ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 07:39 PM   #48466
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
2 of 2!

Perry state forest ride this Thursday!!! So far Alan, Goreman, and myself are in I believe. Come play in the stinky-ass mud with us!
Damn you all, doesn't anyone work on Thursday except me? Been itching to get out there too and get some of that mud stuff on my bike. The one time I was there on an ATV the mud stained it and never would come clean. You could probably bottle the stuff and sell it at the BMW shops to slop on the bikes and clothes. I can say that because I have a BMW.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:41 PM   #48467
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,192
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildit View Post
I guess so. Copy just the part that says, "Stay two abreast at all times because everyone else should have to wait because you are a bicyclist"

Did you have to wait on a 1000cc motorcycle with two-thirds of the road available to you?

Problem solved!

You must be much less of a rider than I thought, and that wasn't much.
bikeridermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #48468
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Oddometer: 14,116
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeridermark View Post
Did you have to wait on a 1000cc motorcycle with two-thirds of the road available to you?

Problem solved!
Did you see the on coming traffic before I finally passed? Did you notice the double yellow line? I'm not dying to they can feel superior.
2006 KLR650
2001 YZ426 (street Legal)
buildit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #48469
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOhio View Post
Damn you all, doesn't anyone work on Thursday except me? Been itching to get out there too and get some of that mud stuff on my bike. The one time I was there on an ATV the mud stained it and never would come clean. You could probably bottle the stuff and sell it at the BMW shops to slop on the bikes and clothes. I can say that because I have a BMW.

What time and where at? I'm off this week and next!
Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #48470
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
Jesus glad to see nothings changed.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #48471
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Did you see the on coming traffic before I finally passed? Did you notice the double yellow line? I'm not dying to they can feel superior.
Oh my God! You were held up for ..... WOW! 3 seconds! Come on, Luke, grow up and be a man!

You look like a Sportster kinda guy.....
Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #48472
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,541
Quote:
What about going Saturday? I hate reading about these nice weekday trips too because I'm working. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #48473
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I want to get some mud, but not too much. Want not to look like a poser, but do not want to clean up too much before Hanging Rock.
Do not want to have to pass any bicyclists and look like a whiner because they look at me funny and I have to move to the left to pass them.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #48474
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
Oh my God! You were held up for ..... WOW! 3 seconds! Come on, Luke, grow up and be a man!

You look like a Sportster kinda guy.....
Old saying, it's not worth being right if your dead. I'm not saying I couldn't get around them and probably been okay, but by them moving single file, they could remain safe, I could remain safe and everyone would be happy.
I would do the same thing again. I hope they don't act like Harley riders in a parade next time because the kid who misjudges their pass and clips the outside rider may be wrong but the bicyclist may well be the bigger loser.
2006 KLR650
Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #48475
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
Old saying, it's not worth being right if your dead. I'm not saying I couldn't get around them and probably been okay, but by them moving single file, they could remain safe, I could remain safe and everyone would be happy.
I would do the same thing again. I hope they don't act like Harley riders in a parade next time because the kid who misjudges their pass and clips the outside rider may be wrong but the bicyclist may well be the bigger loser.
Good point...you putting those degrees to use again? lol
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #48476
bikeridermark
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Yea, and you might be in jail! Based on your video evidence, of course.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 PM   #48477
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Quote:
and good counterpoint...
Old 05-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #48478
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,089
Why cant the bicyclist ride on the little paths and trails that are all over the damn state that say NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ALLOWED? You can ride on my shit, but I cant ride on yours? Fucking hypocrites.

Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:11 PM   #48479
BigOhio
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 473
Quote:

Problem solved!

You must be much less of a rider than I thought, and that wasn't much.
Geez, just read an article today about solar activitiy causing wars, disputes, murders and such. The solar maximum must be coming up soon and I may have to find a cave to move into...

But on the subject of bicycles normally I have no problem with them if they follow the rules. The problem I have is about every group (10+) I come up on. I watch them blow through stop signs, ride 3-4 abreast, spread out forever and not providing you any room to pass safely and just pretty much oblivious to everything around them but themselves. Of course I may just be jaded as I live in an area that seems to be a mecca for Columbusites to put on orangized rides and kind of pisses me off when I'm trying to get home or out and get stuck in the middle of 100 bikes for miles on end and having 20 you just passed, pass you when you stop at the stop sign and they just go around you ignoring it. Just my 2 cents...
Old 05-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #48480
buildit
Guns, bikes and Bows

Quote:
I didn't say I would ever purposely hit a bicyclist. I was pointing out others who would just cross the double yellow then realize there was an oncoming car "might". In such a situation the bike is the looser no mater what happens to the driver.
I refuse to be an aggressive driver because they can't share the road.
2006 KLR650