Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #5371
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,635
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazeKLR View Post
Where did you get those extensions for the acerbis handguards? I have the same ones but I've been looking for those damn extensions everywhere and I can't find them. Even on the acerbis website.

help!

Seek and ye will find...

Canadian sources...I've dealt with both these companies with great success (but I bought mine on ebay quite a few years ago).
http://www.mx1canada.com/acerbis-ral...ion-black.html
http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/acer...-spoilers.html
Old 06-04-2012, 08:06 AM   #5372
KamikazeKLR
Shorty on the 650

Oddometer: 596
Ahhhhhh thank you so much. Although, it's completely ridiculous that the shipping is more than the actual product.
KamikazeKLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #5373
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Ahhhhhh thank you so much. Although, it's completely ridiculous that the shipping is more than the actual product.
What other gear do you need (or anyone else for that matter). Free shipping with $100 order. I could probably find a couple cheap items to help you out.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #5374
KamikazeKLR
Shorty on the 650

Nice! umm my bike is pretty much set... I do, however, want some better gauges. Basically what I want its a god damn clock on my bike because I never know what time it is when I'm riding hahaha. If there's one that comes with a tach and a speedometer and all those fancy things I'd be okay with that. I'd also like to change my headlight to something brighter.

-Mel
Old 06-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #5375
ZZR_Ron
Underground

Oddometer: 8,014
Quote:
Nice! umm my bike is pretty much set... I do, however, want some better gauges. Basically what I want its a god damn clock on my bike because I never know what time it is when I'm riding hahaha. If there's one that comes with a tach and a speedometer and all those fancy things I'd be okay with that. I'd also like to change my headlight to something brighter.

-Mel
Just mount a GPS to it. All that and more.(Well, except the tach)
Old 06-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #5376
Mark-II
Turn The Gas On

Oddometer: 328
Quote:

-Mel

I went to dollarama and bought a wristwatch with a silicone band and some self-adhesive round velcro pads. The watch face pops out of the band, leaving a clean looking case, and I velcro mounted it beside the temp gauge. So far my <$3 dash clock has survived wind, rain, sun, and the thumper's loving vibrations*.

* I used velcro in part to help dampen the vibes.
Mark-II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #5377
silencejinn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:

-Mel
I will show you mine, I picked up one 2 weeks ago when I was in the US. it has clock, inside temp and outside temp.
thank you Greg for the doo, i looped the temp sensor around it to keep it off direct sunlight. Maybe I will post a pic tonight.
silencejinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #5378
dryden_rider_54
Sun Seeker

Oddometer: 1,723
Try this. Had one on my KLR for 2 yrs before it bit the dust. If you want to shop around for it search "Show Chrome Accessories Digital 5-Function Volt Meter"

http://www.happy-trail.com/Digital-5...ion-Meter.aspx

Quote:

-Mel
dryden_rider_54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:37 PM   #5379
KamikazeKLR
Shorty on the 650

Awsome. Thanks for all the help guys! I think i'll be able to find something now.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:51 PM   #5380
stubblejumper

Oddometer: 207
Clock

Quote:

-Mel
Go to Walmart and buy a watch. Mine cost $9.99 and I got a red one to match my bike. I have a handlebar pad and it wraps around it nicely.
`11 Ram SLT Hemi 4x4

stubblejumper screwed with this post 06-04-2012 at 05:31 PM
stubblejumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #5381
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubblejumper View Post
Go to Walmart and buy a watch. Mine cost $9.99 and I got a red one to match my bike. I have a handlebar pad and it wraps around it nicely.
Ditto.
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #5382
Mark96
Way Out There!

Oddometer: 676
humvee....re lost chain circlip

quote {Somewhere in the 500km between wpg and Grand rapids I lost my master clip. Strange, because the chain was installed at least 5K ago. It was Friday night and only the grocery store was open, so I thought maybe a twist tie would hold things together until I could find a shop on Saturday.}

Stainless safety wire works fabulous as a chain circlip....have used it many times....just wrap it around nice and tight and twist and you're good to go

Can be used for all sorts of emergency repairs...just bring along some needle nose vice grip pliers too
Old 06-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #5383
humvee
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark96 View Post
humvee....re lost chain circlip

Stainless safety wire
I've heard of it, but never seen it. Where does one find such magic material? On the shelf beside the duct tape and JB weld?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #5384
jimtoe
Dream'n of a Dream

Oddometer: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by humvee View Post
I've heard of it, but never seen it. Where does one find such magic material? On the shelf beside the duct tape and JB weld?
I can give you some if you need it. I do have some.
2001 Kawasaki Super Sherpa "just for fun"
2009 Kawasaki Versys "Nothing but smiles"
jimtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:56 AM   #5385
Walub
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by humvee View Post
Got out for a weekend ride to Grand Rapids, MN this weekend. A few pics:

Got a little dirty

Found a great campsite

Love the Forest roads!

Hello I am not very active here but I maybe need to be more so : ). Can you let me know where that campsite is? I am looking for a short weekend ride that I can do at the end of August
Walub is offline   Reply With Quote