcement. Glad to hear that the police are not bothering you so far.

I looked up the rqmts to register a trailer in Nevada, and they're rather onerous (see below).

Might just try to skate by without registering...
...

I used a Bushtec trailer in Nevada from 2004 through 2011. Never registered it. Never heard word "boo" about it from LEOs.

On a related matter: I would suggest folks add some Conspicuity Tape to their Action Packer. Heck, Mr. Bracket may want to consider making the 'Moto-Mule' logo out of a highly reflective tape.

Nevada screwed with this post 05-10-2012 at 01:41 AM
Nevada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #239
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrBracket's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
I used a Bushtec trailer in Nevada from 2004 through 2011. Never registered it. Never heard word "boo" about it from LEOs.

On a related matter: I would suggest folks add some Conspicuity Tape to their Action Packer. Heck, Mr. Bracket may want to consider making the 'Moto-Mule' logo out of a highly reflective tape.
On this last batch (the one's with the black wheels) the moto-mule.com and moto mule logo are indeed made out of red reflective vinyl. When light hits them it's quite amazing how much they light up.
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule http://www.moto-mule.com

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #240
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
MrBracket's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Oddometer: 255
Here is the first hitch setup for the 2008 and Up Kawasaki KLR 650









2008-Up KLR owners will need to move their license plates if you want to do any offroading. The trailer will hit the license plate if you don't move it.
__________________
http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule http://www.moto-mule.com

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014