Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #2326
mentalfloss
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 295
Those fog lights look like they could be in danger if the bikes tips over. Can they be moved inside the guard a little more to protect them?
mentalfloss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #2327
bajaburro
Ancient Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,552
turn signal swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by WitchCityBallabio View Post
can you give us an idea about the cost?
Old 06-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #2328
03x2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
[QUOTE;16811520]

[/QUOTE]

I put TKC80's on my Stelvio for the winter. A 600 pounder for playing off-road. Ha Ha Ha, what a handful.

Blakebird, full steam ahead when you that thing off-road!
03x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #2329
bigtex
Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
Look forward to riding it at night to see how good all those lights are
Be interesting to see if they kept the old arrangement of only one headlight connected for high-beams. Never did understand that action.

bigtex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #2330
boxermoose
Now fully goosed

Oddometer: 2,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Be interesting to see if they kept the old arrangement of only one headlight connected for high-beams. Never did understand that action.
Both lights go hi-lo - best lit bike I've ever had
Old 06-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #2331
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
nope.
both are lit on low, both on high. Probably an H4 bulb x2.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:04 PM   #2332
Holeshot08
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
Seat adjustment

Hello,

Could someone weigh on on the seat height design? Today while riding with the seat high it dropped at a stop light, then I removed the seat and noticed the plastic lock bar towards the front of the seat on the underside was cracked all the way through. It is the part that the Toung from the tank area slides into, low or high slot. So does the front of the seat get its support from that device or the plastic blocks underneath? It seems like I now only have the low position...

Appreciate any assistance here.

Thanks Chuck
Holeshot08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #2333
boxermoose
Now fully goosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holeshot08 View Post
Hello,

Could someone weigh on on the seat height design? Today while riding with the seat high it dropped at a stop light, then I removed the seat and noticed the plastic lock bar towards the front of the seat on the underside was cracked all the way through. It is the part that the Toung from the tank area slides into, low or high slot. So does the front of the seat get its support from that device or the plastic blocks underneath? It seems like I now only have the low position...

Appreciate any assistance here.

Thanks Chuck
If it is a 2012 us model - the 4 rubber step blocks face the same way - either all with the high part forward or all with the high part facing backward - to set hi or low position

Far as I can see the seat has tongues under the tank and the rear seat provides the positive retention and the rubber step blocks are load bearing
Old 06-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #2334
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

sounds like maybe you didn't get the tongue piece located properly, and it cracked after having weight applied for a while?

tough to know from your description, but I know the basic arrangement you're talking about. I've had my seats on and off a dozen times, and haven't had any trouble getting it in the right place - but you do kind of slide it forward and feel it go into place.

I rode mine home from the dealer on Thursday night, and today (Saturday) I dropped it back off with 560 miles on it for the first service.
Lunch ride to Steamboat Springs with a couple of riding buddies.

It took a long day on the bike to really be able to form an opinion on stuff so early....but man, is this thing great at covering distances at a good clip.

11,307' Berthoud Pass
Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #2335
GeoAggie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 258
Quote:
sounds like maybe you didn't get the tongue piece located properly, and it cracked after having weight applied for a while?

tough to know from your description, but I know the basic arrangement you're talking about. I've had my seats on and off a dozen times, and haven't had any trouble getting it in the right place - but you do kind of slide it forward and feel it go into place.

I rode mine home from the dealer on Thursday night, and today (Saturday) I dropped it back off with 560 miles on it for the first service.
Lunch ride to Steamboat Springs with a couple of riding buddies.

It took a long day on the bike to really be able to form an opinion on stuff so early....but man, is this thing great at covering distances at a good clip.

11,307' Berthoud Pass
How is the engine heat at speed . . . . do you feel any at all with the cyclinder heads so close to your legs? How about around town? My ST1300 was originally incredibly hot, while the GS is so cool to ride. Your Stelvio is absoultey beautiful
GeoAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 08:01 PM   #2336
boxermoose
Now fully goosed

Quote:

Not that it matters much either way - but the owners manual shows first service at 900 miles (my service icon came on today at 944 miles) or 1500km
Old 06-10-2012, 06:18 AM   #2337
Holeshot08
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermoose View Post
If it is a 2012 us model - the 4 rubber step blocks face the same way - either all with the high part forward or all with the high part facing backward - to set hi or low position

Far as I can see the seat has tongues under the tank and the rear seat provides the positive retention and the rubber step blocks are load bearing
Thank you, so the blocks must be able to be removed and turned 180 degrees,,,,I will look closer at my 2012. Appreciate the quick response
Old 06-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #2338
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Cool2

Hi Folks,
I'm not a regular to this thread but like these stelvio's alot. Looks like there is a street adventure stelvio

comming.http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumo...ke-spy-photos/

I hope they design it abit before it goes on sale. Great for those of us stuck between a Griso or a stelvio could it be a "Grelvio"

I'm interested.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:22 AM   #2339
Holeshot08
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoAggie View Post
How is the engine heat at speed . . . . do you feel any at all with the cyclinder heads so close to your legs? How about around town? My ST1300 was originally incredibly hot, while the GS is so cool to ride. Your Stelvio is absoultey beautiful
Love the pic, and the help with the seat. I changed my oil yesterday at 250....then will take to the dealer at 600. Yes, this is a fast scoot, love it and the almost Stealth Bomber look to it!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #2340
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoAggie
How is the engine heat at speed . . . . do you feel any at all with the cyclinder heads so close to your legs? How about around town? My ST1300 was originally incredibly hot, while the GS is so cool to ride.
My ST1300 was a heat sink too, but that was accumulated heat from the motor soaking into the tank and not really having good venting to move the air through.

The first hour's ride was in traffic on a hot day with a new motor...so it was a bit toasty - but sitting at a light on a hot day, idling in heavy riding gear is rarely a pleasant time on any bike. This engine layout isn't really any worse heatwise than other bikes in that scenario.
Heat is heat and you want to be moving so you don't bathe in it

When moving, it's like any other bike. We covered around 430 miles yesterday and the only heat related discomfort was from wearing leathers and a heavy jacket once we got back down in elevation to 100F temps on the front range. But everyone was hot, not just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermoose View Post
Not that it matters much either way - but the owners manual shows first service at 900 miles (my service icon came on today at 944 miles) or 1500km
It doesn't really matter at all....it's a matter of timing and when I could get it done and when they could get to it.

There's no magic to the interval, you just want to give things a good look and check valve lash.
I usually do my own first services but there's a few things I want a trained Guzzi eye looking at early on (throttle body synch, valves, etc).