User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 01:04 AM   #46
Mekongfrank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
D2D and Faibanks? Sounds good to me!

Justin, I guess it's well over a year since we met down south in El Calafate, Argentina. I'm still on my slow way north, right now in Belize City. Alas, I'll have to speed up a bit now, but I hope to be in Mexico in a couple of days, in AZ or CA early May and if I don't get distracted too much I should make it to Dawson in time for the meeting. Fairbanks is on my way further north anyway, so count me in and reserve some cold ones for this old German and maybe new tires and fresh oil for his worn out Beemer!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #47
clearcut
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Throw another shirmp on....
Old 04-01-2012, 05:17 PM   #48
AKRoadrunner
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
I plan on being there. I'm gonna do my best to make the Dust2Dawson, but I will definitely be at the BBQ.
AKRoadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #49
buduski
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 129
Count me in!

Hey Justin, I'll be riding solo from West Virginia, stopping by the D2D for a couple days, then onto Fairbanks. This works out perfectly, I have a room at the UA Fairbanks starting Sunday night. "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Is your shop far from the university?
buduski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:32 PM   #50
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,809
bump!
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #51
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel

Oddometer: 198
Thumb Keep on rolling Frank...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekongfrank View Post
Justin, I guess it's well over a year since we met down south in El Calafate, Argentina. I'm still on my slow way north, right now in Belize City. Alas, I'll have to speed up a bit now, but I hope to be in Mexico in a couple of days, in AZ or CA early May and if I don't get distracted too much I should make it to Dawson in time for the meeting. Fairbanks is on my way further north anyway, so count me in and reserve some cold ones for this old German and maybe new tires and fresh oil for his worn out Beemer!
It will be good to tip back some tasty fresh brews with you Frank. Looking forward to seeing you and actually getting some riding in with you this time!
TheSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #52
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel

Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by buduski View Post
Hey Justin, I'll be riding solo from West Virginia, stopping by the D2D for a couple days, then onto Fairbanks. This works out perfectly, I have a room at the UA Fairbanks starting Sunday night. "I love it when a plan comes together!"

Yessir!

Is your shop far from the university?
Considering you are coming in from WV, nope... not far. UAF dorms are about 2 miles from the shop...
Old 06-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #53
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekongfrank View Post
If you are in the Anchorage area you are welcome to some home cooked German food and Beer. My wife is one hell of a cook. She is from Heidelberg area.
Old 06-01-2012, 10:19 PM   #54
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel

Wicked Thanks for the BUMP! Here's the skinny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
bump!
Thanks for the bump "ThatGuy"... Spring hit us in full swing here in Fairbanks. The shop has been slammed busy with bikes flying out the door. I did get a sweet trip in down to Homer on a brand new 2012 BMW K16GTL though, so I guess being busy has its perks. Hopefully soon I'll get some photos uploaded from that trip on the www.trailsendbmw.blogspot.com blog page.

For now however, I'll just get to the point...

Post Dust2Dawson BBQ at Trail's End BMW

Trail's End BMW will be hosting a free afternoon BBQ at the shop from 11-3 on Sunday, June 24th!
This will be a family style, low key BBQ with dogs, brats, burgers & fixin's, cold salads, maybe some chips...

Come on by on your way into Fairbanks for some tasty free food, use the restrooms, relax, check out our store and share stories from the road.

Around 3 pm we can take a group ride somewhere in the area. If the weather is bad, it'll probably be a short ride.

If the weather is great, probably be a little longer...

Our afternoon destination will be the HOWLING DOG SALOON in downtown FOX, ALASKA, where the annual FOODSTOCK festival will be in full swing. Live music, sand volleyball, drinking, dancing and general merriment will be on hand. Five cans of food or $5US Dollars is the price of admission and all proceeds go to a local Fairbank's Food Shelf.

The Howling Dog has a great bar that serves LOTS of tasty beer and their kitchen puts out my favorite cheesesteak in town. Lollipop will mix you the cocktail of your choice better than any other.

Directly across Fox's Main St. is Silver Gulch Brewery and Restaurant, source of gallons upon gallons of barley pop joy for Fairbanksans and tourists alike, and has a great menu if you're looking for a place to sit down to eat dinner.

The proprietor of the Howling Dog has offered up free camping for any of the Dust2Dawson participants who'd like a place to park their bike and pitch a tent for the night. Be prepared to camp on mine tailings: i.e. have a decent sleeping pad or drink many tasty cold beverages before getting horizontal. Sounds like the music is going until midnight or so... which is roughly 5 minutes after sunset and 5 minutes before sunrise or something like that...

If you are staying at UAF you can come enjoy the music and the icy cold DRAUGHT ROOT BEER, stay sober and ride the short 5-10 mile ride back to campus.

Looking forward to seeing you all in Dawson City! And then here in Fairbanks!

-Justin
trailsendbmw@gmail.com
Old 06-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #55
ThatGuy
Brownie

Oddometer: 4,809
Like the idea of the tent spot!
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.
ThatGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #56
Mekongfrank
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk_Uncle View Post
If you are in the Anchorage area you are welcome to some home cooked German food and Beer. My wife is one hell of a cook. She is from Heidelberg area.
Sounds good - I should be in Anchorage around July 1st, after Prudhoe Bay. Btw, I'm from Stuttgart, about 100km south of Heidelberg. See you at D2D or in Fairbanks.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #57
crash!!!
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
I'm in.

Sounds like a great time and I will be there!
crash!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #58
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel

Wink See you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash!!! View Post
Sounds like a great time and I will be there!
Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing you all here or in Dawson City!
Old 06-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #59
TheSeeker OP
Slingin' Steel

Wicked Getting close now...

Getting pretty excited to depart for D2D!

And it even looks like the roads in the Yukon could be open for the lesser 48'ers to make it too!

Bring on Dawson...
Old 06-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #60
winterbikker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Service Needed

Hey Justin! We met you at the D2D. Can't make the BBQ as we're on our way up the Dempster but will be coming through Fairbanks next week and need some service. Here's the list:

Dieter Front brake pads for 2009 BMW GSA installed
Steve Rear brake pads for 2005 BMW GS and oil change installed
Jean Rear mud guard that bolts to final drive broke off. Need new one installed.
Robyn 20,000 kms service (she called before and booked it)

Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you need to order something.

See you soon!