ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 09:44 AM   #48391
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
Landon is a lot more verbose than I so I just quoted his posting from the Indiana thread about our trip to Renfro Valley this weekend. ;)
I don't know what it is about those orange bikes but I think I got passed a million times by them this weekend. I think I fell over about 20 times on Saturday and maybe two times Sunday. There were probably about 250 riders there this weekend and about 90 percent of the bikes were orange with what seemed like to me expert riders (mgorman types..lol).
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #48392
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailCallsMeKarl View Post
I desperately need to find a place I can spend an hour or so a few times a week. Need seat time!
Once I get it plated, it might be a lot of Tar Hollow trips and just goofing off in that area. (or other similar areas if I can find them closer to cbus)
PLEASE keep me in the loop in this regard! I'll be able to manage Tar Hallow trips Monday, Wednesday, and/or Thursday evenings once you get it plated; during the summer if you get off work at 5, we could make it down there with a couple hours of daylight left pretty easy; I get off around 3 or 4 Mondays and Wednesdays.

A more local spot with some bumps/hills/banked curves/obstacles would be exceptional. Preferably legal, but simply out of sight would work for me. My 2 known spots are fun, but they're slightly visible from somewhat busy roads, and I wouldn't feel comfortable hanging out there for any more than 10-15 minutes at a time.
Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #48393
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
PLEASE keep me in the loop in this regard!
Will do! We can be dirt ninjas together.....
I'm pretty sure Z@ch will join us as well.

I get off at 3:30 in the summer. 2 week nights at IP, but it leaves 3 nights open.

EDIT: they are actually revamping the airport golf course right now - you have NO idea how bad I want to sneak in there and ride.......

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X

GailCallsMeKarl screwed with this post 05-07-2012 at 10:03 AM
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #48394
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
I don't know what it is about those orange bikes but I think I got passed a million times by them this weekend. I think I fell over about 20 times on Saturday and maybe two times Sunday. There were probably about 250 riders there this weekend and about 90 percent of the bikes were orange with what seemed like to me expert riders (mgorman types..lol).
Your observations are the same as mine on the few organized dual sports I've gone to. KTM dominates, and a lot of those guys are wicked good. I'll be struggling on some obstacle and suddenly 4 guys will ride past me like it ain't nothing.

Renfro looks like a good time, it's on my list of shit I want to do.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #48395
Landon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 571
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Your observations are the same as mine on the few organized dual sports I've gone to. KTM dominates, and a lot of those guys are wicked good. I'll be struggling on some obstacle and suddenly 4 guys will ride past me like it ain't nothing.

Renfro looks like a good time, it's on my list of shit I want to do.
I felt we did pretty well considering we were actually on dualsports. The majority really had dirt bikes that had plates.

My best explanation of the weekend is I went hiking with a 280# motorcycle, and I feel like it today.
Landon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #48396
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon View Post

My best explanation of the weekend is I went hiking with a 280# motorcycle, and I feel like it today.

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:30 AM   #48397
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,109
Well not to piss off the posers but I thought I would offer up this tid bit of tech tips. I found that a mothers power ball on a drill wipes the embedded bug guts off of your helmet in mere seconds. I wax my lid every few months so in the summer so that may have helped get them off easy also. I just like to keep my helmet slicked up so my watermelon sized head will slip through the air with less resistance.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #48398
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2014

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Lisa! When are you getting that KTM 350 and coming to play in the woods???
When I get some t-i-m-e... And $$$$$!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #48399
Dagny_Taggart
John Galt - 2014

Oddometer: 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
Well not to piss off the posers but I thought I would offer up this tid bit of tech tips. I found that a mothers power ball on a drill wipes the embedded bug guts off of your helmet in mere seconds. I wax my lid every few months so in the summer so that may have helped get them off easy also. I just like to keep my helmet slicked up so my watermelon sized head will slip through the air with less resistance.
Microfiber cloth and water works really well too!
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #48400
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,709
Quote:
About once a month in the summer, I take a shower with my helmet on, and clean it that way. Seriously.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #48401
mpenner
Heavy Cruiser

Oddometer: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
About once a month in the summer, I take a shower with my helmet on, and clean it that way. Seriously.
I thought that you were supposed to keep your hidden identity as the "Stig" a secret.

2001 KLR 650
2003 V-Strom DL1000
mpenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #48402
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Oddometer: 5,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid dadas View Post

Elbows; both elbows sore?

It'd be easier to find a joint that doesn't hurt, however sitting here thinking about it, I didn't find any, so in a nutshell, your answer would be yes.

Quote:

PM Bueller. I believe he battled that for a long time.

Thank you sir

AES Racing - Crow Canyon Riding Park
mgorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #48403
dox
How much for the ape?

Oddometer: 2,647
Old 05-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #48404
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Well not to piss off the posers....

I did my anti ATGATT ride this weekend. I hopped on my crusty rusty musty 640A and went for a ride in shorts, t-shirt, running shoes and no skid lid. Unfortunately with a tank that big, I didn't get the full effect of having the breeze blow up my shorts.

Then I rode the 1100 Honda with an orange and black KTM jacket, every Harley waved thinking I was the real deal. However, the helmet and brown work boots should have let them know I was posing.

Old 05-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #48405
mgorman
Crashing since 1964

Quote:
Actually, I offer it as a service. Give me your bike, gear and $500 and I'll have you "authentic" in less than an hour.

And if she can't reach the ground on it she'll run it over practicing log crossings instead