ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #31
Maggot12 OP
Banned

Oddometer: 3,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Lavigne View Post
Did you see the Margreen website? Shows Steven Shakin with a bay area office number. Maybe you already tried to call this - 415-924-8816

http://margreen.com/contact-us/
Found that this morning. I can't call from work though but will try when I get home.

Thanks

Ken
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #32
Nut Clutch
was Steve Lavigne

Oddometer: 429
House went pending inspection on April 13, 2012:

http://www.redfin.com/WA/Marysville/.../home/21500987

Doesn't look like it was a short sale, so should close any day...
Old 05-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #33
Maggot12 OP
Banned

Quote:
House went pending inspection on April 13, 2012:

http://www.redfin.com/WA/Marysville/.../home/21500987

Doesn't look like it was a short sale, so should close any day...
Hard to understand whether he's part owner of that house or just renting. And what's with all the car sales?

When I was over to the home at the time there were several cars and a dozen people entering when I was leaving. Getting ready for a funeral, I was told. Older folks, toddlers, so there's definetly family around. He said he had an office in the area and that's where he'd send the fax to the Border from.

PS: My wife just called; there was a message on our phone from "Steve" this morning saying that the Title will be in by friday or saturday.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:05 PM   #34
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,312
if you want to ride(or walk on) over on anacortes boat I can give a lift down to Mville so you can drive it back, you can park it at my place until paper work is sorted. assuming all is well.

if not, do the Bandido's do collections?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #35
Maggot12 OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayChile View Post
if you want to ride(or walk on) over on anacortes boat I can give a lift down to Mville so you can drive it back, you can park it at my place until paper work is sorted. assuming all is well.

if not, do the Bandido's do collections?
I may take you up on this offer once we see how this plays out over the next couple days.....

Thanks,

Ken
Old 05-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #36
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Hopefully the guy isn't googling his own phone number. If so, he might be tipped off.

If you go to this Bing search:

http://www.bing.com/search?q=425-404...k=&adlt=strict

There are a bunch of expired cached pages. If you click on the green triangle just to the right of the green link, you can see the cached page. Quite a few vehicles he has been selling this year. He posted a Ford 500 on 5/14. That class B van back on April 22nd, the 24ft travel trailer on 4/25 and then 5/15.

If you do the same on Google, you can find ads for a Ford Expedition in posted in March 2012.

Probably tough times and he is liquidating. Seems his needs are screwing with his morals.

Let me know if you want me to remove this stuff from this thread.
Meth can get expensive... We are talking Marysville you know.

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:45 PM   #37
Maggot12 OP
Banned

Little more progress

Got another good phone # today.

Wife called it while I was at work and the 17 yr old daughter answered, she said it was her moms cell phone and confirmed that they still have the van. I was hoping the misses would have asked for some details such as their last name, where they live and van location , but mrs maggot didn't ask anything other than to have her parents call back us back.. The nieve teenager would have probably told her whatever she asked. They won't answer now.

Looks as though a couple RVs were sold on CL the last few months using this # as well. They may be making a decent living off the used vehicle market.

I think we're making decent progress. Hopefully I'll have something definite the next couple days and get this settled.

Again, thanks for all the help and PM's,

Ken
Old 05-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #38
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,434
For 2k and on principal I'd be putting in for some leave and find this guy in person and choking my 2k out of him.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:25 PM   #39
Maggot12 OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post
For 2k and on principal I'd be putting in for some leave and find this guy in person and choking my 2k out of him.
I'm hoping it won't come to that, but I need to find where he lives first. Once I do find him, if he has my money on hand I'll take it and walk, or if he has the van title I still may drive the van away depending on my emotions at the time. Now if I see him and he has no van nor my 2k, well I'll just have to wait and see.

I'm a positive guy and bought many things built on trust. I still think things will work out, but no transaction should be like this.

Ken
Old 05-23-2012, 07:43 PM   #40
everycredit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot12 View Post
Got another good phone # today.

Wife called it while I was at work and the 17 yr old daughter answered, she said it was her moms cell phone and confirmed that they still have the van. I was hoping the misses would have asked for some details such as their last name, where they live and van location , but mrs maggot didn't ask anything other than to have her parents call back us back.. The nieve teenager would have probably told her whatever she asked. They won't answer now.

Looks as though a couple RVs were sold on CL the last few months using this # as well. They may be making a decent living off the used vehicle market.

I think we're making decent progress. Hopefully I'll have something definite the next couple days and get this settled.

Again, thanks for all the help and PM's,

Ken
If they are selling a lot of vehicles on CL, I would just black mail them. It's illegal in Washington state to sell more than a certain number of vehicles in a month (I think it's like 2 or 3) without a dealer's permit.
everycredit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #41
HighwayChile
greetings from Wa state

Oddometer: 4,312
be handy to find out if this is the legal definition of fraud if he doesnt produce by time you visit, which I think it is but I'm not the one who makes the rules.
as much as you would like to do it, let the law be the one who inflects justice
Old 05-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #42
tomasv
Check the Czech!

Oddometer: 304
Yes, it is illegal to sell more than 5 used vehicles a year without dealer's license in 12 months http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.70.021

"
If you respond to a classified ad and the seller has several cars for sale but does not have a car lot or showroom, you may be dealing with a “curbstoner,” who is an unlicensed auto dealer. Under state law, anyone who sells five or more vehicles in a 12 month period must obtain a dealer's license (RCW 46.70.021). Licensing requirements exist to protect buyers from problems such as vehicle title transfer difficulties; buying unregistered, wrecked or rebuilt cars; and purchasing a car with a “rolled-back” od0meter. Curbstoners do not become licensed as a dealer and often take advantage of consumers while trying to avoid detection from the violations they commit.
Private sellers also often advertise in the classified sections of newspapers. In the case of legitimate private (non-dealer) sales, you should put the purchase and sale agreement in writing. It should include a description of the vehicle, the price, a statement that the seller has clear title to the vehicle and all other representations and promises."

In addition the issues you are running into with titles are very common - often the vehicles are purchased at auctions via a bank loan/line of credit thus the title is not in the hands of the seller but with his/her bank. They need to come up with enough cash to pay the car off and after that they get send the title - this usually takes about 30-45 days but they needs the cash. If they don't things often get hairy as they did for you....

I would not think this is a full scam to get you out of your 2K but I would also thing this guys is a bit shady and start getting certified letters or baseball bats, depending on your preference ready - sorry you are having trouble...
tomasv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:54 AM   #43
CanadianX
Oh!? That is deep.

Oddometer: 1,434
I really hope your trust is rewarded and this gets sorted out with you getting your $ or the van. I like the threat of outing him if he is selling multiple vehicles without a license. Even more damning would be the undeclare income tax, IRS is more aggressive then CCRA I believe. Perhaps an message asking about the multiple cars and his dealer lisence or tax evasion on income generated from the sale of these cars and defrauding the gov't as well as international fraud (given he is dealing across a border in a manner of speaking) might get him to deal straight on this issue.
CanadianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #44
Almost There
Up, up, and away

Oddometer: 321
If the seller is really scamming people I doubt he gives a rats ass about not being licensed.

Sure isn't looking good but maybe he is just really busy.
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:46 AM   #45
grinns
Semper Fi

Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianX View Post

grinns is offline   Reply With Quote