User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 257 votes, 4.95 average. Display Modes
Old 05-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #1111
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,586
I've tk'd several times. Always an accident except for a few blue asshats that I saw tk on purpose. I don't think I've ever been blue because of it. Maybe they assume it's an accident if you hit an enemy just before or after.
I always apologize and have never been harassed for it.

Had a good one the other day that I went back and watched the replay to see exactly what happened. I was in my Pershing and a Type59 and I were running around ganging up on bigger tanks that were alone and taking them out. We were on out third I think, he got to it first and was next to it taking a beating. One of us had tracked the heavy so he wasn't going anywhere. I rolled up on the other side and took a shot at his engine. It went right over his ass end and killed my partner...oops. The bad guy killed me with 1 more shot and drove away. There we sat. Dead. About 20m away from one another. With our guns pointing at each other. It looked like we killed each other in a dual. We both thought it was funny.
SkidMarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:41 AM   #1112
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,291
I've seen players on my ignore list in battle a couple of times, havn't been able to hunt them down and kill them as I'd like to, but did manage to win the encounter battles.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #1113
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,321
OK, so I swear I didn't do this totally based on this thread... I was one of the lead heavies working hard at peek-a-boo around the corner, and half-way through it I try to back up to not get shot... but hear that grinding noise that means some asswipe is behind me when everyone else was doing just fine firing in formation and taking turns.

Turns out is isn't even one of the original forward attackers... it's some T-34 (Russian) that came out of nowhere just because I guess he thought I was doing well at that front.

And... he didn't immediately move (somehow completely ignoring the tanks lined up parallel to each other for firing and backing up). It took a while for my Amrican T34 to reload, but I gave him one. But... then... it was either my continual trying to back up, or maybe he had an engine fire from my prior shot... somehow he died some time after me shooting him, and I got the call that that was a friendly (or whatever the message is these days).

Now we were winning 4 to 0 at this point, so now it's 4 to 1 (me giving that team their only kill that far in, lol). I'm sure they, and everyone, noticed, but the battle was still on, so I kept at it. My in-game score was 1 just before that point, but now it read zero to account for the -1 (negative one) I incurred.

But then hard work paid off and I eventually showed three kills at the end of the game, even though I really had four ... no, actually five if you count my teammate, lol. I was wondering how bad I'd get my dick slapped for the team kill, but it wasn't too bad. SInce this is the current theme of this thread, I figured you guys would want to see the monetary / XP effect of a total kill of a tier ... whatever a T-34 is ... and I didn't turn blue.

I may develop a theory that an early team sacrifice to the gods of war is the way to earn awesome wins.
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR

Mambo Dave screwed with this post 05-21-2012 at 10:08 AM
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #1114
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,431
Yeah I don't remember if i mentioned before when I had some griefer (or an idiot that doens't know the dynamics of a turretless TD) that kept following me around and then getting in my damn way when I was trying to take shots. I warned him a few times and then finally gave up and "accidently" popped him when he pulled right into my LOS. On the plus side his carcass did provide good cover
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:31 AM   #1115
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelJM1 View Post
Yeah I don't remember if i mentioned before when I had some griefer (or an idiot that doens't know the dynamics of a turretless TD) that kept following me around and then getting in my damn way when I was trying to take shots. I warned him a few times and then finally gave up and "accidently" popped him when he pulled right into my LOS. On the plus side his carcass did provide good cover
Speaking of good cover...
Anyone else ever park sideways in front of your arty if you get stuck in a battle where you are hopelessly outclassed.
I do this once in a while if there are scouts and the arty cover isn't very good. This usually happens in my M7. If a scout shows up, I turn on auto aim and try to keep myself between the baddy and our arty all the while throwing lead at the scout. I almost always die, and I'm not sure how useful the tactic really is, but I'm pretty sure it really pisses off the scout.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #1116
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,596
Usually when I'm playing arty, everyone just leaves
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:56 AM   #1117
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambo Dave View Post
No, you lose no points for taking out a blue.

But... be careful. If the person who is screaming to kill him is the guy who died, and you didn't witness why it happened, the loss of a second teammate (i.e. the blue guy) can be detrimental to your team winning just for the sake of shooting a blue guy who may have helped the team by getting rid of a trouble-maker.

I've won more game with blue guys who we let live than with a team who killed a blue guy. Actually, letting them live seems pretty common.

I've only ever been blue three times - twice was accidental, once was an intentional take-out, and I swear I've killed or shot at a few teammates before and never turned blue at all.
This guy was just running around shooting our guys...he had two friendly kills before I got him.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:29 AM   #1118
SkidMarx
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalobster View Post
Usually when I'm playing arty, everyone just leaves
I know. Now that I'm playing arty again, I often find myself thinking it would be nice to have someone keeping an eye on me. It's easy miss a scout coming to kill you.
Sometimes I take that job.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #1119
OConnor OP
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkidMarx View Post
I know. Now that I'm playing arty again, I often find myself thinking it would be nice to have someone keeping an eye on me. It's easy miss a scout coming to kill you.
Sometimes I take that job.
I usually hang out with arty because I'm third from the bottom or worse so it's about all I'm good for.

I keep waiting for the WoT banhammer to fall for my transgression. I worry too much.
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:36 PM   #1120
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,291
Cool2 WWII Weekend in Reading, PA

For those of you close by, plan your travels accordingly for the first weekend of June:

WWII Weekend in Reading, PA. probably the largest gathering of WWII aircrafts in the eastcoast.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:00 AM   #1121
Mambo Dave
Backyard Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,321
I wish I could make it, Cat - looks really cool. I've been in a B-17 before, but I've never seen most of the aircraft that will show up at that show. Is that a Stug TD?
their motorcycles
." --
RyanR
Mambo Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #1122
SteelJM1
Undercover KTM rider

Oddometer: 1,431
Finally got my M6! First game - surrounded by 3 tier 8 enemy.

SU-152 coming soon!
SteelJM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:38 AM   #1123
FPGT72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,135
Quote:
I wish I could make it, Cat - looks really cool. I've been in a B-17 before, but I've never seen most of the aircraft that will show up at that show. Is that a Stug TD?
Looks like a fake...the road wheels look wrong to me.

I am pretty good friends with someone that likes to go out and reinact. Can't remember the chassis they are built on.

Was reading the otherday that you can pickup a T55 pretty cheap now....problem is getting it back into the states....for some reason if you bring in a tank Obama thinks you are some kind of nut job.
FPGT72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #1124
MN_Smurf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,120
I agree that that is probably something converted to look like a StuG.....road wheels, rear idler and tracks are wrong from the reference pics I can find. Suspension doesn't look right either.

http://www.williammaloney.com/Aviati...zIII/index.htm

Edit: On further review, I'd guess that possibly started life as a Chaffee chassis.

MN_Smurf screwed with this post 05-22-2012 at 12:15 PM
MN_Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:00 PM   #1125
papalobster
With Gusto!

Oddometer: 12,596
Quote:
I have EAA Airventure about 15 minutes up the road. I get my fill of warbirds every year.

After a few clicks, I found the stug was made from a British FV402 for a movie, but haven't dug into the movie yet The road wheels looked British to me, and I started looking there. The MG shield on top is plain ol sheet metal, not much use Also on the rear view are some pivot anchors for a door or spades.

Clicky
papalobster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: