ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #8641
sjeproductions
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodzilla View Post
Why oh why can't I just crap money!?! So much want.
Ummm, if you do figure out how to do that, I'd be happy to sell the 640 to you, but please launder the cash first!
sjeproductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #8642
Xtremjeepn
Motorhead!

Oddometer: 1,566
Kinda a feeler post.

I have a 6 month old Rev'it Cayenne pro full jacket and pants. Large jacket.....and forget the size pants.....would look really awkward for me to check right now in starbucks since I'm wearing them. I'm 6'2, 32" waist, but the pants adjust outward. This stuff was upgraded with the SASTEC back protector.

Absolutely LOVE the gear but might have a deal too good to pass up on some other gear and would need to sell this to fund it.

I'd take about half of new. Jacket was about $700 pants were about $450. So $575.

Picture from a few weeks ago riding down the coast.

06 KTM 950 Adventure(The Fainting Goat)
02 F650GS DAKAR
2 KLR650s Travel bikes http://coffeemotorcycleswine.blogspot.com/

Xtremjeepn screwed with this post 05-25-2012 at 01:44 PM
Xtremjeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #8643
motodutch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
xr 650 L

selling my xr 650 l 8,000 mi. corbin seat,5gal. tank,jet kit,xr's only exh. billit rear rack, large dirt bags.3,500 e mail to hendriksgarage@msn.com
motodutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #8644
TimothyCaseTimothy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
I'll take $4500 for this bad-boy this weekend...don't need it sitting around anymore...

Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyCaseTimothy View Post
Posted this awhile ago with no joy...I'm off Thursday (today) and Friday if you want to come check it out...I live right by City Park...

Originally Posted by TimothyCaseTimothy
Just had the "why do we need a truck that big" talk with my future wife...I told her that the only place I'd consider listing my baby was on this forum, since it seems like most people on here are trustworthy and know a fair deal when they see one...

So...here's my attempt at peace at my casa:

I have a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Magnum that has 161,311 (edit: a bit more now, but not much) miles on it as of 6:16pm tonight. I bought this truck in September of this past year and it had 159,778 at that time. As you can see, we don't drive it much. I pretty much send my State Farm rep on vacation when I pay my insurance tab, with a car, truck and two motorcycles, so my/our mileage is spread pretty thin across all of those vehicles.

When I bought I took it to get its emissions done by the lovely people at AirCare Colorado and it passed with flying colors. Next I took it over to a shop to have some work done to make it 100% bombproof here's what I had done:
$replaced the front brake rotors
$replaced the front brake pads with "severe duty" pads to allow for better on and off road stopping capability
$replaced the front drive shaft u-joint
$had an alignment done
$replaced the hinge on the drivers side door

I have the maintenance records from the previous owner, but this thing runs strong, starts easily in the cold and is pretty awesome.

The previous owner installed a BOOMING detachable face Alpine stereo system, complete with custom speakers and subwoofer installed underneath the rear bench seat and an iPod dock hard wired into the glove compartment. This thing is ridiculously loud. It also has two speakers hardwired into the engine compartment that allows you to play very loud animal noises or connect your mic and randomly hassle people on the road. Don't ask... The windows are tinted which allow for an easy get away when playing cow noises while driving past chicks leaving the bars.

Things I've done (besides maintenance to the tune of $1700) to her include adding side steps to the driver and passenger side doors (the truck is kind of tall for the vertically challenged), bought a BRAND NEW color-matched A.R.E. topper with the ultra high rear (bought this to use in conjunction with my mountain bikes, etc.), installed a Bed Rug bed liner which is plush like carpet but takes a beating like Line-X, and have even installed a remote keyless entry and alarm system that works like a charm...and some other misc. stuff that makes the truck a stellar driver, camper, etc.

Heat works great, AC blows cold, haven't used the 4x4 feature, towing package, etc., etc.

Like I said, the truck is sweet, but I'm looking to either trade or sell outright...

For trades, I was thinking anything like a station wagon (Forester, All-Road, Element) or smaller truck...the key here is that it should be a "turnkey" trade, meaning I turn the key and go. You'll get the very same in return. For an outright sale I'd like to get $5500 cash (or check from local, trusted advrider), which I think is fair considering the condition and mods (new topper, etc.). Whatcha got???

If you have something of interest, drop me a PM...I live in Denver proper...

Pics: https://picasaweb.google.com/1093892...eat=directlink

Thanks!

