Alien VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:42 AM   #93
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank.SD View Post
Just ordered my 2012....
Congrats! Please post some pics when you have it.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:03 AM   #94
Alien VFR
Space Jockey

Oddometer: 233
Here's mine:

2006 Buell XB12X Ulysses
Alien VFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #95
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,686
Here's a couple of pics of my 08. It's stock except for bar risers and the C-14 seat. Great bike. I overpaid and bought it right before the dealers started discounting them a lot, but I'm still glad I bought it. My dad has a 2002 Hayabusa, I think I made the right choice going with the Ninja. I prefer this bike, he still can't decide which one he likes better. He rides mine more than his though, so maybe he just won't admit to me which one is his favorite.

I just got the seat and only rode it 4 or 5 miles since then. The verdict is still out on it. It's more comfortable but is a little bit taller, which makes the bars seem lower but gives me a bit more leg room. It's not much, but enough to notice. I may take it off and go back to stock, I'll decide more when I get some miles on it. I sit in the foreword portion of the seat normally, and the comfy part is the back of it. I'll add more once I ride it farther, but it may be for sale soon.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #96
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

I got used to the seat going to NC, I like it a lot better than the stocker. I want to get a little bit taller windscreen someday, but I'm happy for now.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #97
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Oddometer: 1,659
^^ that is a good looking bike.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #98
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwade View Post
^^ that is a good looking bike.
Thanks. I was actually looking for an FJR/Councours/Sprint something when I saw this at the dealer, I couldn't resist.

It had a oil leak issue and there was a battery-killing gremlin at first, but all covered under warranty. It's been a great bike since then. My only complaint is the heat coming off the motor, it's like sitting over a furnace if you are in traffic.

Old 05-25-2012, 03:58 PM   #99
Tuna Helper
Rawrr!

Oddometer: 712
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules083 View Post
Here's a couple of pics of my 08. It's stock except for bar risers and the C-14 seat. Great bike. I overpaid and bought it right before the dealers started discounting them a lot, but I'm still glad I bought it. My dad has a 2002 Hayabusa, I think I made the right choice going with the Ninja. I prefer this bike, he still can't decide which one he likes better. He rides mine more than his though, so maybe he just won't admit to me which one is his favorite.

I just got the seat and only rode it 4 or 5 miles since then. The verdict is still out on it. It's more comfortable but is a little bit taller, which makes the bars seem lower but gives me a bit more leg room. It's not much, but enough to notice. I may take it off and go back to stock, I'll decide more when I get some miles on it. I sit in the foreword portion of the seat normally, and the comfy part is the back of it. I'll add more once I ride it farther, but it may be for sale soon.

There's an '08 just like this at a local dealer, it has after market pipes and some other stuff like grips, windscreen, maybe levers too they don't look stock. They are asking just under 9k for it, and I am highly tempted to buy it. the one issue is my insurance would be close to 1k a year for that and my Buell. I suppose I could trim it down some, I had full coverage on the Buell when I bought it 2 years ago (it's an '08 also).

Somebody talk me out of this...
Tuna Helper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #100
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Helper View Post
Old 05-29-2012, 07:39 AM   #101
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna Helper View Post
There's an '08 just like this at a local dealer, it has after market pipes and some other stuff like grips, windscreen, maybe levers too they don't look stock. They are asking just under 9k for it, and I am highly tempted to buy it. the one issue is my insurance would be close to 1k a year for that and my Buell. I suppose I could trim it down some, I had full coverage on the Buell when I bought it 2 years ago (it's an '08 also).

Seems a bit high to me. I almost traded mine in in 2010 on a leftover VFR, the dealer only offered me $5,000 on it.

I think that the special edition from that year is the best looking, but for that 9K you should be able to buy a different one and still have enough leftover for farkles and gas.

For reasons unknown to me the bikes don't hold their value. That's good news when you are buying a used one, but frustrating for those of us that bought them new. The bike used to be one that I always kept spotless and rode on nice days only, until I realized just how much the value was dropping, regardless of conditions. Now I just ride it whenever I can, and let the miles rack up. It's probably a keeper for me, it's paid off and worth far less than what I'd sell it for.

Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #102
cherrywaves
Adventurer

Oddometer: 76
i ride a REAL bike...2012 Hayabusa! pics to follow... in all seriousness... the 14 is a great ride as well though. my platoon sergeant has one and we ride all the time... to and from work and when we are off. the bikes are virtually identical in capabilities. one has 1349cc and the other 1398 or 1399cc. i have never met a person to be able to tell a difference, nor have i met another rider that rides the bike at that level to discern a difference. alas, both are great... im just a busa guy, personally.
cherrywaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #103
gunrunner 2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrywaves View Post
i ride a REAL bike...2012 Hayabusa! pics to follow... in all seriousness... the 14 is a great ride as well though. my platoon sergeant has one and we ride all the time... to and from work and when we are off. the bikes are virtually identical in capabilities. one has 1349cc and the other 1398 or 1399cc. i have never met a person to be able to tell a difference, nor have i met another rider that rides the bike at that level to discern a difference. alas, both are great... im just a busa guy, personally.

The Busa has 1340cc... The Kaw, up through 2011 has 1352.. The new Kaw has 1441.. & I might add, is a hole nother bike....

gunrunner 2
gunrunner 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #104
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrywaves View Post
I don't know about the newer models, but I have an 08 ZX and my dad has an 02 Hayabusa. The Hayabusa seems to handle a bit better, the ZX is a bit more comfortable with better brakes. They're pretty comparable though, I like both bikes. I liked the seating position better on the ninja, and I'm happy with my decision.

Old 05-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #105
southwade
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules083 View Post
I don't know about the newer models, but I have an 08 ZX and my dad has an 02 Hayabusa. The Hayabusa seems to handle a bit better, the ZX is a bit more comfortable with better brakes. They're pretty comparable though, I like both bikes. I liked the seating position better on the ninja, and I'm happy with my decision.

From what I've read, no first hand expirence, the new ZX14 is easier to ride and is more comfortable than the new 'busa.