Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Deano955 OP
Insatiable

Oddometer: 3,836
Day Trippin' with Deano

Hello all,

My name is Dean. I'm a motorcycle riding fool that lives in what some might say is a rather scenic state in the U.S.A.--- Colorado.

I'm in to photography. Not a pro by anybody's standards but I do enjoy it a lot and try to make quality images. I will post a pant load of photos here over the days, months, years. Hopefully you find this post interesting enough to come back and visit.

Colorado has motorcycle rides aplenty. I've got a few bikes that I like to explore with and am getting ready for a nice trip to Arizona this weekend. Seems like a good time to start my own little thread describing the rides I am fortunate enough to partake.

My current stable as of May 23, 2012:

2000 Honda Blackbird. Purchased March 2012 with 10k miles on it. Looking forward to adding a few thousand more.

2004 KTM 525 EXC. Purchased May 2010 with who knows how many miles on it. Long story short, it's a great big bore dirt bike, now...

2012 Triumph Tiger XC. Purchased new about a year ago. It's had more than a few issues. More than any other bike I've owned (and I've had a few). It is running great right now. I commute almost daily on it and get out in the hills quite a bit (lucky). In a year, with the bike in the shop for 30 days of that year, I've put 7000+ miles on it. Not to shabby for me.

It's a great looking bike with tons of character:

Like I said, I'm getting ready for a trip to Arizona this weekend. I'm taking the Blackbird down to Tucson to see my Dad. He is the one that started me on motorcycles. I will forever be in his debt. I haven't seen him since 2008. I haven't ridden with him since 2006.

He's a sport bike guy, like me. He's still got that Ninja in the photo above. I'm very excited to ride out to see him and I'll be taking the twisty, scenic routes, with my DSLR.

I hope you enjoy this thread at least a fraction as much as I will enjoy riding it. Feel free to post questions, comments, etc.

Cheers,
Deano

Save $5 off your smugmug account with this coupon( 1qoLJk8tfsGWM )

Deano955 screwed with this post 05-23-2012 at 08:15 PM
Deano955 is offline   Reply With Quote