Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #7246
doctor_big
It hurts when I fall down

Oddometer: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900rider View Post
I doubt I could get my 950 to do that :)
I know I can't!

Jason
Old 05-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #7247
900rider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 642
I stiffened up compression and rebound at both ends along with cranking the front preload all the way in.

Just got back from a quick 80 mile ride. It is much better. A little rough over crappy pavement but ill live with that. Ill leave it like this a while and see how it goes.
900rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #7248
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctor_big View Post
I know I can't!

Jason
Quit riding like a girl.

I kid, I kid
Old 05-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #7249
Pistolero
W. F. O.

Oddometer: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
Quit riding like a girl.

I kid, I kid
Pistolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #7250
Pistolero
W. F. O.

I have to put new brake pads on my SM because the PO let the forks leak all over the current pads.... sooooo, I was wondering what you guys are running and what you think would be the best... I'd like to avoid excesive rotor wear. I used to run EBC HH pads on all my sport bikes and they performed very well... Just wanted to get the opinion of the pros here.

Thanks guys
Old 05-14-2012, 07:40 AM   #7251
Pistolero
W. F. O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Back View Post
Good day gentlemen ... ,0)

I recently purchased a 07 SM 950 and Im planning on doing some mods on the rear end and the front end.

Does any of you guys have experience with a "cleaner" rear end solution ? Some ideas for a small tail light solution and a smaller license plate holder ? Some photos and tips would be highly appreciated....

Another thing I am considering, is to fit a simpler front light. I have been looking at the front lights that Trail Tech have and I like how simple and "Dirt bike" thay are: http://www.trailtechproducts.co.uk/a...Headlight.html

This would require a custom solution with the stock instrument panel or to fit one of the instruments that Trail Tech have on their web site: http://www.trailtechproducts.co.uk/a...r_Stealth.html

Does any of you have expexiences with the products from Trail tech ?

Thanks a lot for your assistance and for all the very usefull infor in this thread ,0)

All the best.

Michael, DK.
http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-950-990-...moto-tail-tidy

try that ^ for the tidy rear

Welcome new guy I hope you like your bike!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:52 AM   #7252
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,490
So, the Starter Torque limiter kit went in this weekend, no more clacking on start up!!!!! I didn't realize the bike could sound so quiet on startup, mine had gotten so bad toward the end and I got desensitized to it.

Put in new gas lines, BMC air filter, and tightened up the carbs. I seem to have a problem with mine coming loose lately. Rear was unseated. Got her buttoned up and it is now running properly. I think the Head2Wind jetting and prefilter might be next.

Added a little bling on the controls with some KTM orange covers for the front brake resevoir, and clutch resevoir and oil filter cover. (I really want one of CJ's see through clutch covers, hopefully next month!)

I guess I need a smugmug account, can't post pics the old way anymore.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:37 PM   #7253
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,013
Any of you guys switching out tank spoilers, LMK, I will buy your current ones. I have one rashed one, and one cracked one.
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #7254
Michael Back
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
Question Best online store ?

I know i would probably be able to find this somewhere in another forum, but I might as well ask the experts in here... ,0)

I am gonna buy a lot of stuff for an update of my SM950 and Im considering to buy the stuff online.. I am aware that most of the online shops dont sell overseas. However, it says on the KTM Twins homepage that thay do... But how is the price level / service level in their shop ? Do you guys use another online shop ?

Thanks for your tips in advance...

Enjoy your day...

Michael Back, Copenhagen...
Michael Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:02 AM   #7255
Garry
Old and In The Way

Oddometer: 1,209
I have had a good experience with my orders from KTM Twins, but they are never cheap. Seems that everything sells for full retail with no discounts to be had.

I order most of my KTM parts from ktm-parts.com, a shop in WV. In fact, they usually have a 20% off everything sale over Memorial Day weekend (May 26-28 this year). All you need to do is create an online account and then use the discount code they publish. I don't know if they ship overseas or not, but I've been very happy with their pricing and service.
Garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:27 AM   #7256
KHVol
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry View Post
I have had a good experience with my orders from KTM Twins, but they are never cheap. Seems that everything sells for full retail with no discounts to be had.

I order most of my KTM parts from ktm-parts.com, a shop in WV. In fact, they usually have a 20% off everything sale over Memorial Day weekend (May 26-28 this year). All you need to do is create an online account and then use the discount code they publish. I don't know if they ship overseas or not, but I've been very happy with their pricing and service.
Same experience here w/ KTM-parts.com...I was very surprised and pleased at the amount of personal attention I received for my last minute order, gave me calls updates, scrambled around to make it happen. Very impressive service and nice people on top of it.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 AM   #7257
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,013
Any KTM stiff I have ordered, heavily discounted, has been from www.powersportswarehouse.com

eg- OEM wheels MSRP- $620
PW price- $485
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:13 AM   #7258
wpbarlow OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,300
I mostly use the online shopping at http://www.ktmtalk.com/

Great service (helpful, communicative, responsive, shipping, etc.) and the discounts for "lifetime members" (requires an upfront fee) are pretty good. I've probably and literally saved thousands over the past ~8 years.

I've used ktmtwins as well for certain things like wp and oil change kits. No service issues with them whatsoever- also no pricing deals either.

And depending on what you need and their special sale emails try Bike Bandit. When I needed a new rear wheel for my 950SM they were the least expensive by about $50 or so.
wpbarlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #7259
EastSideSM
Isn't that dangerous?

Oddometer: 1,490
ktmtwins - Very good service, might want to check to make sure things are in stock, recently the site has not been updated with all backordered items. An email to someone there usually will do the trick if you ask about specific items and their availability.

CJ Designs stocks various parts for the LC8. He is a very talented inmate here and some of the products are actually his own design. KTMtwins actually carries some of his products also. The clear clutch covers he sells are awesome, they look incredible but also serve as an early warning system for water pump/shaft failures.

Bikebandit and parts unlimited I have used for other OEM parts and tires, brake pads etc.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #7260
eSONG
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 434
my '06 950sm is mostly stock except the canisterectomy...stock exhaust, no engine mods, stock air filter, etc.

do you think the bmc air filter and/or spark plugs will improve fuel economy? anything else i should try?

thanks.
eSONG is offline   Reply With Quote