Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2011, 01:01 PM   #271
Kalts
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Guarded parking in the north-west area

Hi

Any hints and suggestions about guarded (attended, manned) parking lots in the north-western part of Romania? As I have said previously transit from Baltics to Romania is an uninteresting and weary part and I would better tow the bikes. How are the rates for say 20-30 days?
Of course if somebody feels that he/she has place to offer, free or otherwise, I am all ears Just PM me, I am glad to discuss!

looking forward to visit Romania again next year
Kalts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:29 AM   #272
MihaiVeniamin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Salutari, roman si eu din Galati.
Imi plac excursiile enduro soft-hobby in special prin Dobrogea sau la munte.
Am fost de asemeni si la EMA (Enisala Moto Adventure) unde am cunoscut oameni minunati.

Greetings, I'm also romanian from Galati.
I like soft enduro trips specially in Dobrogea mountains or mountain-side.
I had been to EMA (Enisala Moto Adventure) where I met alot of wonderfull people.

Mihai
mihaiveniamin@yahoo.com
MihaiVeniamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:16 PM   #273
egret
noob

Oddometer: 359
La multi ani si multa sanatate ! Asfalt uscat ! Doamne ajuta !
egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:58 PM   #274
fle
evil ninja knight

Oddometer: 166
Question

Salut guys!

I am researching about Romania for a future trip and I would like to know how are the roads in Maramures region. Since most of the riders of our group will be dirt haters, we'll have to stick to the asphalt I would like to avoid traffic and stick to the "yellow" roads, but I have to bear in mind that we'll have 2 sport tourers with us...

About the Transfargasan, did they fix the southern part of the road? It was a bit shitty few years ago.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:30 AM   #275
casperghst42
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by fle View Post
Salut guys!

I am researching about Romania for a future trip and I would like to know how are the roads in Maramures region. Since most of the riders of our group will be dirt haters, we'll have to stick to the asphalt I would like to avoid traffic and stick to the "yellow" roads, but I have to bear in mind that we'll have 2 sport tourers with us...

About the Transfargasan, did they fix the southern part of the road? It was a bit shitty few years ago.
Hummm, I had "good" and "bad" roads there. You can do it without doing dirt, but you'll not be able to do it without seen a "few" potholes.

Casper
casperghst42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #276
asilindean
Adrian

Oddometer: 132
Hi there,

South part of Transfagarasan was still shitty last year. with the nasty winter we had I don't expect improvements.

Even some asphalt roads might have surprises for your colleagues rider. Ity was a bad winter and Romanian roads are known not to last ....

Ride Safe and have a great trip,
Adrian

QUOTE=fle;18270888]Salut guys!

About the Transfargasan, did they fix the southern part of the road? It was a bit shitty few years ago.[/QUOTE]
asilindean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:33 AM   #277
scabron
muc haiduc

Oddometer: 42
we have a project in romania regarding the road surface condition

http://www.openmap.ro/moto/

might help
Old 04-20-2012, 04:51 AM   #278
fle
evil ninja knight

Oddometer: 166
Big up to you!

Thank you all for the help!

After 2 weeks of recon through Romania, me and my friend were very impressed by the people (very nice) and the scenery. Tochitura and Silva dark are the best!
Can't wait to come back.

scarbon, thank you very much. Your site is very usefull. It's a very good reference for someone who never been there.
I know it's also other riders updating the map, but if I can make a constructive comment. It would be good to promove better road description, because in some info there is none. Or also add a picturež
But anyway. Great great project. Thanks for sharing!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 AM   #279
scabron
muc haiduc

Oddometer: 42
@ fle

glad you enjoyed the ride.
regarding the openmap project, i'm only a contributor to it, not the owner. nevertheless, your feedback is welcome and i'll pass it on to the guys in charge.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #280
rasomon
n00b

Oddometer: 3
I heard thatTransfăgărășan will be closed for all the traffic for some time. Can somebody please provide us with some info? I was planning to drive that road (and Transalpina) in the midle of June. I have enduro bike (BMW 650 GS), would be posible to drive with it anyway? Does anybody knows in what condition is Transalpina? I know it was a lot of snow last winter.

Thanks for any info.
rasomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #281
ACHIMOTO
ACHIMOTO

Oddometer: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasomon View Post
I heard thatTransfăgărășan will be closed for all the traffic for some time. Can somebody please provide us with some info? I was planning to drive that road (and Transalpina) in the midle of June. I have enduro bike (BMW 650 GS), would be posible to drive with it anyway? Does anybody knows in what condition is Transalpina? I know it was a lot of snow last winter.

Thanks for any info.

Heloo

Yes the Transfagarasan is closed , until the end of June , maybe if it will be verry hot and the snow melt , it will be open , but we dont know exactley when ???

Transalpina is Open right now , on some section of the road , are just one way is cleared of snow , baut the people over there said that in 1 or 2 weeks , it wil be all clear .

- Maybe if you pass , on Transalpina in 15 - 17 June , maybe you can stop on our Soft Enduro festival , near the Transalpina Road - 25 km , in the mountains ,
We will be there , make pictures , stay on camp fire , eat traditional food , drink and have fun .
--- This is our web page with all the detaills : http://achimoto.ro/carpathiansmotoad...dex%20eng.html
Allso the link for the topic on ADV Rider : http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792484

ALL THE BEST , and good road !!!

Motorcycle Adventures in beautiful Romania .
http://achimoto.ro/carpathiansmotoadventure/index%20eng.html
ACHIMOTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #282
ChrisUK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
Brit biker passing through

Anyone around next week? Drink a beer?

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834112
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:37 AM   #283
LethPhaos
brb

Oddometer: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by scabron View Post
we have a project in romania regarding the road surface condition

http://www.openmap.ro/moto/

might help
what do the dotted lines mean?
LethPhaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #284
Dickyb
Bewildered Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038
Transylvania, Maramures and Bucovina

Bună ziua motocicliști română,

My wife and I will be touring Transylvania, Maramures and Bucovina in June 2013. We will be on a Yamaha XT660R and would like to do some light off road where possible. We last toured Transylvania 10 years ago and had a fantastic time. We are looking for information on "must see" sights in Maramures and Bucovina. Are home stays available in these areas. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Mulțumesc,

Dickyb,

DickyB's Turkish Delights - ADVrider
Dickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:18 PM   #285
ChrisUK
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 588
Not much recent traffic on this thread :(

I'm riding around Eastern Romania between 9th and 16 April, likely in the triangle Bucharest/ Brasov/ Danube Delta.

Anyone around for a beer? Look out for a matt-black rat of a Honda Transalp with a British numberplate and more rust than paint ;)
ChrisUK is offline   Reply With Quote