Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #376
kbroderick
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno33772 View Post
I quit whining about the availabilty in the US & had them shipped from Canada to Fl....about to order another E07 Dakar. Love the tires & having a tire that lasts pays for itself. The E07 has been everything I wished for in a tire, especially the rear. I will get double the mileage that I got on the TKC80's....simple math tells me it's worth ordering from Canada.
Any thoughts on how the E07 compares to the TKC for grip? I'm rather fond of the E-09, but if I'm going to have to pay shipping from Canada and the foreign purchase fee on my credit card, a longer-lasting tire sounds mighty tempting.
kbroderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #377
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins View Post
and on that note E-10 Dakars too.

No 21" in that yet though. He's thinking of getting them in (I'd like to try one).

I was just there and picked up a E-09 Dakar. Couple of my friends have 'em and love 'em.

BTW don't know if this was covered in this thread but Mitas measures their tires by casing, not knob width like most. That makes them wider than most. As Colin described it the E-09 140/80-17 is actually over 150 in knob width. The 150 E-10 looked huge (it wasn't mounted). I haven't mounted mine yet but from what I've seen that's right.
Does that sound right Daniel?

Thanks,

Dave

toowheels screwed with this post 06-07-2012 at 01:24 PM
toowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:33 PM   #378
glasswave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 926
Quote:
sounds like a standard front w/ dakar rear would be a great setup.
or even better, using EO-10 Dakar front w/ EO-7 Dakar rear
That's what I wanted to do (E-10 Dakar front w/ E-07 Dakar rear), but I ended up just going with the e-07 Dakar rear & I'll probably put a tkc80 up front (strom). I just really couldn't justify $30 extra dollars to try the e-10 Dakar over the tkc80, oth, if it lasted another few 1000 mi then it'd be a no brainer.

BTW, mx1 Canada seems like a first rate outfit. Answered all eMails promptly, were good on the phone. Simply a pleasure to do business with. While the cost of shipping from BC is a little prohibitive, if you are looking for an aggressive tread with greater wear potential than a Big Block/tkc/Karoo in a 150/70-17, the E-07 seems to be a great choice and still came in cheaper (with shipping) than a Heidenau k60.

I hope they find a US distributor soon, but in the mean time, I am quite pleased w/mx1 Canada.
glasswave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:33 PM   #379
Johno33772
Johnny Africa

Oddometer: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbroderick View Post
Any thoughts on how the E07 compares to the TKC for grip? I'm rather fond of the E-09, but if I'm going to have to pay shipping from Canada and the foreign purchase fee on my credit card, a longer-lasting tire sounds mighty tempting.
I don't see any diffrence on pavement grip between the E07 versus the TKC80 . Off road the E07 has done real well.
At 2500 miles my TKC80 rear was close to done...rode it till 3k &it was done. Fitted a E07 & now have 3500 miles & I guess about 1/3rd used. I hope to see 8k on this E07. The front tends to feel light at 90mph plus...I have yet to see anyone regret purchasing a E07.
MX1 are great as mentioned!
Old 06-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #380
glasswave
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 926
Quote:
sounds like a standard front w/ dakar rear would be a great setup.
or even better, using EO-10 Dakar front w/ EO-7 Dakar rear
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswave View Post
That's what I wanted to do (E-10 Dakar front w/ E-07 Dakar rear), but I ended up just going with the e-07 Dakar rear & I'll probably put a tkc80 up front (strom). I just really couldn't justify $30 extra dollars to try the e-10 Dakar over the tkc80, oth, if it lasted another few 1000 mi then it'd be a no brainer.....
Well, they didn't get my order shipped yesterday. So I changed my mind and decided to throw an e-10 Dakar in with my e-07 Dakar order!. Shipping came to $45 from BC to SLC, UT. It's likely a frivolous purchase, but the TKC is a known quantity & I wanted to see how the e-10 holds up. If I can get more than 10,000 miles (or more) out of each, I'll be psyched. I know that they harder compound may sacrifice some road performance, but I don't push it too hard on the tarmac.

Anyways, I'll report back when I get em mounted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels View Post
BTW don't know if this was covered in this thread but Mitas measures their tires by casing, not knob width like most. That makes them wider than most. As Colin described it the E-09 140/80-17 is actually over 150 in knob width. The 150 E-10 looked huge (it wasn't mounted). I haven't mounted mine yet but from what I've seen that's right.
I hope the e-10 Dakar fits under my 2012 Strom front fender. I hear that the tkc80's are a tight fit already.
glasswave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:01 PM   #381
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,736
the e-10s have shorter knobs.

