ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #2086
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Bubu - We seem to have gone back to winter! Cold and wet again today. 6C ! ...... it was 22C back in March! Weather is crazy at the moment.

I'll tell Stevie he needs to paint his Kawa!
I never understand why there are other color than kawasaki's green on catalog ... It's like a blue ducati
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:25 PM   #2087
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
I never understand why there are other color than kawasaki's green on catalog ... It's like a blue ducati

Blue Ducati you say? ...... looks quite nice...

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #2088
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
.... and yes, go for the Ace .... it has serious 'cool' factor. ...
The coolness factor of the RF isn't any lower, though.... in my opinion.


Nice pictures again. Cheers!
Gotta love the signets! So sweet!


Aye, back in my hometown (Solingen), we have a suicide bridge as well. In fact THE suicide bridge....
It's the highest railroad bridge in Germany - 351 ft.





It is MIGHTY, when you stand below in in real life, just majestic.
Well, a lot of people used to jump down unfortunately. There is not too much water running down there, so you can imagine the mess. Once a guy got his leg caught in the steel framework and had to be rescued in a laborious operation.. Not quite what he had wanted, I guess.

Sorry to post pictures that are not my own... Couldn't find any so quickly...
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #2089
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
Blue Ducati you say? ...... looks quite nice...

It's like my VFR Racing in blue and white!!! But it's not a Ducati, a Ducati must be red or yellow or aluminium
__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #2090
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
The coolness factor of the RF isn't any lower, though.... in my opinion.


Nice pictures again. Cheers!
Gotta love the signets! So sweet!


Aye, back in my hometown (Solingen), we have a suicide bridge as well. In fact THE suicide bridge....
It's the highest railroad bridge in Germany - 351 ft.

It is MIGHTY, when you stand below in in real life, just majestic.
Well, a lot of people used to jump down unfortunately. There is not too much water running down there, so you can imagine the mess. Once a guy got his leg caught in the steel framework and had to be rescued in a laborious operation.. Not quite what he had wanted, I guess.

Sorry to post pictures that are not my own... Couldn't find any so quickly...


I know the RF is a good bike ...and quite similar to the 'Ace' when it comes to performance, with much better fuel consumption (although the Ace has more horsepower) .... But I am just not a fan of its looks.... I hate the huge tail light cluster and side louvre slats...... The Ace looks 'classy' but the RF looks...... kind of 'kitsch' by comparison .... in my opinion (of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and a subjective / personal thing). If you like the looks - you go for it.


Thats a spectacular looking bridge - the kind that gets blown up in movies! ..... although I wouldn't fancy dangling, upside down, by one leg from it for a long time!
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:44 AM   #2091
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu View Post
It's like my VFR Racing in blue and white!!! But it's not a Ducati, a Ducati must be red or yellow or aluminium

What about black? - The Ducati '749 dark' was a fine looking bike. No?
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 04:47 AM   #2092
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
I know the RF is a good bike ...and quite similar to the 'Ace' when it comes to performance, with much better fuel consumption (although the Ace has more horsepower) .... But I am just not a fan of its looks.... I hate the huge tail light cluster and side louvre slats...... The Ace looks 'classy' but the RF looks...... kind of 'kitsch' by comparison .... in my opinion (of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and a subjective / personal thing). If you like the looks - you go for it.
I don't agree with you!
I actually DO like the look. Okay, except for the brake lights. They are just.. well.. too big.
But I really like the slats and the colour schemes - they are fabulously old school.
The (way) lower fuel consumption is of course another strong point for the RF - and 135 bhp seem more than enough for my purposes.
Plus - there aren't many of them around (which is also true for the Ace to a certain degree). I like to be "special".
But you're absolutely right, it's in the eye of the beerholder.
At the moment any bike seems to be a good bike....

Cheers!
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:11 AM   #2093
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
I don't agree with you!
I actually DO like the look. Okay, except for the brake lights. They are just.. well.. too big.
But I really like the slats and the colour schemes - they are fabulously old school.
The (way) lower fuel consumption is of course another strong point for the RF - and 135 bhp seem more than enough for my purposes.
Plus - there aren't many of them around (which is also true for the Ace to a certain degree). I like to be "special".
But you're absolutely right, it's in the eye of the beerholder.
At the moment any bike seems to be a good bike....

Cheers!

'eye of the beerholder' - I see what you did there! Lol! ....... but seriously ...I would need to have consumed quite a lot of beer to be loving this colour scheme - it's screaming 80's 'disco/fairground ' at me!







Ride this and you would achieve instant 'special' status !
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:14 AM   #2094
Matt 82
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Matt 82's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Falkirk, Scotland
Oddometer: 193
Scream if you wanna go faster!
__________________
Scotland at 45mph- My ongoing travels around Scotland

My Flickr
Matt 82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:18 AM   #2095
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt 82 View Post
Scream if you wanna go faster!
Just don't eat too much candy floss..... no puking allowed on the ride!....
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:28 AM   #2096
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,658
To be fair .... it can look a lot better with a more restrained colour scheme....

Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #2097
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
'eye of the beerholder' - I see what you did there! Lol! ....... but seriously ...I would need to have consumed quite a lot of beer to be loving this colour scheme - it's screaming 80's 'disco/fairground ' at me!







Ride this and you would achieve instant 'special' status !
Yeah - that's exactly the colour scheme I am looking for! (Wouldn't waste my tires in a burnout, though...)
Although I like that one even better:



D'you think Stu's gonna give away his leathers?
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.


AllBlackPearl screwed with this post 05-11-2012 at 05:43 AM
AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #2098
AllBlackPearl
Alpoholic
 
AllBlackPearl's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Valais, CH
Oddometer: 735
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
To be fair .... it can look a lot better with a more restrained colour scheme....

Naaaah, hate red bikes.
__________________
Before you judge someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you judge them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

AllBlackPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #2099
Kamchat OP
Beastly Adventurer
 
Kamchat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Glasgow
Oddometer: 2,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlackPearl View Post
Yeah - that's exactly the colour scheme I am looking for! (Wouldn't waste my tires in a burnout, though...)
Although I like that one even better:



D'you think Stu's gonna give away his leathers?
You might want to get them altered to make the trousers 'flares' .....

Actually the blue/yellow is an improvement on the purple/silver.....
..... but seriously ..... get the Ace.
Kamchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:25 AM   #2100
bubu
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: France, Normandie
Oddometer: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamchat View Post
'eye of the beerholder' - I see what you did there! Lol! ....... but seriously ...I would need to have consumed quite a lot of beer to be loving this colour scheme - it's screaming 80's 'disco/fairground ' at me!







Ride this and you would achieve instant 'special' status !
YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Congratulations!! A RF 900 F, it's a survivor!!!

What a good bike!!!


__________________
Live To RIDE
bubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014