Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #46
crash n bern
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996DL View Post
And you're still punishing yourself after all these years.

Learn to let go of that painful and frankly unforgivable misstep...

996DL
I had let go, I only remembered when I was writing the post and thought "where are the photo's I took". Bothered my friend more as he wasn't taking any photo's of the trip because he was relying on copies of mine.

crash n bern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 PM   #47
BigT
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 835
I still miss my old "Tuber" M2. Great bike, no issues, and except for not having any storage or a place to put anything (including no helmet lock), a ton of fun on long rides.

BigT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #48
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHVol View Post
Go to badweatherbiker , the newer Buells are probably very different from your model.
I have been on Badweb & already posted a little about my 2006 Uly in this thread if you look. I admit that the Uly has pissed me off many more times than the ‘96 S1. Yet the earlier bikes like the S1 often got a bad rap. Yes, they are very different. The S1 is so much easier to work on than the XB models.
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM   #49
STFU
Found

Oddometer: 394
My 2008 XB12Ss was 100% trouble free. It was amazing to ride, and never stopped putting a smile on my face. I will miss it greatly, but it was time for a change (I have Bike ADD)
XR250R
TR200 FATCAT!
STFU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #50
Randy OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,116
"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #51
Randy OP
Beastly Adventurer

Well, thanks for all of the replies and opinions.

I guess that if I want a Honda, I'll buy a Honda...

I realize that the tube frame Buells may not be as refined, and that they may have some issues, but they just look so damn cool to me....

Perhaps it's just something I need to experience for myself one way or the other. Either I'll love it, or I'll realize that I don't but at least I'll have a chance to get it out of my system. But, I am in the mood for a new (to me) bike and there just isn't anything out there right now that really tickles my fancy quite the way this does...

Most especially for the money...

I mean if this was to be an "only bike" I'd pass, In fact, back when these bikes were still in production I was more of a one bike sort of guy, sorta... But since then I've kinda branched out a bit, so I do have something else to handle the practical/reliable/comfortable/two-up/luggage carrying duties.

I'm leaning very heavily in the direction of taking the plunge and trying one of these things out for myself, so wish me luck....

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Old 05-11-2012, 05:00 PM   #52
Saso
chronically restless

Oddometer: 849
Got some new Diablos on the TT today, courtesy of Dave Jenks in his new San Jose location. I almost sold this bike last Fall. So glad I didn't.

Saso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:34 PM   #53
Randy OP
Beastly Adventurer

Ok, so I started this thread a while back when I first started actually considering a Buell for my "new" bike. I was just trying to get a handle on the bikes, so I'd know which way to turn, or whether I should just put them out of my mind.

Thanks to all those that offered their opinions and thoughts, especially those that had positive, real world experiences of their own to share.

Thanks in part to this thread I did purchase my first Buell.

For those that may be interested and that may have missed it, I started a new thread when I got my "new" bike:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790265

Old 05-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #54
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,952
Well done Randy. Those S1's are really sharp looking.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #55
Tom S
Can I ride it?

Oddometer: 4,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
For those that may be interested and that may have missed it, I started a new thread when I got my "new" bike:
I don’t know why you didn’t just add to this thread.
Tom S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:03 AM   #56
Randy OP
Beastly Adventurer

Well, in hindsight I suppose I should have. But, when I first started this thread it was just meant to investigate the concept of purchasing a Buell. Just a way for me to toss the idea around in my head and either talk myself into it, or out of it.

Then, when I actually got the bike I guess I was so stoked that I just didn't think and just started a new thread, with a new title, that reflected the fact that I had bought a Buell, rather than this thread that was meant to be asking about them.

Nah, that probably makes no sense, but... it is what it is...
Old 05-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #57
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

This thread evolved into a Buell motorcycle Pros/Cons thread.
The new thread is bike specific.

Makes sense to me.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:51 AM   #58
Randy OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
This thread evolved into a Buell motorcycle Pros/Cons thread.
The new thread is bike specific.

Makes sense to me.
Well, maybe I'm not crazy after all...

Err, well....

um, goodcat, you are sane, right?

But, yeah, that's what I had in mind when I began the new thread. It's really more about showing off my new toy and giving my opinion of that one particular motorcycle, whereas this thread was more of a pros vs. cons discussion of the Buell motorcycles in general.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #59
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
um, goodcat, you are sane, right?
I certainly won't go on record as ever labeling myself as "sane"....
Old 05-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #60
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
I certainly won't go on record as ever labeling myself as "sane"....
He does take some INSANE Photos!!!! Goodcat, howzit!!!!!