ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2005, 07:38 AM   #61
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Oddometer: 3,141
If you leave at 7:30 ish you will be sitting at the ferry for the 8:30 or 9:00 ferry easy. I will try to pick a spot and grab a cup of coffee where you can see me or the bike will be parked waiting for the ferry. I'll be on the silver and yellow gs and wearing the yellow and black riding jacket. I will plan on the 9:00 ferry.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #62
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Well just got back from the Oyster run, too bad you could not make it Toothy, it's like a mini Sturgis, you have to do it a couple of times in life but not too many. Today was Rune spider and my self. I tell yea, Runes bike is cool. I would ride that thing any day of the week over one of the poser bikes out there and from all the Harley guys they just kept looking at his bike and wishing they had bought a real bike

Rea, it was like a needle in the hay stack runing into you up there, it was good to see you again we will have to ride together some time instead of just sit a round and shoot the shit. I hope you had a good and safe ride home. Some day I'll take you up on the offer and come over to your side of the pond for a ride.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:56 PM   #63
RuneSpyder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
The ride down was cool. That fort was more interesting to me than the oyster run! I dunno if I would want to head back up there or not. I would rather take the ferry out there again to see the sites.

I think I rolled into home at around 5:10 or so. I saw some Bandidos on the way back and some girl with a "Property of..." whoever patch on her back.
RuneSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 06:00 PM   #64
toothy OP
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
What is the deal with Banditos anyway? Most of them that I saw were fresh-faced suburban kids. hmmmm...I wonder what my wife would say if I asked her to wear a "property of toothygrin" patch on her white ski parka?

I did indeed make the trek but didn't leave Seattle untill 2 PM. Beautiful day to ride up the lenght of Whidbey Island. I was watching for you guys going up but no see you.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:29 PM   #65
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

We were done looking at the posers and over weight women in leather by 3:00 and then headed back in the traffic.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:47 PM   #66
toothy OP
Grin

Oddometer: 14,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
We were done looking at the posers and over weight women in leather by 3:00 and then headed back in the traffic.
Mighta passed on the ferries.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:05 PM   #67
GSguy
Here's a quarter.

Naw we sat in traffic heading toward i-5 then after geting sick of stop and go traffic took off heading toward la conner and then hit I5, good try you ferry rider
Old 09-27-2005, 06:57 AM   #68
SimplyMe
Adventure of the Heart

Oddometer: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSguy
Well just got back from the Oyster run, too bad you could not make it Toothy, it's like a mini Sturgis, you have to do it a couple of times in life but not too many. Today was Rune spider and my self. I tell yea, Runes bike is cool. I would ride that thing any day of the week over one of the poser bikes out there and from all the Harley guys they just kept looking at his bike and wishing they had bought a real bike

Rea, it was like a needle in the hay stack runing into you up there, it was good to see you again we will have to ride together some time instead of just sit a round and shoot the shit. I hope you had a good and safe ride home. Some day I'll take you up on the offer and come over to your side of the pond for a ride.
Thanks GSguy... yes will agree with you regarding "Needle in the haystack." I had thought the same thing not more then 5 minutes before I saw RuneSypder as you passed by & didn't reconize me, but knew Rune would, so I stopped him first. I was surprised to actually run into you both. It was definately not of the norm... was quite cool.

Had an outstanding weekend over all... Will get photos back from friend I road up there with and get them posted when I have them. Saw nice bikes, some bike that caught your eye, and then there were the ones you had to just stand there and stare at them. Thats was half the fun of it... seeing what you can see and then some.... Hope you got some good photos Rune with all that camera hardware I saw you toting around your neck. Can't wait to see what caught your eye...

...and anytime GSguy just give me a heads up on when you'd like to jet out and about through the Key Penn will gladly ride in that area with you.
SimplyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 09:07 AM   #69
RuneSpyder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
I didn't take many pictures at the run. I took most of my pictures at the fort on Whidbey Island. I will get them posted tonight. I still need to post-process a lot of them before they are acceptable for posting.
RuneSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote