Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 05:33 AM   #1456
Terrytori
Namaste

Oddometer: 1,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnbow View Post
Got the new wheels and tires on and took it for a spin last night. Once I get a proper seat for the bike I'll leave it alone for this year.

Wood Man, I've been staring at your scooter for the last couple of days.
It totally rocks.

I can only imagine the fun to be had with that kind of clearance.

Totally inspiring.

http://www.secordgallery.com/gallery...2_itemId=35642
Terrytori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1457
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,146
Thanks Terry, you're gonna need another bike, you DON'T want to do this to yours! I haven't really had a chance to go off road, fire roads only to this point. And I definitely want lower gears and a taller seat, don't need more torque or anything but it'd be nice to be able to crawl a bit in first... the taller seat is a must tho' I'm 6'2" with relatively long legs and arms, the sport cramps me up just a bit. All in all tho', I am loving this bike, it's just what I wanted it to be.

Curvin' will do, I'm taking a break from installing a sprinkler system but maybe in the morning I'll take a few more shots... You do know that this is the "beauty" side of a Harley right??
Old 06-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #1458
BigEasy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,590
Seen a couple weekends ago at The Rockers Reunion cafe bike show in Indy

Luckily I have no children. They would have been bartered for this bad boy in a heartbeat if I could have found the owner

I missed a chance at one of these several years ago because I was so broke at the time I couldn't pay attention. I want one baaaaad

"Play hard and FLOOR IT" Stevie Ray Vaughan

just remember: the only difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits
BigEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:11 PM   #1459
B.Curvin
Feral Chia tamer

Oddometer: 2,673
Quote:

Curvin' will do, I'm taking a break from installing a sprinkler system but maybe in the morning I'll take a few more shots... You do know that this is the "beauty" side of a Harley right??

Oh yes. The exhaust side is always better. I'm just hoping for a shot directly from the side (exhaust side would be good). It's hard to tell proportions when at an angle.

This morning a guy came into the motorcycle shop where I work with a 97 1200S (I guess it's an S. Twin disks, remote reservoir shocks, etc etc). Only 4,000 miles on it, and he'll sell it.

I've got to get my Buell finished and sold so I can nab it.

Porsche Audi VW
B.Curvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #1460
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Twin to my bike Curvin'. they didn't have the twin plug heads or extra special cams or ignition modules but you'd never know it...
Old 06-02-2012, 06:47 PM   #1461
Little Bull
Doing it today

Oddometer: 20
Go Sportster Go

Posted elsewhere but probably not out of place here
Old 06-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #1462
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,918
Quote:
Twin to my bike Curvin'. they didn't have the twin plug heads or extra special cams or ignition modules but you'd never know it...
As far as performance goes, the twin-plug S models are a dead-end anyway...

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #1463
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZbiker View Post
As far as performance goes, the twin-plug S models are a dead-end anyway...
Yep. What I'd heard is that guys in the know replace that ignition and the coils with Dyna S or something.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #1464
TGrant
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
TGrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #1465
Harsh
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules083 View Post
How do you like that windshield? I'd like to put something on my 99, but I don't know what size I want. I always seem to buy a bigger windshield than what I actually need, then regret it later.

I'd like to have bug protection, as I wear an open face helmet normally. It seems like the little ones like that would put your head in the turbulence and you'd still get slammed with bugs, but I've never had one so I don't know. Below 55 I love my sportster, but going on the highway for any length of time is miserable. Neck gets sore from holding my helmet against the wind, catch a fat bug to the face, then say heck with it and take another route. I've shortened a lot of rides because of that fact and regretted it later.
The windshield is a Memphis Shades Del Rio. Blocks bugs without turbulence. The four mounting points allow for adjustment of windshield angle. I like to ride without a windshield but for any distance or speed over 60 I want a windshield. This windshield has the quick disconnect trigger locks - takes about 5 seconds to remove and about 15 seconds to put back on - so I'm happy with it.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #1466
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Here you go Curvin'... I didn't get to ride the Sportster at all this weekend, the wife had me chauffeuring her around on the E-Glide.. I'm not complaining.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:56 AM   #1467
B.Curvin
Feral Chia tamer

Oddometer: 2,673
Quote:
Here you go Curvin'...

right click....save as

Porsche Audi VW
B.Curvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:20 AM   #1468
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,906
woodnbow, The bike looks great!! Can you tell me which chain conversion you used and where you got the round air cleaner ? I am working on a similar project.
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:59 PM   #1469
woodnbow
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger Beard View Post
woodnbow, The bike looks great!! Can you tell me which chain conversion you used and where you got the round air cleaner ? I am working on a similar project.
Thanks!

I didn't use a kit. It's a flat drag spec 51T rear sprocket and the front is an .850 offset 14T from PBI? I'm probably going down to 23T in front. Both are for 530 chain. The air cleaner cover came from a swap meet a few years ago, it's a half inch larger circ. than the Ness A/C and I like the look, wish I could find another!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #1470
Ginger Beard
I have no soul

Oddometer: 5,906
Quote:
Thanks!

I didn't use a kit. It's a flat drag spec 51T rear sprocket and the front is an .850 offset 14T from PBI? I'm probably going down to 23T in front. Both are for 530 chain. The air cleaner cover came from a swap meet a few years ago, it's a half inch larger circ. than the Ness A/C and I like the look, wish I could find another!

Thanks for the response. Let me know how the gear change effects cruising speed. No single track in mind for my project but the ability to slowly thump along a mountain grade would be great.
Ginger Beard is offline   Reply With Quote