Old 06-04-2012, 08:16 AM   #496
Paint shaker
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 106
Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokad View Post
I'll bow out after this post...
Found this from a couple of days ago and about 200 or so posts back.

www.paintshakerracing.com
Paint shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #497
bokad OP
Difficult Child

Oddometer: 395
Epic FAIL on my part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint shaker View Post
Found this from a couple of days ago and about 200 or so posts back.
bokad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #498
cordite
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Fun Stuff

Just got home after a week long camping trip. Thought I would check and see if there was anything new in hacks.
cordite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #499
smelick
Once you hack...

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by gspell68 View Post
Nope. I pay more for gas because of gouging.
You paid more for your Ural because your carbs and electronics are Japanese; your forks, brakes, and ignition is Italian; your gears are German. You are paying extra for that "quality". Oh yeah, plus the Rooskies are gouging on Urals, too.

And to top it off, I get the same 25 MPG on my rig as you do on your new rig.
Gouging? Really? Who is gouging you on gas prices? I'm sorry but OPEC disbanded in 2005 (their effort to control pricing) because they could no longer do so. I'm sure you can cite some current article supporting some sort of conspiracy theory (like with global weather change) but the general consensus is that there is a finite amount of crude and we are using more than we can produce, there's really not much debate in the professional world around this. Besides, is the ADV forum really a place to debate this?

And when you talk about the Ural, you are correct, parts are now sourced form other locations. But the price increase easily attributed to inflation/demand and other very basic economic factors. There's even a FAQ on the IMZ site regarding this: http://www.imz-ural.com/faq/

What's the base price for the Ural-T again?

Basic economic principals at work. Fortunately there is no one out to "get you". You'll have to look at the economics of drug trafficking to see that :)

-Scott

http://www.scooter-sidecars.com/

smelick screwed with this post 06-04-2012 at 09:19 AM
smelick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #500
AeroEngineer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerStank View Post
The location of the Irbit factory is due to some historical reasons, read a book fool....... NoNad, you are living proof of more money than brains, your incessant crybaby sniveling because you didn't research what you bought, TWICE, and then your inability to be able to do simple fixes, like water in your carb, or tune your lean running smog approved Ural so you can start it is just pathetic. You have show cased that you are an inept fool, that even if on a Honda, and it needed a throttle cable adjustment or some other simple task performed, you would have the bike towed to a dealer. Have you thought about buying a Toyota Corolla and cutting the roof off for that almost motorcycle like experience?? haha

By the way, every bike sold in the states has about a $450+ destination fee, so why your now whining about Urals having to be shipped from Russia and adding to the cost is beyond me? I guess Ural should move their plant to Detroit to cater to penny pinching RUBS like you.

Why the personal attack when before I tried to help you, because your sniveling and whining is pathetic and shows what a helpless fool you are.You didn't respond to one thing I said when I tried to help. Have you sold your bikes yet, plenty of offers around, I would just like you to hurry up and do that, I for one don't want you in the Ural community, you don't fit.........your embarrassing to the rest of us.

And don't give us that I'm overseas crap, if lowly Ural can ship bikes around the world from the Irbit Mountains in Russia, are you saying that you can't sell or ship your bike because of cost/distance. Wait, like you said about Ural, that cost is your problem. Your sale from overseas, regardless of shipping costs, your sale price should be the same as if the bike was in Florida or L.A. right??

Hey there's a Bonnie with hack for sale on EBay right now. please buy it, then we can hear about how the bike is a RPOC because the chain and sprockets wear out too quick and you don't know how to tighten a chain up. Silly shit man......

2006 DR650 (???)
AeroEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #501
Montague
UDF Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Is this whiner's 15 minutes of fame over yet?

I was riding my Ural all this past weekend, not one breakdown or issue.

Guess I am just the lucky sort but I am sure this Ural curse thing is just waiting on the sidelines, 'cause I read on the 'net they are unreliable and bad.
Montague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #502
YOUNZ
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by smelick View Post
Gouging? Really? Who is gouging you on gas prices? I'm sorry but OPEC disbanded in 2005 (their effort to control pricing) because they could no longer do so. I'm sure you can cite some current article supporting some sort of conspiracy theory (like with global weather change) but the general consensus is that there is a finite amount of crude and we are using more than we can produce, there's really not much debate in the professional world around this. Besides, is the ADV forum really a place to debate this?

And when you talk about the Ural, you are correct, parts are now sourced form other locations. But the price increase easily attributed to inflation/demand and other very basic economic factors. There's even a FAQ on the IMZ site regarding this: http://www.imz-ural.com/faq/

What's the base price for the Ural-T again?

Basic economic principals at work. Fortunately there is no one out to "get you". You'll have to look at the economics of drug trafficking to see that :)

-Scott
We are using more crude than we can produce? Why are we exporting oil?? It wouldn't be, "profit" at any cost, would it?
YOUNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #503
roscoau
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecarjohn View Post
Or maybe a TV saga such as Lost, 24, Sons of Acne, or maybe Dr Strangelove ?
More like Days of our Lives I would have said...

