Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #1
ThrottleJock OP
Shaved Ape

Oddometer: 60
Disappointed with LewisportUSA re: Gas Gas parts

Long story short(er), I ordered a hundred bucks worth of doodads for my Gas Gas from Lewisport on the 2nd of March. Month later nothing's arrived and there's no clear picture what the deal is after calling/emailing them 2-3 times a week for weeks. Something like 6 weeks later I finally get tracking info and find out that it was a package lost by UPS. I contact UPS and they say that it shipped from Rising Sun and I need to take it up with them to issue a trace or claim or something. I contact them and speak to somebody who seemed extremely disinterested in the situation. I then contact Lewisport again and they kindly tell me they'll contact Rising Sun and get this sorted out. I call back the next day after not hearing anything and get the same story. Feeling optimistic that somebody else cares about my situation now I hang up the phone with confidence that any day now it'll get sorted. That was a week ago, haven't heard from anyone.

So the loss of the box isn't the end of the world, it was maybe a hundred bucks worth of stuff. What sucks is that I've lost faith in two of the main parts suppliers for Gas Gas stuff now, and there aren't exactly a ton of them to choose from in the US.

Are there other resources I can look to in order to order OEM replacement parts?