Tim

From 1997 Dodge Ram For Sale: $5500
TimothyCaseTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #8645
tgeliot
Topher

Oddometer: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjeproductions View Post
Ummm, if you do figure out how to do that, I'd be happy to sell the 640 to you, but please launder the cash first!
Way back during one of the earlier rounds of public debate about single-payer health insurance, there was a great ad where they're rushing a guy on a gurney through the hospital saying "Get this guy to a private room, stat! He has money coming out the wazoo!"
1) Coroner's report is to read "Death by misadventure."
2) Dixieland jazz band at my funeral.
tgeliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #8646
minimotos95
Too cheap for a KLR

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimotos95 View Post
anybody want my 144 dirt cheap? i just through it back together, ran it for a little and the oil got discolored, it may be coolant leaking in, water that got in there or just left over from last time the water pump blew... needs a new rear tire and the clutch cable adjusted... i don't ride anymore so there's no point in keeping it or working on it anymore... i have over $3000 in it
1994 kx125k1
eric gorr 144 bore and port with less then 10 hours on it
2002 rear suspension and much much more.
always ran redline premix up until today when i put arctic cat premix in it
weight is about the same as a fancy new yz125 with an aluminum frame

price for inmates is $1000 firm
$200+ worth of spare parts included
trades accepted
looking specifically for a ttr50 with MSO/MCO plus cash or a kawasaki streetbike... zr7, concours, kz650 or kz1000p preferred

i'm in montrose
price dropped to $920 firm
Old 05-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #8647
yzergod
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
1999 BMW F650 Classic "Funduro"

Up for sale is my beloved 1999 BMW F650 Classic, named by the factory the "Funduro". This Aprilla designed bike is often called the best bike ever built by BMW because of the Aprilla design and the bullet proof Rotax engine. My bike has 28,362 (and counting) miles. If you know about these bikes, you will know that they are fun, reliable, forgiving bikes that are great for commuters, beginners into the adventure bike segment, or younger/female/smaller entries into the wonderful world of BMW's. It has the following upgrades;
New (less than 500 miles on them) Metzler Tourance tires
A used (ebay) Corbin saddle
The factory seat
A torn factory seat I was going to send off to have a custom seat made
Factory trunk & city side cases (all use same key) and mounts
De-smogged
CDI/rectifier relocate done
New battery 3/2012
New within 1000 miles non o-ring chain and both sprockets (front 15 tooth to make it peppier in town/offroad)
New (in box) o-ring chain and both sprockets
spare oil filters
Mirror movers
Oil temp gauge dipstick
Factory flyscreen
Factory original windshield (badly scratched and clear coated - thanks unhonest ebayer!)
Heated Grips
Spare set of Metzler Karoo knobbies at 75% or better
Clear Colorado Title
Complete factory lowering kit (dog bones, side stand, center stand) to drop the bike 2" (great for ladies, young riders, those short on stature)
Factory engine guard
Kickstand bottom plate

I got this bike from another ADVRider member to jump into the Adventure foray. I did not like how heavy it was off-road (as compared to a KTM) or the unforgiving plastic body work, so I never took it off-road. I bought all the stuff to raise it up from the lowered height and rode it around town as my daily fun bike. The quick release lockable luggage comes in handy and I'd have no problem loading it up and driving cross country. I bought another bike and promised the CFO that this one and another one would go to compensate. If serious, call me (Cramer) on my cell - 970749323six.
$3200 for inmates!! Thanks!

yzergod screwed with this post 05-26-2012 at 09:00 AM
yzergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:20 PM   #8648
Atomicdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Suzuki DRZ400e stock yellow tank

$40.00
Rob 720-275-566eight
Atomicdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:07 AM   #8649
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,785

Wow Natalie, that bike is perfectly farkled.

Good luck with the sale.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 07:36 AM   #8650
Atomicdog
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Salomon mach2 womens medium snowboard helmet w/ spy goggles

Barely used, $20 bucks, or some tommyknockers wheat bear
Atomicdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #8651
c.vestal
Rally On

Oddometer: 4,738
Shortypants Trek 8000

Shortypants Trek 8000
Region Riley upgraded her cycle so this is going.
$360
Avid brakes, Rock Shok Judy

Upgraded the stock to add:
Gripshift 9.0 rear derailleur
Gripshift 7.0 shifters
Rolf Wheels
XT levers.

Currently has cut down bars. Too narrow for riding out here. I am throwing in an Easton EC70 carbon bar.
c.vestal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #8652
Wings
marmaduked

Oddometer: 13,861
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post

Wow Natalie, that bike is perfectly farkled.

