Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Asia
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #991
Rackemcrackem
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 395
"I am sorry for not being around when greatly needed. Been busy here and there. In fact during rackemcrackem's last visit in March, we only had stolen times where we saw each other for some brown bottles. But eventhough I wasn't around, he was always in my house drinking my beer and taking naps in my couch."

Hey, I resemble that remark! Actually, I only remember a couple of naps on your couch, but riding around Manila did wear me out a little, so there might have been others....As to the brown bottles, yeah, they are a special nap-inducing formula, that's why I usually limit my consumption to small quantities of SM lite in the clear bottles!
Rackemcrackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:42 AM   #992
Hercules
"Proudly Philippine Made"

Oddometer: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackemcrackem View Post
"I am sorry for not being around when greatly needed. Been busy here and there. In fact during rackemcrackem's last visit in March, we only had stolen times where we saw each other for some brown bottles. But eventhough I wasn't around, he is always welcome to my house to drink my beer and taking naps in my couch."

Hey, I resemble that remark! Actually, I only remember a couple of naps on your couch, but riding around Manila did wear me out a little, so there might have been others....As to the brown bottles, yeah, they are a special nap-inducing formula, that's why I usually limit my consumption to small quantities of SM lite in the clear bottles!

Your welcome anytime in my house Terry!
How are you? Hope all is well in your end.
Good job in informing other inmates on how riding in the Phils is.

You can drink as much nap-inducing formula in my house as you want too.
Thanks my Friend!!!

Hercules screwed with this post 05-17-2012 at 02:04 AM
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #993
fierstf
girl power

Oddometer: 61
Awesome. I look forward to meeting everyone and going out for my first ride in the Philippines!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Your wish just came true!

And you will be:

- riding a Suzuki V-strom DL1000 to the event
- with a full BLUE face modular helmet
- a Joe Rocket Phoenix Mesh type jacket
- and a pair of safety knee with shin pads.
fierstf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:19 AM   #994
dunesnstars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Well... It isn't a translap but it did just fine navigating through the countryside of Banaue. Long story with nice bike in Angeles City. I'll explain later but apparently I am too Filipino for them and since I am Filipino, I will steal bike parts. Minor set back. But we rented a car instead. My husband thinks he is now Carlos Sainz. We've had a blast on this trip! Been thru Banaue and checking Tuguegarao soon and the Callao caves.

Here's a shot of our 4WD Ford Fiesta on our trek to Banga-an to visit an Ifugao village:

Lunch with a view at Sanafe Lodge:

Stay tuned...
The rush from riding on two wheels... priceless.
dunesnstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #995
gsblue
i'm undertall...

Oddometer: 168
Sorry to hear about what happened with Nice-Bikes in Angeles City. I once tried to rent a bike for a friend who was a Pinoy also and the girl (a Pinay) there refused. My friend was an OFW and was willing to leave his passport plus all other govt documents that confirmed he is an OFW on a vacation here. Anyway, I got her name and told the staff in our hospital in Angeles City to kick her out if ever she comes in, even just to use the toilet.

Good for you to get the Ford, enjoy the rest of your adventure! :)

Teng
gsblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:09 AM   #996
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,061
I don't know Nice-Bike, but, I have given their name to some people as a place to rent a motorcycle
here in the Philippines.

I guess that will have to stop. Once, maybe a mistake or misunderstanding, more than once, company
policy.
YnotJP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #997
lamyld
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
hi guys, fellow riders, am a filipino too and i know the owner of nicebikes, rolando and his wife... yeah, everything is true that if you're a filipino or filipino looking guy/girl, they have this negative attitude towards lending, leasing or renting their bike. they think that you'll steal spare parts or maybe run away with their bike... hope their attitude towards their customers or soon to be client changes....
ride safe everyone....
lamyld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #998
Hercules

Sorry inmates, that has been their "company policy" since I met them, too bad for us Filipinos.....

On the bright side, consider yourself lucky if you get to meet me or any other Philippine inmates when you visit the Phils. I can show you around (if I am free) and go on a ride with you too, provided that you wont bitch or nag me during the ride.

Will upload new pictures when i have time. been too busy with work and family matters.

Cheers!
Old 06-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #999
rgon
explore cordilleras

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunesnstars View Post
Well... It isn't a translap but it did just fine navigating through the countryside of Banaue. Long story with nice bike in Angeles City. I'll explain later but apparently I am too Filipino for them and since I am Filipino, I will steal bike parts. Stay tuned...

sorry to hear that kabayan. don't worry maybe next time you visit philippines i can rent out an xr 200 to you.
i am out of the country right now, working, and i stopped renting out bike for the meantime. sorry i don't have
big displacement adventure bike -i can't afford it

there are a lot of places to ride in the cordilleras and the weather is cool.

