ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #49186
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Oddometer: 10,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingset View Post
My riding plans for Memorial Day weekend: None. Not riding. At all. Anywhere.

Srsly, after last weekend my travel itch is scratched and last year my memorial day ride was mostly stuck behind oblivious dickholes who are quite happy to amble about at 8mph under the limit in long lines of retardation while I fume in my helmet.

I hate Memorial Day on the roads.

I'm gonna go kayaking with the pooch and do an overnighter. Much more relaxing.
You just gotta learn how to "turn it off" speedzilla.
Whitey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #49187
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef5000 View Post
Im thinking about getting married in
Niagara Falls Sunday, stay the night. Riding to Frankenmuth Michigan Monday (over Lake Erie and north of Detroit), hotelling it here too. Then riding home Tuesday. They would be easy days at around 300 miles, but they'd give us destinations to spend some time.
Congrats buddy!

Old 05-23-2012, 11:39 AM   #49188
Whitey1
"Whitebread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
blah blah blah
I am terrible at looking up to see my PM's, and for some reason if I check ADV on my phone I dont get a popup saying I have a new PM. Sorry and thanks for the invite. Long story short I am a day late but hope you found a place to bury the dead hooker.

Whitey1 screwed with this post 05-23-2012 at 11:44 AM
Old 05-23-2012, 11:48 AM   #49189
Mikef5000
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
[getting married] Congrats buddy!

AdvRider was my only escape from this junk... and now even this place is spoiled!

Marriage; Pff who needs it. Who's With Me???

Mikef5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #49190
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,529
Quote:

AdvRider was my only escape from this junk... and now even this place is spoiled!

BTDT Not planning on making that mistake again anytime soon. ;)
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:41 PM   #49191
Alacrity
Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Oddometer: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitey1 View Post
I am terrible at looking up to see my PM's, and for some reason if I check ADV on my phone I dont get a popup saying I have a new PM. Sorry and thanks for the invite. Long story short I am a day late but hope you found a place to bury the dead hooker.

All good man, can always use an extra shovel tho
Old 05-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #49192
jimjim
Just another FF!

Oddometer: 1,627
Quote:

Marriage is okay as long as you're the king of the castle like me and Whitey are.
jimjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:49 PM   #49193
Alacrity
Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Quote:

Traded up and got a riding partner .... But ain't williing to revisit anything formal. C
Old 05-23-2012, 01:19 PM   #49194
GailCallsMeKarl
Squirrel w/ no nuts

Oddometer: 879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alacrity View Post
Traded up and got a riding partner .... But ain't williing to revisit anything formal. C
+1

Did the formal gig once. Not again. Unless there are children, no point in it except entrapment. I'll just do the riding/camping partner, thank you. Just a silly social and legal convention. I'm not one to follow conventional wisdom anymore.

but hell, congrats! LOL! You've been together that long, I'm sure it will be fine.

Really.

Shortypants Bike: CRF150X
GailCallsMeKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #49195
ohioroadrat
It`s YOUR fault !

Oddometer: 1,662
for sale

Did I see someone had a dead hooker for sale? How much?
Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #49196
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,648
Mutha Fucking Night Riiiide.... update

Zach and I spec'd out the route today.

63 miles as GPS indicates (74 as my odo indicates, so take your pick). It took us 2 hours but we were stopping a lot to take notes. I'd reckon 3.5 - 4 hours would be a good time estimate in the dark and with a group of 5 or so riders.

22 miles of that is paved, which is more than I would have guessed, although it is all short connector stretches. The longest bit is 4.9 miles which will either be the first thing we ride or the last. The shortest bit is a few hundred yards. The balance is dirt, gravel or abandoned dirt roads.

The route will be a loop from Danville, back to the starting point. Gas will only be available at the start and end due to time of day. The Lyons Den BP is a pretty well stocked convenience store so there will be food and beverages available, too.

