Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 AM   #16
dwiggins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadayama View Post
I keep trying to figure out some day rides and such taking dirt roads... but here in the city you have to drive a bit to get out to the dirt roads... I think it might be fun to go to somewhere eat lunch and head back...

so if anyone knows of some day trips from the metro please share...

I came up with this one going to Stillwater...

OKC Metro to Stillwater

Not sure if other people are interest in these kinds of things... but i have to have something to occupy the back of my brain while i'm stuck at work all day...

I'm still a few weeks away from getting my new to me fe570 street leagal, but I would be interested in a ride from time to time.

If you started your trip a few more miles north at Seward Rd & Hwy 74 there is a park and ride area if someone wanted to haul their bike to the start. Seward is paved from Hwy 74 west and goes into Cashion, but is dirt going east and loops around Liberty Lake.
Don
dwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:59 AM   #17
sooner02r1
Wannabe

Oddometer: 309
Quote:
I keep trying to figure out some day rides and such taking dirt roads... but here in the city you have to drive a bit to get out to the dirt roads... I think it might be fun to go to somewhere eat lunch and head back...

so if anyone knows of some day trips from the metro please share...

I came up with this one going to Stillwater...

OKC Metro to Stillwater

I just recently found this website for county roads for Oklahoma... you have to look it up by county and it is in PDF form... but it tells you if the road is dirt or not... on the Stillwater route i used google maps and zoomed in to see if it was dirt or not... one small stretch is actually paved but looked like dirt because it was so rough....

http://www.okladot.state.ok.us/maps/county/index.htm

Not sure if other people are interest in these kinds of things... but i have to have something to occupy the back of my brain while i'm stuck at work all day...
I'm interested for sure. I love finding dirt roads close to home. I won't be able to keep up with dwiggins on the 'Berg but I'll have the drz pinned!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #18
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Hey all, I just found this thread! Glad to see a thread for OKC area. Subscribed.

Took a little ride today on the F800, the wife had a hen party at he house so had to vacate the premises for the afternoon. Found some dirt roads south of Geary around the river and started to explore, but was too muddy for my street tires. Yhink i'll go back on the WRR and explore a little further sometime.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #19
dsrydr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwiggins View Post
I'm still a few weeks away from getting my new to me fe570 street leagal, but I would be interested in a ride from time to time.

If you started your trip a few more miles north at Seward Rd & Hwy 74 there is a park and ride area if someone wanted to haul their bike to the start. Seward is paved from Hwy 74 west and goes into Cashion, but is dirt going east and loops around Liberty Lake.
Don

I ride seward rd east from 74 to liberty lake, then to guthrie lake. There is a good bbq/catfish place on the north end of Guthrie off I-35. Lot of good dirt roads up that way.

If anyone wants to ride dirt roads on the weekend I'd be game.

Go Thunder!!
dsrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #20
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrydr View Post
I ride seward rd east from 74 to liberty lake, then to guthrie lake. There is a good bbq/catfish place on the north end of Guthrie off I-35. Lot of good dirt roads up that way.

If anyone wants to ride dirt roads on the weekend I'd be game.

Go Thunder!!

Dangit!... I have obligations the next three weekends, but will hit you up in mid June...

I'm heading to the Flint Hills Stampede at the end of June... Have never attended, but heard it was fun.
Dadayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #21
dsrydr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 273
Which group will you be riding in? Sounds interesting. I'm not used to riding in a group while DS riding but I'm thinking about it.

dsrydr screwed with this post 05-14-2012 at 09:43 PM
dsrydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #22
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Hey Dsrydr...

I signed up for the Intermediate group... let the crazy folks go in the fast group...

I tend to ride by my self most times... but went recently to a group ride in Arkansas, called the Arkansas 500 and it was a lot of fun... A friend of mine talked me into this Kansas ride and now he is moving to Colorado... he didn't expect to sell his house in one day...

Arkansas 500

I'm going to head up from work at lunch-time on Friday of and take the two lane state highways and such up there...

Peter over and out...
Old 05-16-2012, 05:58 AM   #23
dwiggins
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Hope this was none of you

but if it was, I'm glad your okay.
Don

http://www.news9.com/story/18430896/...s-caused-crash
dwiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Motorcycle Survival School-Free

Hey All

So Saturday i went to a day long (6 hours) motorcycle safety class that the Edmond Police Department puts on for free. The officisors are all motorcycle cops and they sure can whip those gaint bikes through the cones. I've been through it before and i think it is much better then the MSF class i had to take to get my endorsement. It is open to anyone, there was even a guy from Kansas.

Here is the website... Motorcycle Class

Peter

P.S. saw a lot of big cruiser guys dump their bikes... nothing serious...
Old 05-20-2012, 11:18 AM   #25
OKDQ
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 519
Quote:
Hey All

So Saturday i went to a day long (6 hours) motorcycle safety class that the Edmond Police Department puts on for free. The officisors are all motorcycle cops and they sure can whip those gaint bikes through the cones. I've been through it before and i think it is much better then the MSF class i had to take to get my endorsement. It is open to anyone, there was even a guy from Kansas.

Here is the website... Motorcycle Class

Peter

P.S. saw a lot of big cruiser guys dump their bikes... nothing serious...
Thanks for the link, I've wanted to take their course for a long time, but never new there was a website to register at. I'm going to try to get into the 15 Sept. class.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:20 PM   #26
sooner02r1
Wannabe

Oddometer: 309
so are we still thinking mid June on a DS ride up toward Guthrie? let me know when!
Old 05-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #27
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner02r1 View Post
so are we still thinking mid June on a DS ride up toward Guthrie? let me know when!
I'm game...
Old 05-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #28
skyydiver
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 156
Fallis (hehe) and Meridian are short rides from the metro that get you some dirt roads too.

Now. I slept in and it's 11AM. Anything going on involving bikes in the metro area...or within a couple hours of it...today?
skyydiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #29
rats4ever
Trapped in the Plains

Oddometer: 57
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyydiver View Post
Fallis (hehe)
So disappointing that they couldn't bother spelling it "Phallus." Just don't have the decency that the people living between Intercourse, Blue Ball, Beaver, and Pleasant Gap PA have. Otherwise you could start in Gay, OK (only exists as a USGS place name), slide up through Bowlegs to Phallus, then head on up to Beaver and Hooker. Of course, if your mama knew of the plan, you'd have to avoid Slapout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyydiver View Post
Now. I slept in and it's 11AM. Anything going on involving bikes in the metro area...or within a couple hours of it...today?
As far as I know, it's a make your own fun day. Might be a good day to take the back roads to Clear Bay Cafe at Thunderbird. EDIT: Sorry, thought your post was tagged today, not Yesterday.

-Matt

rats4ever screwed with this post 05-27-2012 at 09:49 AM Reason: Rats4ever can't read
rats4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #30
Dadayama OP
Constant Adventurer

Bicycle Race Motorcycle Support

The American Diabetes Association Tour de Cure bicycle event needs some volunteers and their motorcycles to ride the 60, 45, 30 and 18 mile bike courses to assist any bicycle riders who might have mechanical problems or have crashed. The event runs on the 23 of June and the 60 mile riders will take off on their course at 07:30 from Wild Horse Park Town Center, with the other course riders departing at staggered intervals about 1 hour apart.

Volunteers will get a tee-shirt and be fed. The will also receive some amount to reimburse their fuel expense.

The contact person for the entire event is Araine Cash, and her phone number is 405.840.3881 ext 3881. Her email address is acash@diabetes.org.

Ed Angala
K1200rs@roadfly.com