User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 12:56 AM   #211
K2m

Oddometer: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bike View Post
It's a wonder how we ever tuned our bikes back in the days before electronics huh.

A day with a wide band is all it takes. You would never tune without one. Have you ever tuned using the wet mark in the head pipe of an expansion chamber
K2m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:35 AM   #212
K2m

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankshaft View Post
Herbst passed me just outside El Arco in the rocky stretch and Robby caught
me on a sand road on the way to San Ignatio. I was going 90-100 and he went by like I was sitting still. He went wide, so it was a nice pass. The experience was easier than I thought honestly

The Sand whoops in San Filepe sucked
I must say that " Kiss my Ass" interview at the end of the days stage, an interview that would never gone to air had it been pre-recorded, in this years Dakar, has made me a Robby Gordon fan for life . Especially in light of Peterhansel and Depraved's bad sportsmanship behaviour and ASO's "European" to win at all cost............. What Bullshit !!!. If Africa race was shown on TV............ good by Dakar.

Not to be out done (by you )

My new motor...... 3lt/H6 ........ It's 10.7:1 (Faaaaaak) want to boost to 6-7psi ....that's all ...on those pistons...... What Turbo do I need???? 35/40 maybe

Old 05-17-2012, 02:08 AM   #213
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by K2m View Post
I must say that " Kiss my Ass" interview at the end of the days stage, an interview that would never gone to air had it been pre-recorded, in this years Dakar, has made me a Robby Gordon fan for life . Especially in light of Peterhansel and Depraved's bad sportsmanship behaviour and ASO's "European" to win at all cost............. What Bullshit !!!. If Africa race was shown on TV............ good by Dakar.

Not to be out done (by you )

My new motor...... 3lt/H6 ........ It's 10.7:1 (Faaaaaak) want to boost to 6-7psi ....that's all ...on those pistons...... What Turbo do I need???? 35/40 maybe

Not untill Cosworth comes up with proper crank and cilynders for H6, any boost will destroy it
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:07 AM   #214
K2m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yascher View Post
Not untill Cosworth comes up with proper crank and cilynders for H6, any boost will destroy it
Would the EG33 (10:1) be a better choice??? It's a bit long so requires a radiator relocation +........

Old 05-17-2012, 05:28 AM   #215
Yascher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 388
Quote:
Would the EG33 (10:1) be a better choice??? It's a bit long so requires a radiator relocation +........

Why bother with unreliable boxxers, when you guys have good access to unreliable 3rotors with huge turbos being no probs for over 1000bhp?
Yascher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #216
K2m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yascher View Post
Why bother with unreliable boxxers, when you guys have good access to unreliable 3rotors with huge turbos being no probs for over 1000bhp?
I said 6psi not 60 you fucking idiot. I'm asking a serious question and you fuck around. Now we will be accused of being off topic. There are people in this thread that may be able to give advice on this subject. I do not need this shit from children like you !!!!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #217
moto-treks
Back Home

Oddometer: 1,771
Quote:
... Now we will be accused of being off topic ...

Moto-Treks
moto-treks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #218
dad2bike
Cranky Old Fart

Oddometer: 3,398
Is this the ktm air box thread?
Is this a motorcycle forum?

Just kidding guys. Lol

Sent from outer space with my Thunderbolt
My2Wheels
690 WIKI
dad2bike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #219
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 675
Has anyone put together a dyno run with these filters yet? Or finalized some jetting?
You know, actual useful information.
Old 06-10-2012, 05:33 PM   #220
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRonski View Post
Has anyone put together a dyno run with these filters yet? Or finalized some jetting?
You know, actual useful information.
Nope.....
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:09 PM   #221
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,030
Gotta love the commercial sellers who use a forum intended to share ideas and information to instead sell product. I coulda swore there was a vendor section for those who intend to sell instead of offer help.
Johnf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #222
Chuckracer
Jerkus Maximus

Oddometer: 7,507
He was just answering a question.

Chuckracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #223
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckracer View Post
He was just answering a question.
Oh, pardon. Hopefully all the other thousands of members who don't know chime in with nope and an animated face too. Very helpful.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #224
Head2Wind
MotorcycleMayhem

Oddometer: 2,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnf3 View Post
Oh, pardon. Hopefully all the other thousands of members who don't know chime in with nope and an animated face too. Very helpful.
Sir Johnf3,

I admit that my response to the question of if anyone had done multiple dyno runs, recorded this testing, performed real world testing both in a racing application (two 950 SE that ran the 2012 Mexican 1000 Rally) and street.... specifically "Has anyone put together a dyno run with these filters yet? Or finalized some jetting?
You know, actual useful information.", was intended to be in jest, you know, like in a kidding or playful manner. Perhaps I came across more sarcastic than intended.

I did not make any mention of this development effort by nor any product that may or may not be available from any vendors. I admit to being a owner of a business that does provide services and products for motorcycles. I am allowed by the rules of the forum, to post anywhere within this forum, provided that I, like you sir, follow the rules.

My interest, within this thread and the OC is to hopefully participate in conversations related to motorcycles and the KTM LC8.

I apologize if this interest offends you.

Have a good one.

Ken
Head2Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 08:36 PM   #225
Johnf3
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head2Wind View Post
Sir Johnf3,

I admit that my response to the question of if anyone had done multiple dyno runs, recorded this testing, performed real world testing both in a racing application (two 950 SE that ran the 2012 Mexican 1000 Rally) and street.... specifically "Has anyone put together a dyno run with these filters yet? Or finalized some jetting?
You know, actual useful information.", was intended to be in jest, you know, like in a kidding or playful manner. Perhaps I came across more sarcastic than intended.

I did not make any mention of this development effort by nor any product that may or may not be available from any vendors. I admit to being a owner of a business that does provide services and products for motorcycles. I am allowed by the rules of the forum, to post anywhere within this forum, provided that I, like you sir, follow the rules.

My interest, within this thread and the OC is to hopefully participate in conversations related to motorcycles and the KTM LC8.

I apologize if this interest offends you.

Have a good one.

Ken
Doesn't offend me at all. If you feel your "nope" answer qualifies as participation, that's cool. Lots of vendors, including yourself, give great specific advice here and still run their businesses. So if your answer is that you want to participate in this thread, we would love to hear what you have found out, even if it is in general since you are going to market a jet kit. If it works better than what I have, I'll be the first to buy one.