ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 07:49 AM   #19786
reidinitaly
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Crestview, Florida
Oddometer: 229
Saturday Ride

So where are we riding on Saturday, Brox, Spec, Timberlake, Mossy Head?!? Doesn't matter to me, I just need to sling some dirt (sand).... Let's get a plan together!
__________________
2012 KTM 500 EXC - Looking to make four bikes outta one - Trails, D/S, Moto, Motard (wheels purchased / need to get'em mounted)...

Keep the Rubber Side Down
reidinitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #19787
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidinitaly View Post
So where are we riding on Saturday, Brox, Spec, Timberlake, Mossy Head?!? Doesn't matter to me, I just need to sling some dirt (sand).... Let's get a plan together!
Im with ya... let see who else is in. Fire may impact Timberlake Ride. Always do Spec or Brox. Got some rain over here today.
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #19788
Orange Crushed
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Orange Crushed's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Im with ya... let see who else is in. Fire may impact Timberlake Ride. Always do Spec or Brox. Got some rain over here today.
I'm out this weekend. My A.D.D. concerning hobbies has me taking the boat after some infamous "Red Snapper" in the morning.
__________________
2010 KTM 530 EXC Champions Edition
2002 KLR-250
1988 Kawasaki KE-100
Orange Crushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #19789
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,089
Joel,
One of my customers was going snapper fishing on opening day tomorrow, but cancelled because of 4'-8' seas.

Tough Guy,,,that'll leave more of the big'uns for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crushed View Post
I'm out this weekend. My A.D.D. concerning hobbies has me taking the boat after some infamous "Red Snapper" in the morning.
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #19790
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
Joel,
One of my customers was going snapper fishing on opening day tomorrow, but cancelled because of 4'-8' seas.

Tough Guy,,,that'll leave more of the big'uns for you!
What's the best bait for red snapper?
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #19791
Rob Dirt
More or less in line
 
Rob Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Mobile
Oddometer: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
What's the best bait for red snapper?
A big penis & a big bank account.
__________________
Heart of Dixie
Rob Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #19792
Barney
I reckon so
 
Barney's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Location: Florida
Oddometer: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Dirt View Post
A big penis & a big bank account.

You're thinking of pink snapper.
Barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:34 PM   #19793
Madhouse
Semi-Goodlookin!
 
Madhouse's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Location: Cantonment Florida
Oddometer: 3,089
OH!
I get it now!

Yawwl are some funny fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney View Post
You're thinking of pink snapper.
Madhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:52 PM   #19794
Orange Crushed
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Orange Crushed's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Pensacola
Oddometer: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods Rider View Post
What's the best bait for red snapper?
Normally they either go for Cigar Minnows or Cut Up Squid.... They also like live Pinfish... The problem is you can only get two per person. So, I figure I'll be paying about $127 per pound to get them!
__________________
2010 KTM 530 EXC Champions Edition
2002 KLR-250
1988 Kawasaki KE-100
Orange Crushed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #19795
ineptizoid
Not Mission Capable
 
ineptizoid's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Underachievement Nexus of the Universe
Oddometer: 5,146
Thanks Mr. Courtney!

Had a great time at the RawHyde clinic hosted by BMW Motorcycles of Pensacola today! The instructors were great, we were fed twice, the price was right, and there was even a wheelie practice session at the very end...Swampy most definitely would not have approved.

There was this one gazoonie there who thought his GS was a dirtbike. He let me ride it, but I couldn't duplicate his turning radius:


Many thanks to Courtney and RawHyde for putting this on!
__________________
*FAIL*

Everything I really needed to know, I learned in Schneider School.

Official Organizer of the ADVrider Sandbox Hooligans Anti-FEE Movement

Quoth the Photojournalist: Am I gonna be the one that's gonna set them straight? Look at me--WRONG!
ineptizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:23 PM   #19796
bzrider
Beastly Adventurer
 
bzrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: p cola
Oddometer: 2,588
Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptizoid View Post
Had a great time at the RawHyde clinic hosted by BMW Motorcycles of Pensacola today! The instructors were great, we were fed twice, the price was right, and there was even a wheelie practice session at the very end...Swampy most definitely would not have approved.

There was this one gazoonie there who thought his GS was a dirtbike. He let me ride it, but I couldn't duplicate his turning radius:


Many thanks to Courtney and RawHyde for putting this on!
thanks courtney, and rawhide .thanks to bmw and woodies wheel works ,great time good people.I got home and found out I dont have to work till wed I am up for a ride any day .ANY TAKERS?????? inept give me a shout
__________________
A GS IS A DIRT BIKE, U CAN'T RIDE>
bzrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #19797
halmc
Turkey T*urd
 
halmc's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Tallahassee, Florida -- home of good ideas
Oddometer: 1,929
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
WR, Stectre, and I went for BW ride today. Early Bird special (almost a dawn patrol).
Quote:
Originally Posted by halmc View Post
Well, OK, then.

I'm ready. Do any of you ride on weekdays?
What am I, chopped frikkin' livvah?
__________________
BMW R1200RT; BMW K1200RS; KTM 300 XCW; BMW F650GS Dakar; Honda Ascot with clean, clear title in hand: hint-hint.
* * *
Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names -- JFK

halmc screwed with this post 06-01-2012 at 04:20 PM
halmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:11 PM   #19798
Rob Dirt
More or less in line
 
Rob Dirt's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Mobile
Oddometer: 2,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
Im with ya... let see who else is in. Fire may impact Timberlake Ride. Always do Spec or Brox. Got some rain over here today.
Do you think they'll stop you because of the fire?
__________________
Heart of Dixie
Rob Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #19799
Vico1
Takin' it Easy
 
Vico1's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Ft Walton Beach FL
Oddometer: 5,530
Hello chopped frikkiin liwah

Quote:
Originally Posted by halmc View Post
What am I, chopped frikkin' livvah?
OK un wad your panties.... sorry to not have responded to your quirry about weekday rides.

It is a rare occcasion but there are several of us who work for ourselves that ocassionally sneek away for a week day ride.

So pick a day and we will do our best to show you a good time. We can go from fairly easy to pure nasty... up to you.

Come on over... and bring the buzztail with you.

I presume you want the easy Blackwater and not the the dreaded sand infested this aint no fun Eglin stuff!
__________________
KTM 500 EXC Yellow Vee Black DR650
A few others in the past

You dont quit riding when you get old, you get old when you quit riding.
I don't always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer VStroms
Vico1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #19800
Woods Rider
X-Crazed Racing Fool
 
Woods Rider's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Navarre, FL
Oddometer: 1,864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vico1 View Post
OK un wad your panties.... sorry to not have responded to your quirry about weekday rides.

It is a rare occcasion but there are several of us who work for ourselves that ocassionally sneek away for a week day ride.

So pick a day and we will do our best to show you a good time. We can go from fairly easy to pure nasty... up to you.

Come on over... and bring the buzztail with you.

I presume you want the easy Blackwater and not the the dreaded sand infested this aint no fun Eglin stuff!
__________________
2009 530 EXC - Dualsport Rocket Ship
2004 DL1000 VStrom - For the road

Only a motorcycle rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the window of a car!
Woods Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014