Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #16
savit260
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
Not until now.

Interesting. When they gonna publish prices, instructions on ordering?
Doesn't look like this has been updated in a while, but this place was selling them.

http://www.blitzbikes.com/id39.htm
savit260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:31 PM   #17
Phipsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
There is a reason the Burgman is the gold standard against which others are measured. There's also a reason few people have heard of the T-Max.
It's true it's hard to give away the T-Max in the US, but the US isn't the world when it comes to scooters. Far from it.
In Europe where people take scooters seriously, the T-Max is huge.
Phipsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM   #18
Phipsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortexau View Post

People may . .

like . .

a Grand Dink, or (shucks) . .

just any New Dink . . if they desire . . but

. . we'll just take MyRoad and we'll . .

. . go Downtown, . .

. . Downtown, where all the lights are . .

. . bright and Xciting . . .

. . we'll have vitality, and go . .

. . Downtown . .

. . we'll go Downtown, where its all waiting . .

. . . . . . . for you!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

PETULA CLARK
"Downtown"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

When you consider how many Burgman 650's Suzuki has been flogging Lo these many years; It's hard to understand why Kymco hasn't brought over the Myroad 700 instead of the lame Xcting 500. The Myroad has been out for some time now. Instead they are building motors for BMW to do the same thing. Very strange.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #19
Phipsd
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJones View Post
You're not incorrect. And I say that as a (former, as of next Monday) BMW owner.

There's the cachet of the brand, as you note. But behind that, is (still) the engineering that gave it that status. The BMW is a ten-tenths machine; unlike so many cycles, the equipment isn't toylike or shoddy. Everything works; works WELL; is thought-out. Not always to conclusions I would have reached (turn signals, for instance) but thought-out.

There's no denying the joy, in winding such a machine up on an empty road; or sling-shotting it through S-curves or switchbacks. But there's ALSO no denying the COST and dedication needed to keep such a machine maintained.

It just so happens...I decided, I'm too old to be throwing the leg over the tippy-tall GS; and I've become too poor to afford a toy I can't much play with. So I'm finding another way...

...but my memories of the BMW bike are not contemptuous. Not at all...I'd do it again.
We agree on the expense and the joy of riding. Ten years of ownership taught me that the bikes are needlessly complex and more difficult to service than they need to be; and despite what the Teutonic faithful would have you believe, German quality control isn't what it used to be.

Looking at the design of my RT80 I was expecting something like the reliability of my old VW Bugs. Not even close.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #20
vortexau
Outside the Pod-bay

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phipsd View Post
When you consider how many Burgman 650's Suzuki has been flogging Lo these many years; It's hard to understand why Kymco hasn't brought over the Myroad 700 instead of the lame Xcting 500. The Myroad has been out for some time now. Instead they are building motors for BMW to do the same thing. Very strange.
Have a read here:
Scooters That Are 650 CC & Up

. . . down where the text is on Kymco Myroad 700i. and the second sentence where that subject is made quite clear. Kymco sold off their engine, and so on . . .
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #21
TheReaper!
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 634
http://www.gizmag.com/go/4712/picture/15928/

The Honda introduced back at the 2005 show was a 900cc , now it's a 750 ?
I guess it doesn't really matter since Honda will never build it any way .
If any thing Honda will at least the way they are acting , will be getting out of the
scooter business ?

TheReaper!
TheReaper! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:26 AM   #22
thunderkat59
Cooter on a scooter

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phipsd View Post
We agree on the expense and the joy of riding. Ten years of ownership taught me that the bikes are needlessly complex and more difficult to service than they need to be;

Who would have thought the olde daze of UJM ubiquity would turn out to be
motorcyclings finest moment ?
thunderkat59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #23
Hardguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper! View Post
http://www.gizmag.com/go/4712/picture/15928/

The Honda introduced back at the 2005 show was a 900cc , now it's a 750 ?
I guess it doesn't really matter since Honda will never build it any way .
If any thing Honda will at least the way they are acting , will be getting out of the
scooter business ?

TheReaper!
Honda sells this 700 cc motorcycle looking scooter call Integra everywhere but in North America.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...a-super-scoot/
Hardguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #24
John Bentall
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 210
Quote:
Honda sells this 700 cc motorcycle looking scooter call Integra everywhere but in North America.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...a-super-scoot/
It has one very un-scooter-like attribute that it shares with the Aprilia/Gilera GP800 - namely an exposed, oily, messy rear chain.

Why could Honda not design an enclosure for it? Answer:- cost and parts commonality with its brethren NC700S & X machines.
Still, one can always fit an automatic chain oiler for a modest sum.
John Bentall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:27 AM   #25
Tacoma OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
,,,,as an owner of a Yamaha Tmax I feel good that my $5495 Tmax can match and in some ways out-perform the maxi scooters that cost twice as much, I say speaking for myself and maybe other Tmax Owners we took a crap-shoot when buying our Tmax and won. Just because any motorcycle or scooter costs more doesn't mean its better. I got tired and got broke buying a new motorcycle every year that never pleased me,, I took a chance, a big chance buying the Tmax and I have finally found what I want!
I used to be guilty of buying and owning a bike just to show it off and impress everybody except myself, I hated riding it but it looks good. My Tmax is the total oppisite of that, it looks bad, everybody laughs and makes fun of it,,,, but I love and enjoy riding it.
I understand you people don't like me, but all I care about is pleasing myself, I understand you other brand maxi scooter owners are threatened by my Tmax and the only way I can understand WHY you are threatened by the Tmax is you feel in some way the Tmax is better than the scooter you own. I understand that everybody always thinks what they own is the best. I was never prepared for all the cut downs and attacks my Tmax gets from other scooter owners, so if I sound rude and insulting, you people made me that way, I am not going to stand there and not fight back, its obvious you people are jealous of the Tmax and you wished you owned one than what you own now.
Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #26
elamofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
My Tmax is the total oppisite of that, it looks bad, everybody laughs and makes fun of it,,,, but I love and enjoy riding it.
This is the scooter thread, no one here is making fun of you for it. That's what those other subforums are for. And I love my TMAX too. When people on other motorcycles give you strange look at a light then just be sure the zoom past them with one hand when the light turns green.

That said my TMAX won't last forever and I'm not really the handy type, other than changing oil. I think in a couple of years I'll take a look at the BMW, the new TMAX and whatever else makes it's way over to the US.
elamofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:30 AM   #27
hexnut
just cruising

Oddometer: 1,309
Quote:
,,,,as an owner of a Yamaha Tmax I feel good that my $5495 Tmax can match and in some ways out-perform the maxi scooters that cost twice as much, I say speaking for myself and maybe other Tmax Owners we took a crap-shoot when buying our Tmax and won. Just because any motorcycle or scooter costs more doesn't mean its better. I got tired and got broke buying a new motorcycle every year that never pleased me,, I took a chance, a big chance buying the Tmax and I have finally found what I want!
I used to be guilty of buying and owning a bike just to show it off and impress everybody except myself, I hated riding it but it looks good. My Tmax is the total oppisite of that, it looks bad, everybody laughs and makes fun of it,,,, but I love and enjoy riding it.
I understand you people don't like me, but all I care about is pleasing myself, I understand you other brand maxi scooter owners are threatened by my Tmax and the only way I can understand WHY you are threatened by the Tmax is you feel in some way the Tmax is better than the scooter you own. I understand that everybody always thinks what they own is the best. I was never prepared for all the cut downs and attacks my Tmax gets from other scooter owners, so if I sound rude and insulting, you people made me that way, I am not going to stand there and not fight back, its obvious you people are jealous of the Tmax and you wished you owned one than what you own now.

Naw..you showed up that way and we don't give a rats rear what you ride. Its not your scooter that is the problem...its YOU.

hexnuts...a curse put on your balls by a mean gypsy
3/5 Cav, C Troop, BlackKnights, Vietnam 1969
hexnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #28
Hardguy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexnut View Post
[/B]

Naw..you showed up that way and we don't give a rats rear what you ride. Its not your scooter that is the problem...its YOU.
Haha, Tacoma is just trying to say don't hate him because he's beautiful.
Hardguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #29
thunderkat59
Cooter on a scooter

Oddometer: 1,188
Quote:
so if I sound rude and insulting, you people made me that way, I am not going to stand there and not fight back, its obvious you people are jealous of the Tmax and you wished you owned one than what you own now.

Is this from an episode of Housewives of New Jersey ?
wTf
thunderkat59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:50 AM   #30
gkgeiger
Every ride is an ADV

Oddometer: 600
This guy has 158 posts and they all say the same thing.
'12 NC700X/D
gkgeiger is online now   Reply With Quote