Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 08:50 AM   #1621
ZZ-R Rider
Captain Fantastic

Oddometer: 409
Yes, the CBR250R gets significantly better fuel-mileage than it's main competition here in North America, the Kawi EX250 (in all of it's variants).

Other things I remember noticing while testing the CBR ... I mentioned it seemed solid ... my Kawasaki's plastic bodywork tends to rattle when going over sharp bumps or wash-board pavement; seems much more "flimsy" compared to the Honda.

The Honda also has a taller seat-height than my ZZ-R ... couldn't quite flat-foot the Honda which would make backing it up a bit more daunting on slightly off-camber pavement!
Old 05-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #1622
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 692
Here's a nice blog by a guy with a CBR250R
http://cbr250rtouringadventures.blogspot.com/
sendler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #1623
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Zero Gravity Windscreens available

Zero Gravity has finally finished their entire range of taller windscreens for the Honda CBR250R.

http://www.zerogravity-racing.com/index.php

sendler screwed with this post 05-31-2012 at 10:17 AM
Old 05-31-2012, 09:10 AM   #1624
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Oddometer: 715
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendler View Post
Zero Gravity has finally finished their entire range of taller windscreens for the Honda CBR250R

That sport touring looks pretty good, better than the Honda add on. But what is install like on that, not a 15 minute job?
scooterspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:05 AM   #1625
sendler
Studly Adventurer

3 hours and 15 minutes more like it for the first time you change the windscreen. After that, you will be an expert.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #1626
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Quote:
3 hours and 15 minutes more like it for the first time you change the windscreen. After that, you will be an expert.
Hmm, still considering the add on then, I guess. Do we really need anymore experts?
That link and the photo don't work, maybe it's not quite ready.
That bike doesn't show any mirrors on it.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #1627
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Might actually all be photoshop at this point. There is a step by step instructional thread on the windshield replacement at cbr250.net
Old 06-01-2012, 08:24 AM   #1628
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Quote:
Might actually all be photoshop at this point. There is a step by step instructional thread on the windshield replacement at cbr250.net
Well, it might still happen. If this screen is as effective as the ZG on your ninja, then it may be hard to resist. Do you think it will improve your mileage any?

I worry that mileage may be worse than stock over 60mph. But with that touring screen, the front does start to more resemble a raindrop, so maybe it will be an overall improvement. My typical commute is less than 25miles one way, so the stock screen has been pretty good for me. But, with my tank bag, my full tuck is about the top of that touring screen anyway
Old 06-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #1629
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterspirit View Post
Well, it might still happen. If this screen is as effective as the ZG on your ninja, then it may be hard to resist. Do you think it will improve your mileage any?

I worry that mileage may be worse than stock over 60mph. But with that touring screen, the front does start to more resemble a raindrop, so maybe it will be an overall improvement. My typical commute is less than 25miles one way, so the stock screen has been pretty good for me. But, with my tank bag, my full tuck is about the top of that touring screen anyway
Thos ZG windscreens are definitely being built. Eventually. Fuel economy will drop slightly with the larger screen as will visibility in the rain if you are looking through it. But the quietness would be worth it on non rainy days. Too bad it is such an ordeal to change the screen or I would switch back and forth According to the weather. I can change the screen on the Ninja250 in 60 seconds.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:46 PM   #1630
EdM
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 300
Were you immediately comfortable on the CBR?

I've been trying to decide on a new motorcycle for quite some time. I'm very interested in the CBR and the Suzuki TU250. I do think the CBR may be a slightly better choice (a little more HP, cast wheels, some wind protection) but I had the opportunity to sit on both at a dealership and felt quite comfortable on the TU but less so on the CBR. I was somewhat surprised as the reported seat height is essentially the same. I'm 6' with a 32" inseam.

Keep in mind this was based on less than a minute of seat time and no actual riding.

This has me wondering if I'm being too critical. Did most of you quickly become acclimated to the CBR? My prior bikes were all "standards". I know aftermarket seats are available but was hoping to avoid that.

Appreciate any opinions.

Ned
EdM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #1631
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM View Post
I've been trying to decide on a new motorcycle for quite some time. I'm very interested in the CBR and the Suzuki TU250.
How much will you ride on the interstate? The CBR will kill the TU.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #1632
scooterspirit
Ilovekitty

Quote:
How much will you ride on the interstate? The CBR will kill the TU.
what's the question?
Old 06-01-2012, 08:29 PM   #1633
NJ-Brett
Brett

Oddometer: 6,327
I was on the interstate with my TU250 yesterday, and had no problems running 85 mph.
The cbr has a lot more power, but I find the TU no limitation in any riding I do.
Almost 10,000 miles on my TU and its still the most fun bike I ever had.

I am in South Jersey and its flat and sea level, but go over to PA often and its a hoot in the hills.
I also do 2 up with the wife very often and the TU handles it very well, in suspension and power, as well as comfort.
The standard upgrades are one tooth up on the front sprocket and one size up on both tires.
80 mpg seems normal, 75 in the winter, up to 85 in the summer.
NJ-Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #1634
sendler
Studly Adventurer

Both are good bikes I guess. Along with the Ninja250. I like the fuel closed loop fuel injection of the CBR250R and the $4100 price.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #1635
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,136
Saw one up close today; the rider had a GPR slip-on and it sounded surprisingly good.

He was pretty happy with the bike, said he got 80-100mpg (imperial) and had bought the bike for low running costs in general.

I was pretty impressed with the look of it tbh, it seemed larger than I remember from the showroom.
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote