Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2012, 04:10 PM   #11011
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanantos View Post
I started typing a reply to challenge your logic and realized it is useless.

Your experience in your trailer park has defined how you see the world and understand it. Nothing can change that.

Brilliant reply!

Put your wife in front of the keyboard would you Sally.
Red9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #11012
White Tenere
Look a moose

Oddometer: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red9 View Post
Take those assless chaps off and borrow a pair from the wife.
All chaps are assless or else they'd just be leather pants...
White Tenere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:14 PM   #11013
MiamiMotorcyclist
used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer: 1,868
Quote:
Thank you.
You provided your own answers.

I guess once a person matures a bit their view changes as to what constitutes acceptable risk.
All a grows man needs to do is ask himself, "Would I feel comfortable if the passenger was my daughter? Would I rip the balls off and kill the fricking squid if he injured her?"

Well, would you?
Most men feel part of their job is to protect the women in their lives...
At least the Harley guys do...
I think she is smart enough to choose her own fate. She is wearing gear and trusts the rider. That is about it.
Yes I would feel awful if I were him and wrecked and hurt her even knowing she chose to be there and wanted to be going that pace.

Some people choose to bungie jump or jump from planes. Many people think we are all crazy just getting on a motorcycle. I think she is intelligent enough to be geared up and has chosen to be where she is. Probably even encourages the pace.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #11014
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMotorcyclist View Post
I think she is smart enough to choose her own fate. She is wearing gear and trusts the rider. That is about it.
Yes I would feel awful if I were him and wrecked and hurt her even knowing she chose to be there and wanted to be going that pace.

Some people choose to bungie jump or jump from planes. Many people think we are all crazy just getting on a motorcycle. I think she is intelligent enough to be geared up and has chosen to be where she is. Probably even encourages the pace.

I agree to some extent.
But I don't agree with him putting her in a position where he chooses her fate. She's just a passenger.
Been there done that and not proud of it.

I find it funny how if a HD rider puts a car tire on the back of his bike he's an idiot according to many here.
Yet when some squid decides to use a puclic road as a test track "with a young lady on the back" it is excusable as both are smart enough to be able to "choose their own fate."

By the way, I once was racing on the street and hit a car which ran a red light. Her fault but.... I wouldn't have hit her if I hadn't been speeding.... my fault. The first thing I thought of and remember to this day is thinking "what if my wife or one of my children had been with me?" Because a long time ago, I had done the same thing with them along.

Bottom line is, she trusts him with her life and he is doing a shitty job of protecting it.

(and a lot of what I said earlier was sarcasm )
Old 05-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #11015
MiamiMotorcyclist
used to be -MiamiUly

Oddometer: 1,868
Quote:
I agree to some extent.
But I don't agree with him putting her in a position where he chooses her fate. She's just a passenger.
Been there done that and not proud of it.

I find it funny how if a HD rider puts a car tire on the back of his bike he's an idiot according to many here.
Yet when some squid decides to use a puclic road as a test track "with a young lady on the back" it is excusable as both are smart enough to be able to "choose their own fate."

By the way, I once was racing on the street and hit a car which ran a red light. Her fault but.... I wouldn't have hit her if I hadn't been speeding.... my fault. The first thing I thought of and remember to this day is thinking "what if my wife or one of my children had been with me?" Because a long time ago, I had done the same thing with them along.

Bottom line is, she trusts him with her life and he is doing a shitty job of protecting it.

(and a lot of what I said earlier was sarcasm )
I too am glad I never hurt anyone along the way through life. Certainly took some chances with a willing passenger in the day. In cars too.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #11016
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Oddometer: 4,174
205 but needs another look.

TrashCan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #11017
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,248
Quote:

You wanna risk your life on a public road that's your right.
You mean riding a bike? On a road? With a passenger?
Risk is on a spectrum, so you're on there too somewhere, and if you ever had a passenger then you're guilty too.

I wouldn't do what he's doing either, but you have no idea who he is, who she is, what their skill level is. Other than:

... for sure he's not a squid. He can corner well and they're both dressed right. If he had sandals, she had a tank top, and they were doing 280 in a straight line I'd give you "squid".

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/squid
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #11018
Red9
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikY. View Post
You mean riding a bike? On a road? With a passenger?
Risk is on a spectrum, so you're on there too somewhere, and if you ever had a passenger then you're guilty too.

I wouldn't do what he's doing either, but you have no idea who he is, who she is, what their skill level is. Other than:

... for sure he's not a squid. He can corner well and they're both dressed right. If he had sandals, she had a tank top, and they were doing 280 in a straight line I'd give you "squid".

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/squid
S.Q.U.I.D.
Super Quick Until I Die.
That is what it meant back in the 70's and no wishing can change it.

And what's with this, "You mean riding a bike? On a road? With a passenge?"
Damn... I wish I had a nickle for every time I have had to listen to this lame ass captain obvious crap.
Yeah. We all accept the risk... What you just start riding and figure it out?

You see, I don't give a crap what his skill level is.
He doesn't know what may be on the road around the next corner. He doesn't know who may veer into his lane. He has no idea what may dart out in front of him.
These are all reasons why racing is held on a close course where these variables can be managed.

Bottom line is; "how do you think he would feel after crashing and taking her life?"

Do you think he would enjoy the smug self-certainty you credit him with.
Don't think so.

He is placing her life in danger and either too stupid or too careless or too immature to care. Not only is he a SQUID, he is a dangerous SQUID.

I'd kill the mofo if he was riding like that and crashed with my daughter on the back. And I think most father's would feel the same way.

Cept for Sally. He would get his wife to kill him.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #11019
ouray rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
If you were king

Last time I checked it was a free country.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:36 PM   #11020
ErikY.
Here, Now.

Oddometer: 2,248
Quote:
S.Q.U.I.D.
Super Quick Until I Die.
That is what it meant back in the 70's and no wishing can change it.

And what's with this, "You mean riding a bike? On a road? With a passenge?"
Damn... I wish I had a nickle for every time I have had to listen to this lame ass captain obvious crap.
Yeah. We all accept the risk... What you just start riding and figure it out?

You see, I don't give a crap what his skill level is.
He doesn't know what may be on the road around the next corner. He doesn't know who may veer into his lane. He has no idea what may dart out in front of him.
These are all reasons why racing is held on a close course where these variables can be managed.

Bottom line is; "how do you think he would feel after crashing and taking her life?"

Do you think he would enjoy the smug self-certainty you credit him with.
Don't think so.

He is placing her life in danger and either too stupid or too careless or too immature to care. Not only is he a SQUID, he is a dangerous SQUID.

I'd kill the mofo if he was riding like that and crashed with my daughter on the back. And I think most father's would feel the same way.

Cept for Sally. He would get his wife to kill him.

I get it; there's a lot I agree with and other stuff I don't.
But maybe you could say shit without shitting on people.

That's all.
Erik
ErikY. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #11021
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,326
It seems like I have looked at a lot of pictures on this thread featuring people crashing their bikes with a passenger wearing a tank top and sometimes shorts and flip flops, and fake helmets.
But in the picture causing all the fuss, they both look to have spent a lot of money on gear.
I don't think you buy gear like that expecting to go slow, and you would not spend the money unless you planed on going fast.
I have seem many do a lot worse, riding down a deadly road on a chopper, girl in tank top and shorts.

He is on his side of the road, is not crashing, and I think some people just get old and do not like to see people having fun.
NJ-Brett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #11022
B.Curvin
Feral Chia tamer

Oddometer: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP N MTNS View Post
All chaps are assless or else they'd just be leather pants...

Get me a beer and a bac'n sammich noob.

Porsche Audi VW
B.Curvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #11023
perterra
-. --- .--. .

Oddometer: 7,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ-Brett View Post
He is on his side of the road, is not crashing, and I think some people just get old and do not like to see people having fun.

Or they know someone who has been hurt badly or killed by someone else looking for that adrenaline rush.

IBA 22425
perterra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #11024
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Quote:
S.Q.U.I.D.

This may not be the best thread for you.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #11025
TrashCan
Scary Jerry

Some locals make it look easy.