User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 10:02 AM   #1546
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,128
Cheat sheet with all the commands?

In the old version of the manual there was a table that summarized all the commands for the unit.
In the new V4 manual they are all kinda spread out ....
Is there a consolidated cheat sheet anywhere?

Thanks!
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #1547
Oregonwinger66
Oregonwinger

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden View Post
In the old version of the manual there was a table that summarized all the commands for the unit.
In the new V4 manual they are all kinda spread out ....
Is there a consolidated cheat sheet anywhere?

Thanks!

Me 2
Oregonwinger66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:13 AM   #1548
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Just a heads up - Sena has just released firmware v1.2 for the SR10.

The change log is pretty sparse, but here it is:

- Enhancements in battery management
- Minor Bug fixes in interoperability with phones

-dan
Old 05-10-2012, 10:27 AM   #1549
TowPro
Getting there

Oddometer: 2,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by danham View Post
Just a heads up - Sena has just released firmware v1.2 for the SR10.

- Minor Bug fixes in interoperability with phones

-dan
But with 4.X on the SMH10, we no longer need to connect our phones to the SR10. Both the SR10 and Phone connect direct to the SMH10 :) (great change that works perfect BTW)

I installed the update anyway. I did notice a setting that allows you to set the timeout after the sr10 input goes dead (sound stops) and it drops the bluetooth connection. Default is 5 seconds., I went down to the lowest it let me which was 3 seconds. I don't recall that setting before, but it might have been there. also It still has radio mic volume setting. high, med and low. (which was there with v1.1)
Old 05-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #1550
danham
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
The mic gain and timeout settings were there before, but thank you for reminding me. Mine was set to 3 seconds and the firmware update reset it to 5, so I went back and fixed it after reading your msg.

I find that battery life is better with the shorter timeout and if I need constant input (such as rapid-paced GPS directions in a city), a tap on the PTT button locks the SR10 channel open until I tap it again.

-dan
Old 05-10-2012, 05:21 PM   #1551
srebello
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Has anyone tried to upgrade the old SMH10, with the round charging jack to the new style, recently?? Are you still able to get the $49 upgrade?? I emailed them just wondering if anyone had done it recently. Thanks
srebello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #1552
radon222
1150GS-ADV

Oddometer: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by srebello View Post
Has anyone tried to upgrade the old SMH10, with the round charging jack to the new style, recently?? Are you still able to get the $49 upgrade?? I emailed them just wondering if anyone had done it recently. Thanks

Sorry man, but the old style units are not firmware upgradeable. AFAIK...the $49 upgrade offer expired quite a while ago.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #1553
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by srebello View Post
A few pages back someone described an attempt to do this....
I don't think it worked..........
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #1554
srebello
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Yeah a little more searching turned up $119 offer. Not sure if is worth $250 improvement. I don't have many complaints about our current set up. Thanks
srebello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #1555
mwood7800
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 536
sena

have had the smh10 for a year, just bought 2 helmet mounts with speakers for 2 new helmets, the speakers fell apart in both lids the first 2 hrs, I put one set back togeather with silicon but now it sounds like crap. also one unit fits loose on all 6 mounts and have to jiggle it for stereo. Hope the warrenty holds out..
mwood7800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #1556
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell

Oddometer: 1,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoder View Post
I have a Nolan n43 Trilogy. I was not able to use the screw-on adaptor with the clamp. I am using the double faced tape and it is holding fine. I am also using the extra mic. Was told that the built in one would not work so I bought the clamp for ear buds and external mic.....

Stroder,

could you elaborate or post pics of what you did?

I have the same lid and my best buddy bought me the SENA clamp/arm for a b-day gift. I have not installed or tried.

Was it an issue with enough room between the face guard and mic? How did the external arm option cure that?
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester
Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #1557
wingwing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
could you elaborate or post pics of what you did?
I don't mean to hi-jack your request but I also have the N43E and I installed my SMH10 with the OEM mic and ear speakers.
The "OEM" is what I call the Clamp Style.
.. I think it works fine.

I cut two small notches in the lower rubber..
..one for the clamp to fit
.. and another for the mic to come out through the existing mic hole just inside the jaw attach point.