We deleted all off road portions except one 1 mile bit through farmers' fields (with permission), and one un-unimproved portion of the unimproved portion of the Mohican Valley Trail as I think the rest might be too technical in the dark. As it is, I think Stone Quarry and similar will be a real challenge in the dark, and a lot of the gravel roads have unmarked corners and such which will be interesting at midnight.

There are two minor water crossings and a old railroad bridge which is decomposing quite nicely but should support most of us. Whitey goes last.

Other than that, I think based on the dust today, you'd be smart to wear goggles and a dirt helmet, and bring a rag and some glass cleaner.

I will have a first aid kit, electric air compressor, metric tools, 21" tube, and some repair items (wire, wire ties, etc.).

Last little blurb: Meredith and I are riding it again tomorrow, in reverse, so if anyone wants to come they are welcome to do so. It's fun but not really challenging in the daylight, and we will not be deviating from the route since I want to get a feel for it as it runs in reverse.

MeefZah screwed with this post 05-23-2012 at 02:39 PM
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #49197
indypup
╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

Oddometer: 3,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeefZah View Post
Mutha Fucking Night Riiiide.... update

Zach and I spec'd out the route today.

63 miles as GPS indicates (74 as my odo indicates, so take your pick). It took us 2 hours but we were stopping a lot to take notes. I'd reckon 3.5 - 4 hours would be a good time estimate in the dark and with a group of 5 or so riders.

22 miles of that is paved, which is more than I would have guessed, although it is all short connector stretches. The longest bit is 4.9 miles which will either be the first thing we ride or the last. The shortest bit is a few hundred yards. The balance is dirt, gravel or abandoned dirt roads.

The route will be a loop from Danville, back to the starting point. Gas will only be available at the start and end due to time of day. The Lyons Den BP is a pretty well stocked convenience store so there will be food and beverages available, too.

We deleted all off road portions except one 1 mile bit through farmers' fields (with permission), and one un-unimproved portion of the unimproved portion of the Mohican Valley Trail as I think the rest might be too technical in the dark. As it is, I think Stone Quarry and similar will be a real challenge in the dark, and a lot of the gravel roads have unmarked corners and such which will be interesting at midnight.

There are two minor water crossings and a old railroad bridge which is decomposing quite nicely but should support most of us. Whitey goes last.

Other than that, I think based on the dust today, you'd be smart to wear goggles and a dirt helmet, and bring a rag and some glass cleaner.

I will have a first aid kit, electric air compressor, metric tools, 21" tube, and some repair items (wire, wire ties, etc.).

Last little blurb: Meredith and I are riding it again tomorrow, in reverse, so if anyone wants to come they are welcome to do so. It's fun but not really challenging in the daylight, and we will not be deviating from the route since I want to get a feel for it as it runs in reverse.
So I'm assuming you and Whitey are going to shoot and bury the Go-Pro'ers in an undisclosed location?
Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist hangs his head out the window! Be real, be whole, be innovative.

indypup screwed with this post 05-23-2012 at 03:00 PM
indypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #49198
Alacrity
Semi Pro Bar Vaulter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioroadrat View Post
Did I see someone had a dead hooker for sale? How much?
Shit!! Knew I shouldnt have taken the first offer

Congrats on the pending nuptials - tho I lost track of who is actually getting hitched.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #49199
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackdiamondmike View Post
Through hiking the trail is on my bucket list. He must either be a fast hiker or not mind the snow. I thought most people started much earlier in the year to finish before late fall when it gets snowy in the mountains. Wish him luck and safety! -Mike
His last day of work (retiring from post office) is Friday June 1st. He's leaving immediatley after and starting in Maine. Most people do start earlier from Georgia and go north. He should be OK heading south.

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #49200
MeefZah
Curmudgeonly

Oddometer: 10,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by indypup View Post
So I'm assuming you and Whitey are going to shoot and bury the Go-Pro'ers in an undisclosed location?
Hard to video shit in the dark.
MeefZah is offline   Reply With Quote