Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #28591
byron555
Lame Duck Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,108
me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapid Dog View Post
Lots of info on that here (try search this thread tool), and at the WR250R/X Forum.
I opted for the 3gal over the 4.7 for several reasons.
I'm not crossing the Gobi desert, (I'll stop for gas at least every 150 miles no matter what).
More gas means more weight. More weight while slogging along through sand whoops and eroded forest roads where I tend to ride isn't a bonus.
The price is right and the install is a sanp.
Food fer thot...
My thoughts exactly... I do not have the $$$ or time (wish i did, good on you.... cheers) I need a good commuter with good mpg and reliability... wr is perfect
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=997633
byron555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #28592
PYG RYDR
Adventure-Dual Sport

Oddometer: 353
Just rode 250 miles on my 4.75 tank and put 4 gallons in. So, I had at least .75 left. Ran strong and did not sputter or miss a beat.
There are two things to aim at in life: first, to get what you want; and, after that, to enjoy it.
Only the wisest of humans achieve the second.
Logan Pearsall Smith
PYG RYDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #28593
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
Anyone mount up the 4.75 gallon IMS tank?
Yep, and wouldn't be without it. Many places we ride around here can take you 200 miles or more on a ride, w/o a gas station to be seen. Works great. And I can actually ride to work without getting gas every single day (85 mi commute).

2 minor issues on mounting. The left side (as sitting on the bike) black plastic "guard" or deflector that goes in front of your tank (not sure the proper name) will interfere with the IMS tank. You could toss it, but that leaves some electrical items uncovered. I trimmed mine, felt it looked better. Also, when you eliminate the stock tank covers/air intakes, the above mentioned black plastic piece is loose. There are bosses around the tapped holes where the screws go...without the tank cover the screws can't draw down on the plastic. No biggie, I drilled a couple thick washers out to fill the space.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #28594
Ravyn
nubblies need to die!

Oddometer: 640
Cool2

Thanks for the tips, IdahoRenegade
BTW - 85 mile commute
Please tell me that's not on the stock log splitter - er, I mean 'seat'
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
Yep, and wouldn't be without it. Many places we ride around here can take you 200 miles or more on a ride, w/o a gas station to be seen. Works great. And I can actually ride to work without getting gas every single day (85 mi commute).

2 minor issues on mounting. The left side (as sitting on the bike) black plastic "guard" or deflector that goes in front of your tank (not sure the proper name) will interfere with the IMS tank. You could toss it, but that leaves some electrical items uncovered. I trimmed mine, felt it looked better. Also, when you eliminate the stock tank covers/air intakes, the above mentioned black plastic piece is loose. There are bosses around the tapped holes where the screws go...without the tank cover the screws can't draw down on the plastic. No biggie, I drilled a couple thick washers out to fill the space.
Aprilia Tuono, Aprilia Futura, BMW S1000RR, BMW K1200R, BMW K1200S, BMW R1100S, BMW R1100RS, BMW R1100GS, Ducati Multistrada 1200s, Ducati MTS 1000, Ducati M900s, Honda CBR600RR, Honda RC51, Honda VFR, Husqvarna SM610, KTM 990 Super Duke, KTM 950 ADV, KTM 450 EXC, Moto Guzzi Griso 8V Tenni, Triumph 1050 Speed Triple, Triumph Speed Triple 955, Yamaha WR250X
Ravyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #28595
Scott_PDX
Leisure Engineer

Oddometer: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
I just returned form a 4,000 mile trip and the tank worked just fine so I would consider it reliable and it isn't much wider than the stock tank so you don't really notice it while riding.
Holy crap Al, 4000 miles! Where did you go, and did you do a trip report? I'd love to see your little WR in exotic places.

My MotovLog (Youtube Videos): http://www.youtube.com/user/scottb572/videos

Where Am I via SPOT (Code SCT): http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719703
Scott_PDX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #28596
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,878
I went to Baja, no I haven't done a report. I have several gigs of pics to go through.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #28597
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
go-race suspension

Big box was waiting for me when I got home from work. Travis had worked his magic on the stock suspenders and rear shock. Gonna slap it all back together, and test it out. Plates are expired now, wonder if anyone will notice?
Old 05-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #28598
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2RideMore View Post
Big box was waiting for me when I got home from work. Travis had worked his magic on the stock suspenders and rear shock. Gonna slap it all back together, and test it out. Plates are expired now, wonder if anyone will notice?
Ride report please.
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 PM   #28599
Oh2RideMore
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
got in a short ride around the block

Took forever to get that rear shock in, as the new rear spring is a slightly larger diameter than stock. Travis put new springs on both rear and front to match my weight. Tires need replacing now, so couldn't get a good bite of the grass before my jumps and after, but it really is less jarring on landing now. Really loving this setup, can not wait to take it on forest road ride. Replacing the tires later this week, and taking it up to get inspection and plates renewed. Planning a ride this weekend down in the ozarks. Love the go-race logos on the forks. Lets go riding!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:05 PM   #28600
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oh2RideMore View Post
Took forever to get that rear shock in, as the new rear spring is a slightly larger diameter than stock. Travis put new springs on both rear and front to match my weight. Tires need replacing now, so couldn't get a good bite of the grass before my jumps and after, but it really is less jarring on landing now. Really loving this setup, can not wait to take it on forest road ride. Replacing the tires later this week, and taking it up to get inspection and plates renewed. Planning a ride this weekend down in the ozarks. Love the go-race logos on the forks. Lets go riding!
Logo's are cool but bottom line is it $500+ or - better??
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #28601
rickcj7
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 455
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ TOM View Post
Logo's are cool but bottom line is it $500+ or - better??
The rear suspension on my Husa is $500 better than my WRR. After riding a bike with good sus, anything has to be better than stock.

Now if I can get the Husa a couple inches lower I'd be set.

WR250R sold
FE450E sold
XT, NX, KLX, KLR, DR all long gone.
rickcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #28602
Bgunn
Mucha distancia

Oddometer: 1,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loud Al View Post
I went to Baja, no I haven't done a report. I have several gigs of pics to go through.

Hey Al,

Seems like only yesterday that our small group of 23 was on a Baja trip. Things that stick in my mind are, your sore knee, and the healing power of tequilla..

I've done a few runs down there on the WR. Great Baja tool.

Like to see some of your Baja pics....
Bgunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #28603
Loud Al

Oddometer: 3,878
Hard to believe we were down there 4 years ago, I'm still working on my pics. I will post some up when I get through them.

Allan
Loud Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:21 AM   #28604
Olmer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 112
Raid de L'amitié (Marocco)

Bock from the "Raid de l'Amitié" in Marocco, the WRR performed flawlessly, like last year (but not so good in sand and fesh-fesh !)

Regards,

Olivier.
Olmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #28605
DesertRatliff
Tinker Tinker Ride Ride

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olmer View Post
Bock from the "Raid de l'Amitié" in Marocco, the WRR performed flawlessly, like last year (but not so good in sand and fesh-fesh !)

Regards,

Olivier.
Amazing photos. Thanks for sharing!!