Quote:
Well, they didn't get my order shipped yesterday. So I changed my mind and decided to throw an e-10 Dakar in with my e-07 Dakar order!. Shipping came to $45 from BC to SLC, UT. It's likely a frivolous purchase, but the TKC is a known quantity & I wanted to see how the e-10 holds up. If I can get more than 10,000 miles (or more) out of each, I'll be psyched. I know that they harder compound may sacrifice some road performance, but I don't push it too hard on the tarmac.

Anyways, I'll report back when I get em mounted!

I hope the e-10 Dakar fits under my 2012 Strom front fender. I hear that the tkc80's are a tight fit already.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #382
jimbee
Airhead Intermediate

Oddometer: 334
Would love to try the E-07 or E-09 on the rear of my R100GS, but they don't seem to come in 130/80 17 tubeless, and I don't want to run a tube. Perhaps they exist but I'm looking in the wrong places?
Old 06-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #383
fudgypup
Banned

Oddometer: 2,199
Quote:
That's what I wanted to do (E-10 Dakar front w/ E-07 Dakar rear), but I ended up just going with the e-07 Dakar rear & I'll probably put a tkc80 up front (strom). I just really couldn't justify $30 extra dollars to try the e-10 Dakar over the tkc80, oth, if it lasted another few 1000 mi then it'd be a no brainer.

BTW, mx1 Canada seems like a first rate outfit. Answered all eMails promptly, were good on the phone. Simply a pleasure to do business with. While the cost of shipping from BC is a little prohibitive, if you are looking for an aggressive tread with greater wear potential than a Big Block/tkc/Karoo in a 150/70-17, the E-07 seems to be a great choice and still came in cheaper (with shipping) than a Heidenau k60.

I hope they find a US distributor soon, but in the mean time, I am quite pleased w/mx1 Canada.
MX1Canada has been great for me too but today they informed me they're out of the E09 Dakar in 140/80/17 Tubeless! They say they won't get more "for a couple of months."

I'd get the E10 or E07 but they're a bit pricey. I'm going to finally try a Kenda Big Block on the back wheel and see how that goes.
fudgypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:06 AM   #384
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 9,064
WR250R s(k)ins

...I'm not familiar with the Mitas selection but I'm all ears.

I has T63s on the bike and it handled well, flikable in the dirt et al.
Bumped up to Unicross' and then D606s and both choices, I'm pretty convinced, are too tall for the bike, makes it much harder to turn.
I've done all the suspension mods and adjustments.
I ride primarily on hard pack, fire roads, and occasional sand/desert.
having the front end washout and feel squirrily is not my favorite feeling...

Rapid Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:29 PM   #385
hahmule
Balding Gloriously

Oddometer: 608
Yeah!

Now this is the tire I've been praying for!

http://www.mx1canada.com/product.php?productid=18260

great price too.

They are definitely the next tires to go on my Wee.

Better to be a fast mule than a slow race horse.
hahmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #386
DabsAlot
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 301
Follow up - Mitas E-07

From http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...706242&page=17 post # 243

Here's what my Mitas E-07 looks like after 3000 miles:

Measured tread depth when new 12.4mm, now 6.0mm.

Probably a 50/50 mix of on-road / Missouri - Arkansas gravel roads, bike packed with camping gear probably 50% of the miles

I can't really compare these to another tire on a 'big' bike other than the Anakee 2 that was on the bike when I purchased it.....but I am quite pleased with the performance of this tire, for me it seems to be a good match for the riding I do. Does what I ask of it off-road and I can still ride a spirited pace on the pavement. It squirms around a bit more than I am used to on some tar strips, but other than that I have no qualms with the performance. As you can see there are no chicken strips left, so I am using all the tire when riding somewhat aggressive on the pavement.

Overall I am quite pleased and would purchase again.....but I was hoping there would be a US distributor by the time I needed one ;)
2005 Gas Gas 280 Pro
1975 Yamaha TY-175
DabsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #387
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by hahmule View Post
Now this is the tire I've been praying for!

http://www.mx1canada.com/product.php?productid=18260

great price too.

They are definitely the next tires to go on my Wee.
Looks like they did it right...stability across the tire instead of straight down the middle where it does nothing except ruin off-road capabilities (hmm...Heidi). My summer "go to" bike is running a 120 on the rear so I won't be buying any of these right now but if I were in the market for a big bike tire right now the 150 Mitas wouldn't look so bad.

Now...if we can just get them to set up a USA Distributor!!!

Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #388
Flying Dave
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
FYI, MX1 has only one rear 150//70/17 E-07 left in stock. They had two up until a few minutes ago.....
Flying Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 PM   #389
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,105
I just got my E07 Dakar in today. As soon as the TKC 80 wears out I am going to mount that up and see how it goes. The seem to have plenty of the Dakars available. Only took about two weeks to get. The shipping is a bit steep, but if it lasts me awhile I am happy.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #390
rockinrog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,814
I think this was pretty close to new

This is a 4800 miles
rockinrog is offline   Reply With Quote