Good luck with the sale.
Thanks Ben

Smugmug coupon code: CKZQ0vLPlmLFw
Wings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #8653
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 999
Looking for a Kermit in case anyone has one to sell. Trying to avoid the $180 for a new one with a cupholder...

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #8654
KilLeR Kawasaki
Marky A

Oddometer: 897
Sold, Baby, Sold!

I HAVE FOUR BIKES! MUST SELL TWO! This is an absolute bargain for a great bike. Are you concerned by the amount of work I've done on this bike? You should be much more concerned if the eight year old bike you are considering has had none of this done.

17,500 miles on this great bike. I've owned the bike for about one year and 1700 miles.

This is the work I did before I put it on the road.

• Completely flushed and cleaned brakes cleaning the reservoirs and calipers. Replaced OEM lines with stainless steel brake lines. New pads all around as well. Complete brake job. They work great now.

• Sanded and repainted any rust on the exhaust system. Should last forever now.

• Replaced differential fluid.

• Greased splines on drive shaft.

• Disassembled and cleaned and greased all rear linkages. Not a squeak to be heard. Should be good for life!

• Synched carbs at 4k revs so it runs as smooth as possible.

• Rebuilt both front forks and installed Progressive Springs with 15 weight fork oil. Good to go for a long time now!

• Changed the oil and filter. Manual says good for another 4200 miles (6k oil change interval). Have extra filter for new owner.

• Installed K&N air filter.

• Disassembled and cleaned every part of this bike thoroughly. Even bought a table lift so I'd physically be able to enjoy the bike after I was done.

• Buttoned it back up with Murph's "Deluxe Stainless Steel Screw Kit " to get away from the phillips screws.

• Custom seat. Far better than stock for this year.

• Installed Signal Dynamics headlight modulator. Get seen by the cagers!

• Installed switched/unswitched fused power block.

• Ran power to left fairing pocket.

• Cobra Radar Detector

• Has huge Givi trunk. I usually leave the saddle bags home and just use the trunk.

• New Grips and Crampbuster included.

• New Stainless Steel Brake lines and Clutch Line.

• New maintenance free battery in February

• This bike runs great. It is a touring bike with the heart of a sport bike. These bikes are bullet proof and have twenty years of accessory support and parts availability.

Issues:

• Last owner dropped it on his lawn (he said) and cracked a piece of the right middle fairing off. I still have the piece. I haven't tried to repair..

• There are scratches on the gas tank and on some of the plastics. Some can be seen from pictures.

• Windscreen is in rough shape. I am planning to try to make it look better.

• Mechanically it is strong as a bull. Everything is straight on the bike and it is ready to ride.

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!
    http://motodelmundo.blogspot.com/
    KilLeR Kawasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 05-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #8655
    KilLeR Kawasaki
    Marky A

Oddometer: 897
    BMW K1200RS- Still for sale! $4450

I HAVE FOUR BIKES! MUST SELL TWO! This is an absolute bargain for a great bike. Better than the previous years because it has the Integrated ABS.

Good write up here.

http://www.k-bikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=145712&postcount=19

Very well maintained and in impeccable condition for its year and miles. Super quick and smooth with more generous ergos than your normal sportbike. Carve up the canyons or flip on the factory cruise and chew up the super slab. Linked ABS brakes take will throw you over the bars if your not too careful. New sticky tires will bring out your internal Rossi.

This is the best of both worlds, super handling sport bike with touring aspirations. Spend $17k on a new bike with features like this, or less than five grand for one that is hitting on all four cylinders.

130 HP * 6 Speed Transmission * Dual 4 pot front brakes * Two pot rear brakes * ABS * Heated Grips * Factory Cruise Control * Touring Bags * New Grips * New Michelin Pilot Road 3 Tires * Perfect Plastics and Seat * Two position pegs * Two position seat * Adjustable Bars * Two position Windscreen * One year old Battery * 67k Miles

QUESTIONS ASKED AND ANSWERED

Hello, are you the first owner? Do you have all of the service records? Where
    is the bike in its service history?

I believe I am the third owner. I bought it after it was traded in for an FJ Cruiser at my dealership. Our sales guy told me the owner had done the 60k service at BMW but I have no records. He also stated that the PO had only had it a short time. It may have had most of the miles by one person but again, I don't know. I bought it in November with 66k on the clock. I changed the oil and filter. The oil I drained looked brand new. I've replaced the tires, and that's it. I bought a Clymer's manual that I will include in the sale.

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!

craig!