Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 96 votes, 4.96 average. Display Modes
Old 05-17-2012, 09:33 AM   #5296
SixOneGiraffe
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Condolences. Maybe you can talk to him if you play too! There's a small chat window where you can directly IM him.

Appreciated, Jeffy. DIII is his gig to which I hold no interest. This break'll do a body (or two) good, believe me.
SixOneGiraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #5297
El Guero
V4 Whore

Oddometer: 9,727
I got Max Payne 3 for my birthday, probably 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through it already (though I wish it would go on forever). The game is both gorgeous and disgusting. I'm really blown away, I'm already stoked to beat it and then play it again on a higher difficulty

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:21 PM   #5298
Off the grid
Chaotic Good

Oddometer: 10,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero View Post
I got Max Payne 3 for my birthday, probably 2/3 or 3/4 of the way through it already (though I wish it would go on forever). The game is both gorgeous and disgusting. I'm really blown away, I'm already stoked to beat it and then play it again on a higher difficulty
I always liked the Max Payne games. Great interface, gameplay and graphics.
Help my buddy mike fight kidney Cancer. Anything helps!
Off the grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #5299
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,560
Pretty busy gaming after a long while, since I got the new gpu I played/finished GTA4, sniper elite 2, battlefield3, starcraft 2, NFS shift, skyrim and I'm getting ready for Diablo3...

I hadn't played in ultra settings for many years, some of those new games are just amazing in ultra quality, especially Battlefield is worth replaying in casual mode just to look at the levels' design and detail...

By the way the radeon 6870 was recommended at tomshardware as best below $180 and it truly delivers powerful graphics easily at the highest settings... Currently running on a slow(ish) i3 with 8gb of ram but I have no problem running everything at max...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #5300
ScorpioVI
Some people juggle geese.

Oddometer: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaPoser View Post
What in the hell is this stupid minecraft my kids are playing?

It looks like legos.

It is legos. Once you get over the old-school graphics and blocks you'll soon realize how brilliant that game is. You can build... anything, aircraft carriers, replica of fantasy places (Middle Earth), your own neighborhood. Only limit is your imagination and time.
ScorpioVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #5301
Jeffy
Hmm...

Oddometer: 5,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Pretty busy gaming after a long while, since I got the new gpu I played/finished GTA4, sniper elite 2, battlefield3, starcraft 2, NFS shift, skyrim and I'm getting ready for Diablo3...
Diablo III is a lot of run with 3 other friends. My only complaint is that even in SP, games are "online". So you ping Blizzard's servers even if you're not playing multi-player. I don't think you can even play without an internet connection. This causes some rubberbanding even in SP. Still, it's a lot of fun even in SP.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #5302
MoreCheese
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Found this game on Steam a few days ago: http://shootmanyrobots.com/

So far tons of fun with a plot as complicated as the game name suggests. Side scroll action, tons of guns and odd outfits. I've only tried single player so far but up to 4 people can play. If anyone else likes mindless robot destroying action it is fun, so far.
MoreCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:48 AM   #5303
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffy View Post
Diablo III is a lot of run with 3 other friends. My only complaint is that even in SP, games are "online". So you ping Blizzard's servers even if you're not playing multi-player. I don't think you can even play without an internet connection. This causes some rubberbanding even in SP. Still, it's a lot of fun even in SP.
Yeah, the latest "trend" from all the top game houses is obligatory signing in to on-line accounts, however, there are ways to work around that "creatively"...

Co-op mode in diablo must be life-sucking...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #5304
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserts View Post
Yeah, the latest "trend" from all the top game houses is obligatory signing in to on-line accounts, however, there are ways to work around that "creatively"...

Co-op mode in diablo must be life-sucking...
Co-op gets crazy. Especially when everyone is Lvl 20 and up. I've heard hardcore is even crazier. It's a good way to lvl up. Instead of slugging it through SP, you can advance in rank a lot faster. With one sitting, I jumped 2-3 lvl's which might normally take a day to advance 1 lvl.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #5305
spagthorpe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 14,616
I can say that any game that has to be connected to a server, just to play in single player mode, is one that I will never buy. I have played Blizzard's games a lot over the years, going way, way back, but if that's their new way of doing things, they'll never see another dime from me.

I haven't had a lot of time lately, but have been picking up the occasional old school game from GOG.com. Cheap, and there are some classics on there that I probably own somewhere, but are typically hard or impossible to get them running on modern hardware. GOG takes the work out of it for you. I can have more fun playing Syndicate than with most of the new stuff out there.
spagthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #5306
Jeffy
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spagthorpe View Post
I can say that any game that has to be connected to a server, just to play in single player mode, is one that I will never buy. I have played Blizzard's games a lot over the years, going way, way back, but if that's their new way of doing things, they'll never see another dime from me.

I haven't had a lot of time lately, but have been picking up the occasional old school game from GOG.com. Cheap, and there are some classics on there that I probably own somewhere, but are typically hard or impossible to get them running on modern hardware. GOG takes the work out of it for you. I can have more fun playing Syndicate than with most of the new stuff out there.
I think you're missing out then. Diablo III is a lot of fun especially with 3 other friends or even 3 other strangers. Even Sp is fun though.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:22 PM   #5307
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,526
So Gamestop said they could get me a power brick.....and it's over a week late and I'm about to give in and order a new one from Microsoft and wait the 2 weeks

If I do that then I need to use up a by 2 get 1 free coupon I have at Gamestop and the 2 I'm grabbing are Skyrim and MW3 (been playing it too much so I can't wait any longer) what other newish games should I look at?

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:00 PM   #5308
Beez
Given to fly

Oddometer: 5,772
Cry I have no friends

Since it appears that online multiplayer is the future of gaming I think it's time I added some friends to the list or whatever it is. I have a PS3 so I am on PlayStation Network as Beez620. That is also my handle on Social Club (some sort of thing for games made by Rockstar). Send me a PM with your screename or add me through PSN. Thanks and happy gaming.
Beez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:11 PM   #5309
NikonsAndVStroms
Beastly Photographer

Oddometer: 38,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
Since it appears that online multiplayer is the future of gaming I think it's time I added some friends to the list or whatever it is. I have a PS3 so I am on PlayStation Network as Beez620. That is also my handle on Social Club (some sort of thing for games made by Rockstar). Send me a PM with your screename or add me through PSN. Thanks and happy gaming.
Everyone is on X Box live

"It's the game of life. Do I win or do I lose? One day they're gonna shut the game down. I gotta have as much fun and go around the board as many times as I can before it's my turn to leave."
NikonsAndVStroms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #5310
DNFjoe
Did Not Finnish

Oddometer: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beez View Post
Are you a fan of borderlands? Once borderlands 2 comes out I am going to be looking to team up for some ps3 time. Right now i am pc gaming diablo 3 single player.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: