User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 477 votes, 4.94 average. Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 03:17 PM   #25291
OneZero
TGT of Opportunity

Oddometer: 270
Sniper - I appreciate the tip. I wish I could say the thought had crossed my mind because it seems kind of obvious, but it really hadn't! I've kept it stashed away for so long that I tend to forget I even have it.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #25292
Sniper X
De Oppresso Liber

Oddometer: 33,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneZero View Post
Sniper - I appreciate the tip. I wish I could say the thought had crossed my mind because it seems kind of obvious, but it really hadn't! I've kept it stashed away for so long that I tend to forget I even have it.
I had to get three of my guns appraised when I told the insurance company I had a few guns worth way more then their standard counterparts. One was my Erma SR100, the Python 2.5in, and a super trick Wilson 1911. I got them appraised and the agent insured them for exactly what I had the app for plus 10% and said if they go up in value, to let him know and he would take my word for it. The appraisals only cost me $50.00. Total.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #25293
HardCase
winter is coming

Oddometer: 9,699
Shifting gears a bit, and maybe this ought to be in the shotgun thread, I was wondering whether any of the inmates has ever taken a tactical shotgun course from one of the shooting schools, Gunsight, Thunder Ranch, etc? About a decade ago a friend of mine & I were teaching a basic handgun safety and self-defense course which allowed graduates to obtain a CCW permit. We decided to try to put together and teach a tactical shotgun class, but we never got off the ground with it, not enough interest at the time plus we didn't really know what we were doing. I imagine DVDs are available now, but I'm thinking I'd like to take a course and just wondered if anyone has any experience with it?

Hard cases make bad law.
HardCase is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #25294
EvilGenius
1.5 Finger Discount

Oddometer: 20,305
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCase View Post
Shifting gears a bit, and maybe this ought to be in the shotgun thread, I was wondering whether any of the inmates has ever taken a tactical shotgun course from one of the shooting schools, Gunsight, Thunder Ranch, etc? About a decade ago a friend of mine & I were teaching a basic handgun safety and self-defense course which allowed graduates to obtain a CCW permit. We decided to try to put together and teach a tactical shotgun class, but we never got off the ground with it, not enough interest at the time plus we didn't really know what we were doing. I imagine DVDs are available now, but I'm thinking I'd like to take a course and just wondered if anyone has any experience with it?

I too, am interested in this.

"Never bring a Nerf gun to a shovel fight." - My Brother
EvilGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #25295
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
How do you come to that determination? Is there a site for commemorative 1911s?
trololololo

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #25296
xshanex
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
I've never fired any other 10mm, now that I think of it. I almost bought a Glock in that caliber once, but don't like Glocks so decided against it. I wonder if they fling the brass into the next county? If you have 5K+ rounds through yours, how is it holding up? Any battering of the frame and/or slide? I think the fact that the brass goes flying says something about the velocity of the slide rebounding, so one would expect some peening eventually....

I try to replace the recoil spring in my 1911s every 1500 rounds or so as I believe they weaken over time. I don't think I've ever had to replace an extractor.

shot my uncle's new delta elite back to back with my glock 20 this weekend and the glock didn't fling them quite as far.

Wasn't that impressed with the delta elite though. Gorgeous looking gun but had a ftf when shooting it and it wasn't as natural and easy to shoot like most 1911s,
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #25297
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper X View Post
I had to get three of my guns appraised when I told the insurance company I had a few guns worth way more then their standard counterparts. One was my Erma SR100, the Python 2.5in, and a super trick Wilson 1911. I got them appraised and the agent insured them for exactly what I had the app for plus 10% and said if they go up in value, to let him know and he would take my word for it. The appraisals only cost me $50.00. Total.
I have found the same to be true for me, I have a few things that are not quite the normal 38 snub, and all the insurance company wanted was an appraisal from someone saying this is what they are and this is what they are worth....had the same with my classic cars. Both are done with normal insurance companies, the cars with farmers, and the guns with a rider on the home owners policy....Cars have to live inside, guns in a good safe....that was it. Never had to file a claim, but the experence was all in all very good.

Back to gun stuff looks like I might be picking up a nice non-import marked 98k later this week....pretty happy about that.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:13 AM   #25298
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by xshanex View Post
shot my uncle's new delta elite back to back with my glock 20 this weekend and the glock didn't fling them quite as far.

Wasn't that impressed with the delta elite though. Gorgeous looking gun but had a ftf when shooting it and it wasn't as natural and easy to shoot like most 1911s,
A new mag spring will likely fix that. Do you know if he keeps the mag loaded? They will eventually relax and cause problems. It takes a long time.
NOMADS
SkidMarx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #25299
clevishook
stevedore

Oddometer: 1,474
Quote:

Sorry about my periodic/frequent rambles on here. I just love talking guns and most of my friends locally are more tepid in their interest than I am..... Thanks for bearing with me, guys!

Don't worry about the rambling. I think that is what this thread is designed for.
Now, I'd like to ramble.
So I posted about having to return a new production Marlin 1984 in .357 because of the fit between stock and receiver.
I also have posted several times about wanting a lever carbine in .357 to match a Ruger Blackhawk.
Last night after depositing the Marlin return check I went on GunBroker while having a couple of drinks.
You guessed it, I over bid on a Winchester Trapper in .357 and won by accident. I swear it was an accident.
Now I have to pay for it and hope it is not discovered (if you know what I mean).
clevishook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #25300
Kris
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 161
I'm gonna throw this on one last time, anyone here own or have shot a CZ83 in .380? Interested in getting one but must be bought without seeing in person as no local stores have this. Looking for any opinions anyone wants to share on this gun.
Kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #25301
xshanex
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
A new mag spring will likely fix that. Do you know if he keeps the mag loaded? They will eventually relax and cause problems. It takes a long time.

He just got it about 2 months ago and it was brand new with new magazines when he got it. He only has loaded mags on his carry guns. My mom had the same problem and we thought it was her limp wristing it or something. I definitely was not when it happened to me. For a $900 gun with a good reputation that was broken in and clean I was suprised it wasn't perfect
xshanex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #25302
5S Dude
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Here's a shot of my two favorite hand guns...

Old 05-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #25303
ChristianRider
SwampFox

Oddometer: 86
Built this before the Piston kits had come out. The barrel is a 7" Kitty-Kat, got the upper and all other parts from Model1Sales, lower is a Lauer "Pistol" lower... The knife is a SOG trident.

My First AR Build
ChristianRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #25304
Powers77
2009 GSA

Oddometer: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I'm gonna throw this on one last time, anyone here own or have shot a CZ83 in .380? Interested in getting one but must be bought without seeing in person as no local stores have this. Looking for any opinions anyone wants to share on this gun.
Sorry, can't comment on the CZ but I recently picked up a Sig Sauer P238.
Went to the range Sunday and put another 100 rounds through it and despite its size its one of my best shooting pistols as far as accuracy. I was shooting about 5" groups at 15 yards, no problem and I'm not what I'd call a real good shot.
Starting to really like the gun.
Like you, I'd like the shoot a CZ as well but at this point probably in a larger caliber.
Powers77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:27 PM   #25305
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powers77 View Post
Sorry, can't comment on the CZ but I recently picked up a Sig Sauer P238.
That's what I've been carrying.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: