ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-14-2012, 07:23 PM   #3286
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man
 
bobzilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost & Found again in the Great Basin
Oddometer: 874
Rally replica uses a different stator and pulser from ralley replica and super mmoto and the coil is from most of the exc's up to 05

funny the replica dont list a cdi box.....must be made of unobtinium

41fcr for the carb
__________________
Ride the DEZ
05 FE 550 Husaberg plated
08 FE 650 Husaberg plated
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #3287
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 4,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
Rally replica uses a different stator and pulser from ralley replica and super mmoto and the coil is from most of the exc's up to 05

funny the replica dont list a cdi box.....must be made of unobtinium

41fcr for the carb
thought there was a cdi box listed in the fiche for the rr...might be the same as the 450rr
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #3288
The Letter J
lost in the 690 mega
 
The Letter J's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Oddometer: 748
950 se rear rotor

I need to replace my rear brake rotor NOW! Before I plunk down my hard earned $$$, can anyone verify that the stock 950SE floating rear rotor is a direct bolt on? I know Galfer makes a rear floating wave rotor, but $130 for a non-wave floating rotor sounds like a better value to me than $250 for the wave. I currently have a 690RR rotor (bent) and the 950SE rotor looks the same but is a floater. If I had just bought the Scott's sharkfin a long time ago I wouldn't be having this dilemma now

On a related topic, does anyone have a preffered set of rear brake pads (along with a part number?) I was just going to buy another set of OEM pads unless there is something that is noticeably better out there.
The Letter J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #3289
Ryman
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Oddometer: 763
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Letter J View Post
I need to replace my rear brake rotor NOW! Before I plunk down my hard earned $$$, can anyone verify that the stock 950SE floating rear rotor is a direct bolt on? I know Galfer makes a rear floating wave rotor, but $130 for a non-wave floating rotor sounds like a better value to me than $250 for the wave. I currently have a 690RR rotor (bent) and the 950SE rotor looks the same but is a floater. If I had just bought the Scott's sharkfin a long time ago I wouldn't be having this dilemma now

On a related topic, does anyone have a preffered set of rear brake pads (along with a part number?) I was just going to buy another set of OEM pads unless there is something that is noticeably better out there.
I have the 950 rotor on my bike and it's perfect.
Also it doesn't wear out like the stock rotor. I wore mine out with one set of pads.
__________________

Utards in Baja
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=674444

Ryman screwed with this post 05-14-2012 at 08:45 PM
Ryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 PM   #3290
Mudguts
when in doubt GAS IT
 
Mudguts's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Some were in , lostralia
Oddometer: 2,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
thought there was a cdi box listed in the fiche for the rr...might be the same as the 450rr
the Vortex test bed was a 690rr I guarantee richard can to it
Mudguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #3291
beaney
rally racer
 
beaney's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: uk, or on a rally.
Oddometer: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
Rally replica uses a different stator and pulser from ralley replica and super mmoto and the coil is from most of the exc's up to 05

funny the replica dont list a cdi box.....must be made of unobtinium

41fcr for the carb
The stator and pulse coil are the same between the rallye rep and the enduro.

# 8 on drawing CDI DIGITAL BOX
690 RALLY FACTORY REPLICA


Order multiple parts from this assembly

Genuine Part

Bike:
690 RALLY FACTORY REPLICA
Assembly:
BATTERY
Part Number:
76239031000
Special Order
Delivered within 5 working days.



  • 166.70* + VAT (200.04 inc VAT)
* The price quoted for this part is based on the manufacturers price for the item. Occasionally however, some parts are superceded by alternative components provided by these manufacturers that also mean the price is different to that shown. Should this be the case with any parts within your order, Speedaway will contact you to advise you of this as well as offer you a refund for the part in question.
__________________
690 enduro/ rally
350 exc
RALLY-RAIDPRODUCTS.CO.UK

beaney screwed with this post 05-15-2012 at 12:18 AM
beaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #3292
Beer'o'clock Baz
?
 
Beer'o'clock Baz's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Toowoomba
Oddometer: 1,701
Ive mentioned this brand and company the last time i had dealings with them but they havnt let me down again - bought a guard it tech rear rack from adventure spec from the UK here in three days thats twice ive bought from them and twice delivered to australia in three days and the guard it products are the ducks,Three days delivered from the uk to australia unbelievable im stoked
Beer'o'clock Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:37 AM   #3293
bobzilla
Dirty Old Man
 
bobzilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Lost & Found again in the Great Basin
Oddometer: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaney View Post
The stator and pulse coil are the same between the rallye rep and the enduro.

# 8 on drawing CDI DIGITAL BOX
690 RALLY FACTORY REPLICA


Order multiple parts from this assembly

Genuine Part

Bike:
690 RALLY FACTORY REPLICA
Assembly:
BATTERY
Part Number:
76239031000
Special Order
Delivered within 5 working days.



  • 166.70* + VAT (200.04 inc VAT)
* The price quoted for this part is based on the manufacturers price for the item. Occasionally however, some parts are superceded by alternative components provided by these manufacturers that also mean the price is different to that shown. Should this be the case with any parts within your order, Speedaway will contact you to advise you of this as well as offer you a refund for the part in question.
dooooh! i should have looked under the battery tab. The part numbers for the pulser and stator are different for the rally rep but you say the enduro r will work with the cdi?

i am really tired of trying to make this bike work right... it seems every time i get one weakness fixed another pops up.

does anybody know if the workshop manual has voltage and resistance measurements that can help me trouble shoot the loss of 12 v at the coil? i dont mind paying for the book but want to be sure it has that kind of info first

thanks beany
__________________
Ride the DEZ
05 FE 550 Husaberg plated
08 FE 650 Husaberg plated
01 DR Frankenbike 650
76 CB750
bobzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #3294
Pundy
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: North of North New Portland
Oddometer: 338
Ok guys, you're freaking me out here. I'm building up my 690 for travel and don't want to be left on the side of the road. Is it your opinion that if I only replace the fuel pump (or carry a spare), and leave the rest of the bike stock (i.e. no Vortex, no foam air filter, etc) that I stand the best chance of getting a reliable bike?

I just can't believe all the stories here, and yet Sherri has ridden her bike round the world with almost no hiccups (until recently, apparently some mechanic inflicted motor trouble). It does not seem that she's had any trouble with the fuel injection or electronics.

Thoughts?
Pundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:35 AM   #3295
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner
 
Albie's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: NWA
Oddometer: 8,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundy View Post
Ok guys, you're freaking me out here. I'm building up my 690 for travel and don't want to be left on the side of the road. Is it your opinion that if I only replace the fuel pump (or carry a spare), and leave the rest of the bike stock (i.e. no Vortex, no foam air filter, etc) that I stand the best chance of getting a reliable bike?

I just can't believe all the stories here, and yet Sherri has ridden her bike round the world with almost no hiccups (until recently, apparently some mechanic inflicted motor trouble). It does not seem that she's had any trouble with the fuel injection or electronics.

Thoughts?
My thought? It's a motorcycle, just ride the damn thing and stop trying to overthink it.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #3296
Maurizio
2 smoker
 
Maurizio's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2003
Location: Turin, Italy
Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
My thought? It's a motorcycle, just ride the damn thing and stop trying to overthink it.
+1

Shit happens, but don't live waiting for it...
__________________
maurizio
'14 250 EXC E "Sparkling Orange"
'08 FLHCTUSE3 - '76 CB 750 F ss
sold: '03 950 adv s, '05 450 exc, '08 690 e
Maurizio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:55 AM   #3297
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzilla View Post
dooooh! i should have looked under the battery tab. The part numbers for the pulser and stator are different for the rally rep but you say the enduro r will work with the cdi?

i am really tired of trying to make this bike work right... it seems every time i get one weakness fixed another pops up.

does anybody know if the workshop manual has voltage and resistance measurements that can help me trouble shoot the loss of 12 v at the coil? i dont mind paying for the book but want to be sure it has that kind of info first

thanks beany
I just bought a parts lot from a local racer on a 690 SMC, it's supposed to include a carb conversion kit with all OEM parts (probably 690 Rally?). He mentioned a 41mm carb with TPS, flywheel, ignition coil, wiring harness and ECU.

Looking at the microfiche this appears to be correct as all those parts are different from the standard 690 E/R/SMC etc.

I'll post some info once I get the stuff in the garage. Maybe it's time I finally step up and actually get a 690 after reading pretty much every post in both this and the old threads!!!

LukasM screwed with this post 05-15-2012 at 07:18 AM
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #3298
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pundy View Post
Ok guys, you're freaking me out here. I'm building up my 690 for travel and don't want to be left on the side of the road. Is it your opinion that if I only replace the fuel pump (or carry a spare), and leave the rest of the bike stock (i.e. no Vortex, no foam air filter, etc) that I stand the best chance of getting a reliable bike?

I just can't believe all the stories here, and yet Sherri has ridden her bike round the world with almost no hiccups (until recently, apparently some mechanic inflicted motor trouble). It does not seem that she's had any trouble with the fuel injection or electronics.

Thoughts?
You can have a look at what fuel system the KTM team runs in long distance races to know how much they trust the fuel injection system themselves....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
My thought? It's a motorcycle, just ride the damn thing and stop trying to overthink it.
As long as you AA is just a cell phone call away, sure thing. But how many times has your 690 been outside of the US Albie?
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:16 AM   #3299
ramjet
Beastly Adventurer
 
ramjet's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Super F'd Up N. California
Oddometer: 2,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
...
Looking at the microfiche this appears to be correct as all those parts are different from the standard 690 E/R/SMC etc...
Could you post a link or PM it to me on that, Lukas? Thanks.
__________________

Qui Desiderant Pacem Preparate Bellum
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:21 AM   #3300
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet View Post
Could you post a link or PM it to me on that, Lukas? Thanks.
Sure thing Ron, let me know your email address and I'll send you the Rally microfiche.
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014