Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #421
Autobahn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Count me as another satisfied customer. The Beemer Buddies were shipped promptly and arrived with the surprise candy and a "thank you" note from Dave. The installation was quick and simple. They do take some getting used to, but the result is a much more comfortable grip and less fatigue/cramping. Even though it was 84 today, I tried the heated grips and the Buddies have little or no impact. Great product and well worth the price!
Autobahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:34 AM   #422
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobahn View Post
Count me as another satisfied customer. The Beemer Buddies were shipped promptly and arrived with the surprise candy and a "thank you" note from Dave. The installation was quick and simple. They do take some getting used to, but the result is a much more comfortable grip and less fatigue/cramping. Even though it was 84 today, I tried the heated grips and the Buddies have little or no impact. Great product and well worth the price!

Autobahn-

Glad you got your OBB's in good time, and that they went on smoothly. You are in good company with a ton of other folks who feel as you do. I am confident that you will count this farkle as one of your favorite. Thanks so much for your business. I appreciate your positive and complimentary comments.

Best,

Dave R.

adkjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #423
soph9
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,294
sent you an email Dave. We would be in for 2 pairs.
soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #424
cardoctor1
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 527
bought a set a few weeks ago at montgomeryville cycle center. really helped making the bike more comfortable. even the heated grips still work.
IBA#35592
RIDE EVERY RIDE LIKE ITS YOUR LAST
00 R1150GS
cardoctor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #425
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardoctor1 View Post
bought a set a few weeks ago at montgomeryville cycle center. really helped making the bike more comfortable. even the heated grips still work.
cardoctor1-

Great to see you at Montgomeryville. That Bob Jones is a great guy! Also, glad the OGB's helped with making the bike more comfortable. We have found that the more comfortable the pilot, the fewer errors the pilot makes . ie. OGB's=better safety!
And, yes, we designed our grips specifically to concentrate the heat from your heated grips. many report that they now prefer the function of their heated grips with the OGB's in place. Thanks for your valuable input, and the nice things you said.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #426
GS Addict
Pepperfool

Oddometer: 3,604
OK, 2 weeks of riding has passed and I must say they are nice!
My bike is a '00 R1150GS
Initially my hands were cramping as I had been used to the small grips for 12 years. I stuck with the Buddies and it paid off. After a week I was used to them and enjoy the vibration damping as well as the softness, I expect long trips to be easier with these as well.
When I purchased them I had some reservations as to the effectiveness of the heat conduction. To my surprise the grips are actually warmer! I had to turn the heat down or off sooner. I think with the stock grips the heat is only conducted thru the rings of rubber whereas with the Buddies heat is constant over the entire surface.
They are stupidly easy to install and reposition easily if you don't get it right the first time.
A great product IMHO and well priced. Try a set - you won't be disappointed.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #427
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS Addict View Post
OK, 2 weeks of riding has passed and I must say they are nice!
My bike is a '00 R1150GS
Initially my hands were cramping as I had been used to the small grips for 12 years. I stuck with the Buddies and it paid off. After a week I was used to them and enjoy the vibration damping as well as the softness, I expect long trips to be easier with these as well.
When I purchased them I had some reservations as to the effectiveness of the heat conduction. To my surprise the grips are actually warmer! I had to turn the heat down or off sooner. I think with the stock grips the heat is only conducted thru the rings of rubber whereas with the Buddies heat is constant over the entire surface.
They are stupidly easy to install and reposition easily if you don't get it right the first time.
A great product IMHO and well priced. Try a set - you won't be disappointed.

GS Addict-

Great writeup. You are totally awesome
The part I like is that you gave my OBB's a chance to really help you, and they worked exactly as they were designed. What a great feeling for me as a product developer, to know that I might have just hit the mark for a guy suffering 12 whole years from the "skinny, uncomfortable grip syndrome". Bully for you for doing something good to help yourself, and may you ride long and safe.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:38 PM   #428
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph9 View Post
sent you an email Dave. We would be in for 2 pairs.
soph9-

Leslie: I read up on your travels with partner Cheryl. Very impressive adventures! Will be sending out your order in the morning. Thanks for entrusting your business to me.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:51 AM   #429
soph9
Bike Addict

thanks Dave
Old 05-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #430
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Reminder!!!

----NEWSFLASH----

Only 2 more days for the Spring Group Buy (till 5/15/12). May even want to pick up a second set for yourself or a friend at the low price of $19.95 delivered (CONUS).

Get 'em
HERE
, and don't forget to use the coupon codes described below on my sig line.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #431
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Last day for the 20% conus!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST A REMINDER

Today's the last day for the Spring Group Buy. Of course, we still believe our grips are a bargain without the discount, but you know human nature, so:

GET 'EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT, and don't forget to use coupon code "advrider" for CONUS, and "advriderworld" for international orders!!!!!!!!!!!

Order HERE

Best,

Dave R.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #432
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

We now offer FREE SHIPPING CONUS !!!!

Just wanted everyone to know that as of 5/16/12, we are offering FREE SHIPPING to all 50 states (including Hawaii and Alaska). When you are ready to order, just go HERE.

Best,

Dave R.

Old 05-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #433
Beer Bear
Island Adventurer

Oddometer: 8
Installed and work great!!

Just a quick note to let you know that I recently received and installed a set of Beemer Buddies on my F800GS. It is amazing how big a difference a simple fix can make, particulary for those of us with larger hands. Dramatically increase the comfort of the grips. Thanks very much Dave for making my riding experience that much better!!
Beer Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:44 PM   #434
adkjack OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Bear View Post
Just a quick note to let you know that I recently received and installed a set of Beemer Buddies on my F800GS. It is amazing how big a difference a simple fix can make, particulary for those of us with larger hands. Dramatically increase the comfort of the grips. Thanks very much Dave for making my riding experience that much better!!
Beer Bear-

When I get comments like yours in a thread like this it makes my hard days very much worth the effort. You are very kind, and I'm gratified that my grips are helping you to enjoy your ride that much more.

All the best,

Dave R.

Old 05-21-2012, 09:02 PM   #435
soph9
Bike Addict

Just watched your videos Dave...installation seems easy and your BIKE is to die for! What do you have on the clutch side where you replaced the mirror? I see a ram mount...but what is that device. Looking forward to getting our grip buddies soon! BTW...my FB page liked your FB page...