ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #151
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,483
Bruce! Like I said.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:53 PM   #152
Colorado Uli

Rode from 25 Rd to Fruita on tracks and dirts roads this morning. Epic conditions. Last night's rain gave it purrfect grip.

Das KTM520
Old 05-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #153
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifty2eighty4life View Post
I am so glad I found this thread! I am getting back into dirt biking but have been riding street since I was 16. Only 6 years total riding though (yes...I'm young.) I would love to get in on some of the group rides that you guys are planning! I'm a recent CMU grad, newly commissioned Marine officer and have some time to kill before I ship out this fall. For dirt, I ride a KTM 520 MXC, street- either KTM Superduke or '83 Goldwing (yes polar opposites) and am about to pick up a new toy in 2 weeks....DR650!! SO excited for such an cheap/economical bike! I am glad to hop aboard and meet the regulars. BTW, Greg, I think I recognize your name from Ih8mud...If so i recall you selling my dream rig (LX450). Small world? looking forward to a great riding season!
Welcome! The DR650 is a great bike, like Uli said, perfect for this area! I just listed my DR650 for sale, hoping to upgrade to something a bit lighter, in the Orange flavor. We will see how it all works out.

You're correct about the LX450 on IH8Mud, I sold it last Fall. I loved that rig, it was amazing... I needed a pickup though. I have my truck now and I'm in the process of building it up as a replacement for that FZJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
Rode from 25 Rd to Fruita on tracks and dirts roads this morning. Epic conditions. Last night's rain gave it purrfect grip.
Nice!! On the Super Enduro, I take it? How is it running?
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:57 PM   #154
Colorado Uli

Yeah, on the SE. Running great, for now. :-). Soooo much power, it still blows my mind after four years.
Ride fast, take chances!

Das KTM520
Old 05-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #155
GJRider
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Dolores Triangle

Hello, I'm out of GJ also. I was curious if anyone knows approx. mileage from the CO/UT border on Glade Park, following down Sheep Creek road till you hit the Dolores River? I made it to the first stream crossing when you come into the oak brush and taller cedars, but wasn't sure about the rest of the route. Later talked to a rancher up there and I was on the right route. Thanks, i was just curious about mileage to figure out fuel.
GJRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #156
Colorado Uli

To Gateway from Glade Park? About 30 miles, I would guess. Remember, no more fuel in Gateway. Greg, got better number?
What are you riding?

Das KTM520
Old 05-29-2012, 08:08 PM   #157
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 16,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJRider View Post
Hello, I'm out of GJ also. I was curious if anyone knows approx. mileage from the CO/UT border on Glade Park, following down Sheep Creek road till you hit the Dolores River? I made it to the first stream crossing when you come into the oak brush and taller cedars, but wasn't sure about the rest of the route. Later talked to a rancher up there and I was on the right route. Thanks, i was just curious about mileage to figure out fuel.
Not real sure, but I think it's about 30 miles from the Park Service fee station to the T where the "off road" stuff starts. (coming from Monument Road park entrance)

Prolly 25-30 miles to Gateway from there. Uli will chime in. I'm no navigator.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:10 PM   #158
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
To Gateway from Glade Park? About 30 miles, I would guess. Remember, no more fuel in Gateway. Greg, got better number?
What are you riding?
30 miles sounds about right, but it feels like 60!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:28 AM   #159
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 660
Greg, are you selling the DR650? What is your long-range DS ride going to be then?
I was sure hoping to get a ride or 2 in with you in June. How about a loop ride via the Big 3, Tabaguache-Paradox-Kokopelli? That would be an Epic day!
BTW- Is there some kind of a barrier where the Tabaguache Trail hits 141 from Glade Park? My understanding is the last little bit is non-motorized only.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:05 PM   #160
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRonski View Post
Greg, are you selling the DR650? What is your long-range DS ride going to be then?
I was sure hoping to get a ride or 2 in with you in June. How about a loop ride via the Big 3, Tabaguache-Paradox-Kokopelli? That would be an Epic day!
BTW- Is there some kind of a barrier where the Tabaguache Trail hits 141 from Glade Park? My understanding is the last little bit is non-motorized only.
Yeah, the DR actually sold. My replacement will hopefully be something Orange, but the bike I wanted sold before I could get a deposit down on it! I'm having a hard time finding another, I was hoping to not be dual sport less for more than a week, but at this point, it may be awhile!

I don't know about the Tabaguache Trail between 141 and Glade Park... guess I've never ridden it! I wouldn't doubt that it's non-motorized in portion, I've heard rumor that was the case.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #161
GJRider
Adventurer

Hey guys thanks for the replys. Yea, from the border to the first small running creek I came to was about 19 miles. I had to call it and turn back just because I wasn't 100% sure where I was going It sure gets pretty rugged back there!
On another note about the Tabaguache.. the section running from Bangs Canyon parking lot going towards Hwy 141 is ridable but....the last 1/4 mile or less is private land with No bypass for motorized vehicles I think Cloud9 has dropped in somewhere else, but I'm not sure about that. I would love to know as well!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #162
GJRider
Adventurer

I've ran the section of Tabaguache that goes from the bottom of Hwy 141 and heads towards cactus park and then it shoots up to the road that leads to Divide Forks campground. Thats a fun area with lots of little off shoots to ride.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #163
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

I've ridden it from Monument (now closed) to Bangs Canyon to Nucla; Placerville and all points in between.

Greg I have something orange for sale, soon, if you're interested.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:17 AM   #164
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
.... Greg I have something orange for sale, soon, if you're interested.
Oh yeah? I'm looking for a KTM 690 Enduro, probably not what you've got, eh? They seem somewhat rare to find, used.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #165
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
Oh yeah? I'm looking for a KTM 690 Enduro, probably not what you've got, eh? They seem somewhat rare to find, used.
True and true. They are fantastic bikes. Cross-country, who is a skilled pilot of a 950 SE, swears they are everything the SE is, only better and 150 lbs lighter. Nonetheless, I ain't selling the SE.

I have a pair of 09 530 XC-Ws I'm looking to sell.