Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
KEN PHENIX OP
"CERTIFIABLE"

Oddometer: 589
Got Me a Box of Crayons . . . . and colored in 19 states

I hadn't seen my older girl since I moved her and new son-in-law to Virginia 2 years ago. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549670

I had a theory that the BB1500 might be a bit easier than the SS1000 if I split the ride into 2 parts with a 4hr nap in the middle.
Here's what was left of me after my ss1000. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=685020

The plan is cast. The Tigress is ready - packed days in advance. We heard a crash early Saturday morning. A dead tree fell across the road. No worries, I fired up the big v-twin turf cruiser and moved the debris out of the roadway to be burned when I return.

April 23: Bullet dodged, I hit the road at dawn. Conditions are perfect, clear and sunny with temps in the 50's and 60's with a slight breeze over my left shoulder.

Not much to report this day as the ride goes by the numbers.

Fuel stop multi-task: I pumped gas with one hand while slamming a burger with the other.

I was surprised to see Interstate 10 rolling and scenic through the Florida panhandle and seemed to stretch on forever. In order to make the 1500 mile requirement, I rode to Jacksonville and even took the south loop around to ensure against coming up short. I crossed the Georgia border on I-95 at midnight and found a cheap room.

4/24: Back on the road at 4:30am eastern time, surprisingly refreshed. So far so good.

I hadn't planned to qualify for a concurrent SS1000 but I stopped and generated a gas receipt in time. Then I spotted a sign that caused a slight diversion.

I made it to Manassas VA with a couple of hours to spare and secured my ticket. . .

. . . and then on to see my girl.
IBA #47092
The 919 Transalp Project
KatanaBandit (sold)
smugmug pics

KEN PHENIX screwed with this post 05-13-2012 at 08:42 AM
KEN PHENIX is offline   Reply With Quote