Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2012, 07:26 AM   #31
GSFREEK OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by 390beretta View Post
GSFREEK,

I hear you and don't doubt your assessment of the circumstances at all. I know there ARE situations that are just simply unavoidable, even with the most careful and defensive riding possible. Wish you the best outcome possible for your injuries.

Someone mentioned that in your country there are no lawsuits for this kind of situation. Is that true? If so, how are things settled equitably for the damage to your bike and you medical expenses/pain and suffering?
I don't know what he was saying. Offcourse this goes to police court where they will decide who is at fault. The loser's insurance pays everything to the winner. bike/medical costs etc..
My medical costs and salary loss is covered by some insurances i have, winning or losing. The only thing at stake here is my trashed bike.
GSFREEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #32
gunslinger
diabolical schemer

Oddometer: 230
Crap, its embarrassing enough that a Renault did that!

Seriously, feel your pain. Be glad you didnt splat the side of a H2 Hummer and are still alive.
gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #33
Thinc2
Paciugo

Oddometer: 4,485
GSFreak,
sorry about the accident. I actually think we in Europe are much more used to scanning intersections and being aware of cars pulling into our lane, especially from the right.

I hope you manage to heal up well. I shattered the bones in my wrist while riding a dirt bike six or seven years ago. Two big metal screws were my companions for quite a while. Eventually it healed and I am 90% back to normal with my wrist.

Wishing you good thoughts and keeping my fingers crossed for your recovery.
Thinc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:29 AM   #34
ray h
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 247
Hope you heel up fast and complete.
Thank you for posting your experiences, I much prefer learning from others to learning from my own experiences and Ive seen alot of "u-turn" accidents posted recently. Thats a little disturbing because those can be a bear to avoid and even harder to predict in time. But thanks to threads like this, I think I stand a better chance at avoiding them because Im more aware.
I know its said alot but it bares saying again "ALWAYS have a way out". Traffic is a fluid thing, its always changing, as one door closes, another opens. become a good chess player, looking four moves ahead will keep you out of checkmate.

On another note, dont be too hard on the other driver for not showing up at your bedside. Its been my experience that most people just dont have the guts to accept their mistakes face to face. Not being able to face their failure is pretty common.

ray h screwed with this post 05-18-2012 at 03:38 AM
ray h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:37 AM   #35
mhpr262
Summer is coming

Oddometer: 3,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuda View Post
Back in '08 Sport Rider columnist and Author (Sportbike Suspension Tuning) Andrew Trevitt was paralyzed when a teenaged driver pulled a U turn on the Angeles Crest. Zero time to react and he was a much better rider than I will ever be.
Norifume "Norick" Abe was also killed that way, and he one of the best MotoGP riders ever.

Sad how one of the surest signs of the start of the motorcycling season is the number of new threads appearing in face plant ... :-(
mhpr262 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:54 PM   #36
ShadySmurf
Does Own Stunts

Oddometer: 540
Good to see that you are sounding more positive man. Good luck with the healing, and getting your bike replaced.
ShadySmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:03 AM   #37
GSFREEK OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Butcher works are done, zippers installed
http://imageshack.us/g/717/img0089px.jpg/

When i "win" the case , insurance will pay 9000 eur for the bike. (that includes 1000 eur wrackage value, wich i will be selling on my own for +/- 1700 eur)
So hopefully i will have a total of around 9700 eur. A zero-operation i guess. My insurance company told me the court is a year behind with work, so it could take a while -_-

@ Josh69: He was parked next to the road.

GSFREEK screwed with this post 06-08-2012 at 04:00 AM
GSFREEK is offline   Reply With Quote