Some pics:
IN THE LOWER RUBBER TRIM...
Pop out the "NOLAN" cutout and slightly enlarge the "oval hole" to fit the inner clamp
just make a notch the same width as the clamp thickness.. that way the rubber won't "distort"..
..Once you fit the clamp.. there is also room to run the SPEAKER wires back in through the same hole..

another view

Cut another small notch to bring the mic "inside" the jaw plate:

Another View:

The mic comes out inside the jaw guard through the existing hole there..
There is room for the mic boom inside the helmet
(I guess it's there for the OEM nolan BT stuff?)..
.. inside the helmet.. there is also an existing very small hole with a nut plate behind it...
... I made a small "T" shaped clamp and then attached the mic boom internally with a very small (M4) bolt using the existing small hole with the nut plate that's already there.
.... I don't really think I needed that.. but it just looks better (to me) and holds the boom from flexing too much.

I arranged everything so that the mic would be off to the left side
.. there is a little "triangle" indentation in the jaw guard that provides a little extra clearance.
Like This:

extra...I also did not think the "brim" was big enough so I added an extension..
a small piece of Lexan from my old Nolan N102
... works great when the sun is in my face...

All in all, the Nolan N43E and the SMH10 make a great combo..
imho.

It is the coolest (temperature) and lightest helmet I have...
... even feels lighter than my old "shorty helmet... probably just because it fits better.

Dennis
www.fogbog.com

wingwing screwed with this post 05-11-2012 at 09:20 AM
wingwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #1558
Kruncher
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Hey everyone: Long time listener, first time caller.

Just wanted to share my setup and give props to Adam and the team for getting my order out to me before a quick trip.

I'm using the Sena with an Zumo 550 and a Nolan 102. Love my Nolan, but it was a bit of a pain to fit. In order to get stereo sound out of the Zumo and XM, I'm using a Jabra A120 dongle. Custom ear buds from Big Ears plug into the earbud adapter plate.

Thanks to some of the great advice here, I was able to update the headsets and pair to my phone, the Zumo and the Jabra. I eventually settled on pairing the phone (Lumia 900) to the Zumo, then using the hands free profile to connect to the Zumo and the Media Profile to connect to the Jabra. Sena did a nice job allowing you to "split out" the phone/media profiles.

Everything work flawlessly over the 1000 miles we rode. Battery life was great (10+ hours each day), intercom to the other bike worked great the entire trip except for one small incident. My riding partner (Dad, in this case) could not connect to me and would get a "intercom failed" voice message. I was able to connect just fine, however, and we never experienced it again. As a side note, the Jabra A120s isn't easy to track down any more; I've had mine for a couple of years. That's too bad, as the battery life is great and it seems rock solid.

Thanks to all for the great information...
Kruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #1559
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Thumb RocketMoto ... why you should NOT look anywhere else

Bought 4 sets of Sena bluetooth headsets from Adam at RocketMoto almost 2 years ago (at that time, they had the best prices, were well rated for customer service by many customers). My experience then was very positive: Adam was very knowledgeable, understood my needs, explained the product to me and helped me determine what I needed.

Well almost 2 years later, nothing has changed - they still have superb customer service and focus! A couple of parts were no longer working so I contacted Adam via email. He not only sent me the replacement parts within a few days, but he did it even BEFORE I returned him the failed components! How is that for building trust in a relationship? Shipping (both new and now for return items) has been consistent - fast, efficient and problem-free...all at (still) the best prices! Adam, you have made RocketMoto a class act!

Btw, Adam is in New Hampshire and I am in Singapore...many miles away! So whether you are local or international, I can vouch that you are in good hands.
Solstice0000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #1560
Solstice0000
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwood7800 View Post
have had the smh10 for a year, just bought 2 helmet mounts with speakers for 2 new helmets, the speakers fell apart in both lids the first 2 hrs, I put one set back togeather with silicon but now it sounds like crap. also one unit fits loose on all 6 mounts and have to jiggle it for stereo. Hope the warrenty holds out..
Well hopefully you purchased them from Adam at RocketMoto
Solstice0000 is offline   Reply With Quote