Ural - speed limits aren't a restriction, they are an achievement!
roscoau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #504
JohnBG
Slow Moving Three Wheeler

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Some one recently posted a you tube of the factory on this forum . From memory it was about 600 per week . They sell approximately ( google the word ) 800 a year in Russia alone and that number doesn't rate on their radar . So that would leave around ( a variation of approximate ) 200 for the rest of the world .

In the old days in Soviet Russia, maybe they pumped out that many. Not it's only a few hundred per year.

'98.5 Ural Tourist 650 - "Valentina" (the blonde)
'06 Ural Raven 750 2WD - "Vorona" (the brunette)

Soviet Steeds Motorcycle Collective Forums
An independent site for Ural/Dnepr Enthusiasts
Forums - http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums
Photo Galleries - http://www.sovietsteeds.com/galleries
JohnBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #505
JohnBG
Slow Moving Three Wheeler

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prmurat View Post
This a trait of the SS list... Did hope it would not pollute here!!!
Pmu-rat - wot the Vagasil didn't work for you?

'98.5 Ural Tourist 650 - "Valentina" (the blonde)
'06 Ural Raven 750 2WD - "Vorona" (the brunette)

Soviet Steeds Motorcycle Collective Forums
An independent site for Ural/Dnepr Enthusiasts
Forums - http://www.sovietsteeds.com/forums
Photo Galleries - http://www.sovietsteeds.com/galleries
JohnBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #506
Nick in PRC.
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecarjohn View Post
Guys,

Maybe it's about time you abandoned the keyboard and went for a long ride.

And if it's on a Ural a walk might be involved too.............

Chang chat: http://cj750.forumcircle.com
Nick in PRC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #507
Prmurat
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBG View Post
Pmu-rat - wot the Vagasil didn't work for you?
Now the hater in chief is here... This is just his type of un interesting post he bakes in and restart when dead and buried. Racism, bigotry and plain dumb remarks should follow...trying to make people leave ADV as fast as they do with SS, are you???
Prmurat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #508
Mr. Cob
Howling "Mad", Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,162
Howdy All,

Well.............I am now at the Hood River Oregon Fair Gound's, just got my RPOC Ural unloaded from the toy hauler, camp is setup and I am ready to ride tomorrow. For years some of us Ural riders have been coming over early to help prove out the dual sport course for the "Black Dog Dual Sport Rally" an AMA sanctioned event. The event takes the participants through some high mountain country that often has a lot of snow on the trails, those of us who ride Ural's come over early to clear the trails of downed trees and using the two wheel drive bust a path through the snow so that by next weekend when the actual event happens the snow will be melted back so the regular bikes came make it through that part of the trail.

Yeah the fucking POS Ural's are a good for nothing I tell ya, here's a few shots of how worthless they are and what we do BEFORE the event. We also run the Ural's in the rally and the other riders on regular dual sport bikes think the Ural's a hoot to watch as we charge through the mud that stops many of the bikes.

When we come to the snow, if we don't make it the first time we "back up" and hit it again until we bust a path through the snow.

We cleared this stretch of trail, on to the next bad spot.

To top it off, unfortunately it seems like every year someone gets hurt pretty bad out in the middle of nowhere, no problem the Ural's act as ambulances and carry the injured riders out to where medical care can be given. The rider in the sidecar has just run wide on a turn and lost control of his KTM, his right leg was messed up pretty bad. This same rider the day before had been following my Ural in a particular bad spot with lots of rocks and ruts in the trail, he nearly went down in the ruts trying to keep up with the Ural. He was chasing another Ural when he ran wide on the corner, yeah the damned Ural's just clog up the course, they should be banned.

Yeah the Ural's are so undependable they have to blaze the trail so that regular dual sport bikes of ALL brands and models can have a chance at getting through the course. Piece of shite, if it didn't run so well I'd sell the damned Russian turd.

My photos, http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/ Help a CHEAP bastard keep his Smugmug, use this coupon ( geyYbNZwLLrl6 ) thank you.
Mr. Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #509
DaveBall
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Come on people. Give it a rest will you? Just because a couple of people choose to show their ignorance, does not mean that everyone else has to sink down to their level of mental incompetence.

Some people love Urals, some love Harleys, some love Ducatis, some love Hondas, or whatever. That is why all these different bikes are available. They all give a different riding experience and some are more niche marketed than others. Not everybody wants a UJM. Some want an old school style while others want the latest high tech thing they can find.Some enjoy tinkering and playing with the mechanicals while others only want to have to put gas in and go. And there are some that would rather not have to get their hands anywhere near a gas pump, They just want to pose and try to look good. To some people it is all about getting to their destination, and others fell the journet is more important. So what? We are all individuals that share a passion. Lets get back to that.

So, everybody PLEASE Stop bashing people that you don't agree with. That goes both ways. Just agree to disagree, lift a beverage of your choice and get off the soap boxes.
Time to put this thread to bed and get back to the usual informative and respectful exchange of information.
DaveBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #510
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Cob View Post
Howdy All,

Well............ Piece of shite, if it didn't run so well I'd sell the damned Russian turd.
well, there you have it! I still want one.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote