ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: What Vehicles Contain The Most Douchebag Drivers?
Cadillac Escalades 56 8.45%
Any Model Of BMW Vehicle 107 16.14%
Teens W/ 4 Cyl. Japan/Korean cars W/ Lawn Mower Mufflers 116 17.50%
A-holes Texting In SUVS 384 57.92%
Voters: 663. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2012, 09:47 AM   #91
ride4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,704
Stick figure family vehicles. Douchiest of all douchebags.

Don't you know there ain't no devil, it's just God when he's drunk.
Tom Waits
ride4321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:51 AM   #92
lethe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4321 View Post

A solution exists for every problem....

http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Figure-.../dp/B0067PRKS2
lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:39 AM   #93
wmax351
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride4321 View Post

Looks like the dad is chasing the wife and kids with a lawnmower. Just saying.
wmax351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #94
Alton
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
... the car in front/behind/next to you.
Alton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:23 PM   #95
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
This thread could easily digress into the worst drivers by nationality and ethnic origin. But of course, that would not be nice.
That's for the basement....

Didn't see the option, but PT Cruiser drivers, and the crappy Chevy equivalent rank high on my list of DB's.

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #96
ricochetrider
a certain something

Oddometer: 1,715
In my experience the vehicles vary (Prius, Z3, H3, Corvettes, or ANY kind of Buick) but the BIGGEST douchebags I've seen all have NASCAR shit stuck all over their cars or trucks.
ricochetrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #97
lethe
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochetrider View Post
In my experience the vehicles vary (Prius, Z3, H3, Corvettes, or ANY kind of Buick) but the BIGGEST douchebags I've seen all have NASCAR shit stuck all over their cars or trucks.
Similarly it seems that the bigger a favorite sports team sticker on the vehicle the quicker to road rage mode the driver gets. Most people I've had try to run me off the road for seemingly no reason had giant Yankees stickers on their vehicles.
lethe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:35 PM   #98
JLAW3000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Audi

Always AUDI.

Grew up in Boulder and it was and continues to be land of the douche in an AUDI. Why?

Parents paying outrageous out of state tuition to a marginally decent school because their idiot kid could not get into a better one but parents wanted to get them as far away as they could pay for and kid wanted to go to THE "party school". So, they need a "four wheel drive" car that is not for old people (BMW) and shows you clearly have more money than a Subaru owner = buy them a brand new A4, A6, S4, S8.

Then they go around racing everything with an engine and crashing when it snows. Just because you can drive fast on ice does not mean you can stop fast. Then daddy buys you a new one anyway.
JLAW3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #99
woofer2609
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 635
For me it's easier to point out safer drivers...

...usually tend to drive shitty cars.
They're not as fast
They feel they're going faster than they are
You want to be as inconspicuous as possible to avoid being pulled so drive better if you have a suspect car
Honestly, I'm scared of men or women driving new large SUV Suburbans, etc. It's all about them, after all!
Any new vehicle is so quiet at speed, and has so many safety features that the drivers have no fear of hurting themselves, let alone others.
I like the idea of installing a spike in the center of every steering wheel. Can you imagine?

woofer2609 screwed with this post 06-04-2012 at 06:17 PM
woofer2609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #100
MajorElint
Adventurer

Oddometer: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricochetrider View Post

It's because NASCAR fan has to win the race to the next red light.
MajorElint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #101
stubmw
some what aloof

Oddometer: 2,443
Anyone in a cage is a douchebag.
stubmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:00 PM   #102
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by woofer2609 View Post
Any new vehicle is so quiet at speed, and has so many safety features that the drivers have no fear of hurting themselves, let alone others.
I like the idea of installing a spike in the center of every steering wheel. Can you imagine?
Yep! In the 50/60/70/80's, Standard family cars could NOT travel 130MPH. That is easy with a new car and almost every car can do 100-110, even a new Bug. Cruising at 80 is easy, silent and there is so much crap to distract you from the road including 200watt stereos, mp3's, cell phones, GPS, bluetooth, seat warmers...
Very little is done in the way of actually TEACHING the responsibility of driving. It is more of "Get your license so I dont have to drive you everywhere" and then "they" grow up to be adults. bastards!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:30 AM   #103
Voidrider
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenai Rider View Post
That's for the basement....

Didn't see the option, but PT Cruiser drivers, and the crappy Chevy equivalent rank high on my list of DB's.
PT Cruisers...definitely! I have totally lost count of the times some overweight middle-aged+ woman is on her cell phone or chewing down another double cheeseburger and has just about run me off the road (and I could be driving a delivery van, they just don't care), but will glare and scowl, "How DARE you be on the same road with me". Totally the car of the middle aged, "Daddy didn't buy me sharp car back when I was a teenager, and I am still angsty about it, so I am 'entitled".

On a trip I told my wife, "Next PT Cruiser you see, check the driver, I am telling you, its going to be driven by an overweight, middle-aged blonde woman, she will be on her cell phone, eating, or applying make up". My wife said I was stereotyping and it she didn't approve. But, the next PT Cruiser we saw, her only comment was, "Holy Shit...."!
Voidrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:42 AM   #104
DanielBarton
One of everything...

Oddometer: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidrider View Post
PT Cruisers...definitely! I have totally lost count of the times some overweight middle-aged+ woman is on her cell phone or chewing down another double cheeseburger and has just about run me off the road (and I could be driving a delivery van, they just don't care), but will glare and scowl, "How DARE you be on the same road with me". Totally the car of the middle aged, "Daddy didn't buy me sharp car back when I was a teenager, and I am still angsty about it, so I am 'entitled".

On a trip I told my wife, "Next PT Cruiser you see, check the driver, I am telling you, its going to be driven by an overweight, middle-aged blonde woman, she will be on her cell phone, eating, or applying make up". My wife said I was stereotyping and it she didn't approve. But, the next PT Cruiser we saw, her only comment was, "Holy Shit...."!
Hahaha-you hit the nail on the head! I see the same thing where I live. Those PT P.O.S's would also have the faux wood paneling on the sides too...

In general those vehicles and the Chev HHR are just butt ugly any way you look at them
2012 BMW R1200R Classic
DanielBarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #105
Kootenai Rider
Displaced Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBarton View Post
Hahaha-you hit the nail on the head! I see the same thing where I live. Those PT P.O.S's would also have the faux wood paneling on the sides too...

In general those vehicles and the Chev HHR are just butt ugly any way you look at them

Or every gaudy piece of chrome you can imagine.

I pulled up to the bank yesterday to use the ATM...what is parked right in the middle.....a PT Cruiser, with extremely douchey looking flames on it, and custom douchey interior. The dude in the driver seat gave me a "whats up nod" like he was hot shit.

I was thinking "really, I am on a KLR, you think I give a rats ass that your PT Cruiser has every custom POS on it"

my one question for any of these custom rigs is "did you buy it that way or did you fuck it up yourself"

2012 KTM 250XC-W "Ginger"
Kootenai Rider is offline   Reply With Quote