ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #16
mlyamkaw
Drill Baby Drill

Oddometer: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobius View Post
Hey mlyamkaw, I will be in the market for a WPG sometime in the next few years, as my current griff is over 13 years old, so I'd love to get a recommendation on a good breeder! Those things are NOT easy to find.
Not sure I can be of much help. I found a couple good breeders in MT and ID, but they didn't have any pups. I had to take what I could find, my wife was determined to get a puppy, and it would have been a huge fluff dog with zero hunting potential if I didn't move fast and beat her to the punch! Found ours in Tri Cities on http://www.gundogbreeders.com/
14 KTM 500 EXC
mlyamkaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #17
Rainshadow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by 243Win View Post
I've lashed a large holster to the bars of my DR and I carry a T/C Contender pistol in .410 for grouse of opportunity as I wander the logging roads of the Olympic Peninsula. Rolls them quite well out to 25-30yds.
They've started letting us use a .22 for grouse again in Oregon so I can carry either carry my Buckmark or I've thought about getting a .22 conversion for my Kimber. That way I could also carry the .45 slide/mags in case I run into big kittys, grow ops, or tweakers.

I'd love to find a way to carry my rifle or bow during the season so that I can leave the camper on the truck and use the bike for getting to my access points.
Rainshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
243Win
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshadow View Post
They've started letting us use a .22 for grouse again in Oregon so I can carry either carry my Buckmark or I've thought about getting a .22 conversion for my Kimber. That way I could also carry the .45 slide/mags in case I run into big kittys, grow ops, or tweakers.

I'd love to find a way to carry my rifle or bow during the season so that I can leave the camper on the truck and use the bike for getting to my access points.
Yeah, they let us use a 22 pistol on them too, but the little .410 rolls them pretty well out of the tops of the trees without having to wonder where any missed shots (or even the hit, the bullets always exit) landed.

Haven't worked out carrying a rifle to a jump off point around here, I'd probably just switch the contender to one of my rifle setups, (longer, rifle barrel in either 30-30 or 35Rem and buttstock) and sling it since it is so small and light vs a regular bolt gun. Or strap to my camel-bak, back pack.

I'm pretty sure I could work out a scabbard arrangement if given enough time and motivation to think about it. Hmm,....

10 State Trip 2010
2011, $1000 in the pocket, how far can we go
243Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:10 PM   #19
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainshadow View Post
I know it's a bit of a hijack, but has anybody figured out a good scabbard system for carrying a shotgun, a scoped rifle, or a bow on a dual sport?
Here's what I did: Kolpin gun Boot three-point mounted to the Gobi rack. Works great.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #20
243Win
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911fan View Post
Here's what I did: Kolpin gun Boot three-point mounted to the Gobi rack. Works great.

1911fan
Hard case, even better than what I was thinking.

10 State Trip 2010
2011, $1000 in the pocket, how far can we go
243Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #21
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,827
I can post pics of the attachment hardware if anybody needs.

1911fan

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #22
Rainshadow
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 370
If it's not too much of a hijack I'd love to see how that mounts. I was thinking about one of the surf board racks for my bow in a hard case, but haven't looked into it too hard.
Rainshadow is offline   Reply With Quote