Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
ag_streak
Tiene Ruta Cuarenta?

Oddometer: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by pachap View Post
I got to get a good look at a co-workers 2007 FZ6 today as we went on a short ride together, about 80 miles. I was quite impressed with how I felt while sitting on it. I will be picking up a new bike this summer and have looked at everything in this range and have gravitated towards a Versys or a Weestrom, but after spending a little time on my co-workers bike I now very interested in the new FZ6R. After a quick look on CycleTrader it seems that you could pick this bike up on the cheap. Looks to be a decent aftermarket as well, at least for the farkles I want, like V35's, risers, and lower pegs.
Not sure how much you know about them, but the 2009 FZ6R is NOTHING AT ALL like the pre-2009s.

The 2009s have a heavier, cheaper steel tube frame rather than the aluminum twin-spar, and a different engine with 2/3rds the power of the original FZ6. It has a full fairing to appeal to new sport bike riders (not that there's anything wrong with that), but sliding pin brake calipers, stamped steel parts, and was built to a price point. It was definitely a few notches down from an older FZ6.

Just do some homework before you decide. The 2009 was not a natural refinement and upgrade from the 2008...

Here's a link to some info:

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2009/...amaha2009fz6r/

I don't want to dis anyone who rides a 2009, I just want to get the story out there. I hope this helps...

Improve your cosmic karma here!

ag_streak screwed with this post 05-10-2012 at 11:45 AM
ag_streak is offline   Reply With Quote