Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 05:02 AM   #511
vwboomer
Buffoon

Oddometer: 9,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire View Post
If a Boomer crashes in the woods and no ones around, did a Boomer really crash?

oh yes

cuz when I crash it's normally pretty spectacular and takes awhile for me to get up, thus giving the people behind me ample opportunity to catch up. And sometimes get the bike off me

vwboomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:24 AM   #512
zora
the explora

Oddometer: 2,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by djvx View Post
Ummm ,,,Shower Shit & Shave
Oh lordy. I had no clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Coyote View Post
Anyone worried about shaving should be happy to know that Bonebag has arranged to have a keg of Axe body spray on tap this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
The group watching makes people nervous and afraid of doing something stupid. Tense up and stupid ensues
so basically, all crashes are the onlookers fault
Okay, I retract that "Do List" item. I would never stop on my own there to watch and sketch people out, cuz I hate it just as much. However I have never been through there and been able to just keep trucking cuz there is always a roadblock of bikes a few feet from the end, so there really wasn't much of a choice. The first time I ever saw 8teen ride, she came through that sand just fine, then saw the bikes and I don't know what happened, but she ended up dumping it and hitting her head on the ground so hard I felt it in my boots. So, new policy? Move along people or .... ?

Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #513
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
Oh lordy. I had no clue.

Okay, I retract that "Do List" item. I would never stop on my own there to watch and sketch people out, cuz I hate it just as much. However I have never been through there and been able to just keep trucking cuz there is always a roadblock of bikes a few feet from the end, so there really wasn't much of a choice. The first time I ever saw 8teen ride, she came through that sand just fine, then saw the bikes and I don't know what happened, but she ended up dumping it and hitting her head on the ground so hard I felt it in my boots. So, new policy? Move along people or .... ?

If we move along and don't stop to watch others how would we get classic shots like this ????

05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #514
zora
the explora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltydog86 View Post
If we move along and don't stop to watch others how would we get classic shots like this ????

You're right. That is a Zora classic. When I biffed it on those TN rocks, my helmet visor somehow became perfectly wedged in a crack in the log and I couldn't even lift my head out of it. Did Salty come to my rescue? Nope. He stood there and admired it through his camera lens. Watch out for that guy. You've been warned.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #515
FINNDIAN
Mine goes to 11

Oddometer: 1,739
Quote:
it pays to always be ready with the camera. Awesome shot.
The more side roads you stop to explore, the less likely that life will pass you by. ~Robert Brault. 2004 KTM 950 S GO!!!!(Blacked out),03 Beta Rev3, 1973 Rokon Trailbreaker 2x2, 1999 Intruder 1500, 08 Aprilia rxv450, 90 DRBIG 800,79GS850
Ride Reports
FINNDIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #516
freeflow
get in or go in

Oddometer: 15,272
Quote:
Like most of Freeflow's thoughts and contributions, I'm calling 5 months behind on things...

so sorry...I'm not all hip hop like that ..
freeflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #517
Don Coyote
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,159
Quote:
You're right. That is a Zora classic. When I biffed it on those TN rocks, my helmet visor somehow became perfectly wedged in a crack in the log and I couldn't even lift my head out of it. Did Salty come to my rescue? Nope. He stood there and admired it through his camera lens. Watch out for that guy. You've been warned.
He probably just thought you were checking under your cycle to make sure no insects or small mammals were in danger of being crushed...
Old 06-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #518
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Oh lordy. I had no clue.

hit er head you say? it's allll coming together now

fuck no I'll stop at the bottom of that every time! I might even set up a Killboy shooting type zone to make back some gas money

Problem was last year, every time we had to stop, i wasn't sure my bike was gonna start. No worries this year. I hope.

Quote:

that is awesome. And exactly what friends are for
too bad you didn't get one of me at the rally when I was pinned under my bike

Old 06-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #519
Saltydog86
village idiot

Oddometer: 1,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwboomer View Post
hit er head you say? it's allll coming together now

fuck no I'll stop at the bottom of that every time! I might even set up a Killboy shooting type zone to make back some gas money

Problem was last year, every time we had to stop, i wasn't sure my bike was gonna start. No worries this year. I hope.

that is awesome. And exactly what friends are for
too bad you didn't get one of me at the rally when I was pinned under my bike
I thought I had, looked back in my pics and you were already up by the time I took a pic.
05 Yamaha XT225
03 Honda Goldwing GL1800
Saltydog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #520
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Oddometer: 3,890
Sorry I just can't pass up precious moments like these.
oPAULo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #521
zora
the explora

Quote:
Originally Posted by oPAULo View Post
Sorry I just can't pass up precious moments like these.
Is that your soon to be wifey? I gotta hook up with her so we can start a Women's WR Wreckers club.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #522
oPAULo
jack of all terrain

Quote:
Is that your soon to be wifey? I gotta hook up with her so we can start a Women's WR Wreckers club.
The one and only!! Currently waiting on a fuel pump. Guess it's good it went out now instead of at the rally.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #523
Number8teen
Uncompetent

Oddometer: 10,526
Quote:
I thought I had, looked back in my pics and you were already up by the time I took a pic.
That was my failure. I should have snapped a picture, but he looked pretty pathetic and in pain. That'll teach me for showing compassion...
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #524
vwboomer
Buffoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8teen View Post
That was my failure. I should have snapped a picture, but he looked pretty pathetic and in pain. That'll teach me for showing compassion...
I woulda understood
that did hurt but not as bad as my Fennimore crash.
Still, a handguard to the side should not leave that big of a mark through a kidney belt

Old 06-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #525
oPAULo
jack of all terrain