Tinoc, Ifugao
[/IMG]

Mt. Ugo, Itogon Benguet.
[/IMG]

cheers and goodluck dunesnstar!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #1000
dunesnstars
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 160
Screw nice bike! They suck!

Good news is we got back from the PI just in time for my new, shiny, birthday farkles!

Planning to install them this afternoon! I'm exciiiiiiitedddddd! Thanks mpowers!
The rush from riding on two wheels... priceless.
dunesnstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #1001
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Solo night ride to Mayon Volcano

Was restless on a Friday afternoon, went to the mall to check out what's being shown in the movies which didn't satisfy my itch for contentment. So I decided to go on a solo journey to Mayon Volcano in Albay Legazpi Bicol. Left at 7PM without a clue how to get there, just grabbed my riding gear, a flashlight, and brought my pocket tool. The weather was great and all was well until I reached the bicol diversion, turned right which was Naga/Legazpi bound and the road was terrible. Uneven cement roads, filled with cracks, unpaved portion, potholes, Giant pot holes big enough to engulf my size 14 tire. HID as usual served me well, but it has to be on High beam to catch a glimpse of what obstacles the terrible roads I would encounter. Cruising at 70-90kph in pitch black darkness, I was forced to do a bunny hop with my scoot as I almost ran into a giant pot hole on the road. This made me realize that it was time to slow down and be safe. There was also a part in the mountains where fog engulfed everything...this gave me the creeps as there was no one else on the road but me and my trusty scooter. Upon passing the mountains, I reached Polangui exactly at day break with Mayon Volcano in sight, this gave me extra energy and motivation from suffering from fatigue and sleep deprivation. Cagsawa ruins, my target destination was approximately 1-2 hours ahead. Pictures to follow...
carloscyclecare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:57 PM   #1002
Rackemcrackem
Unsafe at any speed

Oddometer: 395
Wow, Carloscyclecare, you have shared an impressive ride with your first post to ADVRider! Where did your ride start from? It's definitely in the Adventure Rider spirit to ride solo but leaving at night for a long solo ride with riding gear, flashlight and multi-tool pushes the boundaries of minimalism for mere mortals like me!

I'm looking forward to pics and more details of your ride!
Rackemcrackem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #1003
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloscyclecare View Post
Was restless on a Friday afternoon, .................................. the movies which didn't satisfy my itch for contentment. So I decided to go on a solo journey to Mayon Volcano in Albay Legazpi Bicol. Left at 7PM without a clue how to get there, .............................................. I reached Polangui exactly at day break with Mayon Volcano in sight, this gave me extra energy and motivation from suffering from fatigue and sleep deprivation. Cagsawa ruins, my target destination was approximately 1-2 hours ahead. Pictures to follow...

Welcome to the Philippine Adventure Rides thread Carlos. I am glad you found your way here.

Reading the above post, you show the attitude of a ADVrider!

Looking forward to your pix and RR bro.

HERC
Old 06-11-2012, 12:31 AM   #1004
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rackemcrackem View Post
Wow, Carloscyclecare, you have shared an impressive ride with your first post to ADVRider! Where did your ride start from? It's definitely in the Adventure Rider spirit to ride solo but leaving at night for a long solo ride with riding gear, flashlight and multi-tool pushes the boundaries of minimalism for mere mortals like me!

I'm looking forward to pics and more details of your ride!

Thanks Rackemcrackem. Starting point is from Sucat Paranaque, this would have been more interesting with pictures but it seems that I'm just not allowed to do that yet due to account limitations at the moment. I have a lot more to share but it just makes no sense without pictures I'll be posting some more of my rides in the country as soon as I have time or I'm permitted to post pictures. Destinations such as Sagada, Mindoro, Daet Bicol, Naga Bicol, and the list goes on.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #1005
carloscyclecare
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Welcome to the Philippine Adventure Rides thread Carlos. I am glad you found your way here.

Reading the above post, you show the attitude of a ADVrider!

Looking forward to your pix and RR bro.

HERC
Thanks Herc, finally found time to post here. Just tried to post my Sagada ride a while ago with some pics from photobucket but, says it's still subject to approval before being viewed. Wish I could post pics and share the beauty of the Philippines